Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:41:06 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hulk sucked so bad I can't believe they even released it. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hulk sucked so bad I can't believe they even released it.  (Read 3833 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 22, 2003, 10:36:44 PM »

Everything -- EVERYTHING about that movie was wrong.  It was so bad I don't even want to talk about it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 11:52:08 PM »

Have you tried watching the movie without yoru pants? so you know, you can see whast going on? *wa...waaa..waaaaaaa*

I dub thee, a certified knight of the roundtable, stand tall sir b***halot.

But enough of my cheezy insults, Honestly couldnt be worse than resident evil. Maybe you were just expecting a different type of film?

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 12:45:58 AM »

Whatdaya mean, "Hulk sucked so bad I can't believe they even released it?"  They released Battlefield Earth, didn't they?  They released Wing Commander, didn't they?  They released two Scary Movies, and are making a third, aren't they?  This is Hollywood we're talking about, right?  They'll release ANYTHING.

I've made my opinion known in one of the countless other Hulk threads on this site (gotta check them all), but I'll repeat myself a touch here.  I liked it.  They got everything right.  I can believe they released it.

Post Edited (06-23-03 00:46)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 12:52:17 AM »

cullen knows what hes talking about. THOSE are s**t to be compared unfavorably with 'the creeping terror(funny ian pathetic way) or any ed wood movie( fun kinda)

I dont see "B" in s**t, but the two can be pretty close as battlefeild earth, wing commander, and resident evil prove.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 08:18:18 AM »

Hmmmm . . . I think that saying everything about this movie was wrong may be a bit harsh. I thought they could have shown the Hulk a bit earlier in the film, and they could have chopped off the last 15 minutes, but other than that, it was pretty good. And you must admit, Sam Elliott turned in another fine performance.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
SkullNinja
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 09:31:39 AM »

They could've had Jennifer Connelly naked. That would've made the film better.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 10:24:39 AM »

SkullNinja wrote:

> They could've had Jennifer Connelly naked. That would've made
> the film better.

Imagine if they had Nick Nolte naked? Then it would have been a horror movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 11:34:01 AM »

Sorry I sounded so bitter but the movie was so boring it hurt.  I should've learned from Reign of Fire to just walk out and not expect the end to make up for the rest of the movie.

Just for the record, I think "Hulk" was worse than Battlefield Earth.  At least I could laugh at Battlefield Earth.

Keep in mind I didn't go into the movie with any preconceived notions of its quality, nor any expectations of its relative enjoyability.  I just went in hoping to be entertained.  Obviously, I wasn't.

Anyway, my bad feelings toward the movie are already fading, so maybe it will be spared from my list of movies that left me with lingering malice toward them.

Post Edited (06-23-03 11:41)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
The Burgomaster

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 11:46:23 AM »

akiratubo wrote:

> I should've learned from Reign of Fire to just walk out and not
> expect the end to make up for the rest of the movie.

I can't imagine myself walking out of a movie, no matter how bad it is. I came close when I went to see DUNE. But, I figure, if I could suffer through DUNE, I can suffer through anything.

With the price of movies these days, I'm staying until the end no matter what!

I took my wife and my 2 nephews to see HULK on Friday night. Between the tickets and the concession stand, I spent about $67. And I'll still spend another $15 - $20 when the DVD comes out.

Rob Phillips
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 11:51:32 AM »

Haven't seen it yet, but what do you think of this one:

Roger Corman or Loyd Kaufman do a remake of "Chariots of Fire" staring the Hulk (Played by Lou F), and perhaps Godzilla (Played by Rosanne B?). I'd love to see mass destruction of cities and armys as we listen to the blissful note of da dadda da dum dum, da dadda da dum! WHOO HOO! I'd take that for a dollar!

:-)

Rob Phillips
superdude
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »

I honestly abhorred the Hulk movie. I didn't like how there wre too many subplots jammed into the movie and there was too much of a hassle to explain everything when they had to include the injection thing and the thing with Bruce's father.

Those things could have been avoided in the story so they could concentrate and put more quality into the story telling of Hulk's origin's coming from a gamma explosion which makes his oppresed anger explode.

Movie seemed to try too hard on impressing people that it's more than just a typical action movie but the dramatic elements of the film never got to me. There was no sense of direction and the movie never picked up anywhere. But thats just me, I must be the only one that felt the movie was too much of an overkill by trying to give too much backstories that could be edited down to ten minutes, movie was really stretched out with the drama to fill in for the lack of the Hulk himself, in my opinion.
Wycked Nick
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2003, 03:20:53 AM »

I agree man.the movie tried to explain to much,and the movie dosn't really have to have that much explained.It was far to drawn out.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hulk sucked so bad I can't believe they even released it. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.