Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:40:38 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Paul W.S Anderson, f**king dickload bastard... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Paul W.S Anderson, f**king dickload bastard...  (Read 5739 times)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 23, 2003, 11:27:15 PM »

Ok we all know this hack has been chosen to do aliens Vs. Predator, we all know he steals from other movies and doesnt give a f**k about originality( resident evil best example) and we all know all hes good for is lame popcorn action movies.

So here it is the first Anti AvP topic. There are so many cool ideas that could be used for an Aliens Vs Predator movie, but in the end Fox made the mistake of choosing to do an Aliens Vs. Predator movie helmed by this...STUPID f**kING RETARDED s**t EATING BRAINLESS COKC PILE!

Instead of letting james cameron( wrote and directed aliens) write a script for the final Aliens movie directed by Ridley Scott(original alien director) now do you all see something wrong here?

since when do 2 oscar winning directors who have had many a box office success get set aside for some f**king hack dickoad who doesnt know anything about character development, how to show emotion, or tell a story in a unique way?

you get something like this. Here is a little summary of his A v P movie. His idea is just....blarg. His characters will be nothing you havent seen before, and his setting...well this is the one 'nice' thing I'll say, isn't bad...As an idea. Expect major poop when this comes out, cause it ain't gonna be anything worth watching twice. I'll be watching Leagally blonde before I watch this.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/425/425554p1.html

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 11:30:36 PM »

ummm...no offense dude...but maybe you should take an anger management class or two!

It's only a bloody movie!

Post Edited (06-23-03 23:31)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 11:45:55 PM »

just kidding :P

No I dont need an anger management class, I just get this way when something I really like gets f**ked over, Like resident evil which is why I hate Paul W.S. Anderson so much.

Its not just that, the endless stupidity of hollywood gets to me sometimes. like right now. Theres my rant. As a film student I cant stand to see so much s**t. and not even fun B s**t either.

Wycked Nick
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 03:12:16 AM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAA finally some one who agrees with me.Anderson sucks dick,I hate him with a passion.I know he is just going to make Alien vs predator into some f**king gay excuse for a action/sci-fi movie.His movies are always pop culture crap.Well not all of them ill gtive him credit for Event Horizon.I know the idea is a lot like Solaris,but I still thought it was pretty f**king cool,but all his other stuff sucks.This guy likes to make movie about video games, but I don't think he has ever played any of the games hes made the movies about.
Mortal Kombat was gay, it was a movie that never should have been maid.Mortal Kombat has little plot and was just a lame excuse to make a action movie.
Resident Evil was disapointing as hell.He completly missed the point about the video games.It wasn't about a bunch of zombies being stuck in hallway all going arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggg.It was about trying to scare the s**t out of you,something the movie failed at.I was hopeing that the movie would be as grand in its story as the video game, but it was watered down and stupid.They put one Licker as the big bad guy,a few dogs and lots of zombies.Just dumb.
AvsP is going to be the same way as all the other movies he has made.Lame stupid pocorn flicks
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 04:42:26 AM »

I guess I'm one of the few people who liked Resident Evil. I've never played the games, so I had no knowledge of the story other than that it concerned Zombies.

However, after reading that description of the AvP movie, I'm not too optimistic. Having Aliens on Earth in the present is just wrong. If humans had encountered them in the present, they would know about them in the future. It should be set in the future, on another planet.

Is it too late to start a letter writing campaign to get this changed?
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 08:17:53 AM »

Hey didn't I see this post a few weeks ago?  Or maybe the 3 or 4 threads that have popped up in the last month about how Paul W.S. Anderson is a talentless "cock pile" as Dunners so eloquently put it.

I'm not a huge Paul Anderson fan.  Event Horizion was awesome, Mortal Kombat was pretty good and I even enjoyed Resident Evil.  Yes, I played Resident Evil.  I've spent a great deal of my life playing the games (especially code Veronica).  You have to realize that things are never going to be as good as the original.  What did you expect Resi Evil to be?  A girl running around, able to turn in a complete circle without ever moving her legs?  There is no way that a game will EVER be perfectly transferred to film.  It just won't happen.  

I'm glad Anderson is out there trying to make these films.  It takes balls to try to helm a VG-Film transfer.  I applaud the man!  Keep up the good work Anderson!  Rock on!

Also, as a little note, I would love to see any of you Anderson haters do a better job.

And that's my two cents!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 09:13:16 AM »

I think all the anger here is misdirected.

I can't think of many contemporary directors who DON'T steal from other movies and who DO care about originality.

In fact, the motion picture industry's "comfort zone" is based upon stealing from other movies. If one movie makes a lot of money, why not copy it over and over again until people get sick of it?

It's all about the money.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 09:13:42 AM »

I know he is just going to make Alien vs predator into some f**king gay excuse for a action/sci-fi movie

Umm...what do you expect it to be?  A Romantic Comedy?  

"Two Predators meet and fall in love when one of their pet aliens escapes and devours the other's mate.  Acid blood is thicker than water"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 11:47:30 AM »

I find it hilarious that I KNEW this was going to be a post by Dunners before looking to see who wrote it.  For some reason, I can just imagine Dunners becoming enraged during a Rorscach test because he thinks all the black blobs resemble Anderson in some way.  

Personally, I don't mind Anderson.  Loved Mortal Kombat and Soldier.  Thought Event Horizon was great, and that Resident Evil wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.  Sure, Resident Evil probably would've been better if Romero directed, but we can only dream.  Then again, crappy action flicks are my forte, so take my .02 for what it's worth (not much).

And isn't Anderson with Milla Jovovich?  I have to give him the thumbs up for that..

Nick
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 12:15:23 PM »

Event Horizon wasn't anything I hadn't seen before elsewhere.  I think it's the least of his movies besides Resident Evil.

I loved Soldier and Mortal Kombat was the best fighting video game movie (talk about damning with faint praise).

Anderson definitely shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an Aliens or Predator flick, though.

Post Edited (06-24-03 12:15)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Rob Phillips
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 04:41:55 PM »

. . . tell us how you really feel!

LOL

Rob
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 09:23:02 PM »

I doubt Scott and Cameron wanted to be involved...I don't think it's a case of them being cast aside for Anderson.  

Resident Evil was just mediocre...not really bad.  It's just hard to take most horror movies seriously these days.  I don't know what it is, at least as far as American movies go, they just don't seem to go for the throat anymore.  About the only creepy part was that Red Queen hologram.   Had Romero directed, you would have had 70 minutes of the soldiers arguing and maybe 10 minutes of zombies.  

I keep thinking you guys are talking about Paul THOMAS Anderson....now that would be something worth seeing.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 09:27:51 PM »

I was waiting for you to say that rob, lol.

Well i've cooled off some now.

Ok on the hollyweird directors stealing from other movies, yeah I well aware of it. but you know I at least like it when they try out some original idea while using someone elses.

Blatantly ripping off alice and wonderland. the matrix, space odessy 2001, the long kiss good night, dawn of the dead, and cube is utter crap.

completely re-writing a video game storyline for your own convinience is utter crap. Especially when the videogame storyline is better than what you wrote.

Being a talentless cockpile who got met the right people and schmoozed them into letting him have his way and getting a hold of what could be A-list material is utter crap.

Me on the other hand being a young film student full of great ideas is good, but the fact that I cant seem to channel my creative energy as well as I'd like blows.

To Dolph:

Oh ya knew did ya?a pox on thee! may you be forced to watch battlfeild earth twice in the same day!

and yes he with milla yoyob***h, but it wont last. They'll get married an in 2-3 years she dump him like she did her first 2 husbands.

to JohnL:

Nope sorry. we all wish though

to Skaboi:

Nope, romero's ideas were ok, but still no better than Andersons. Least Romero is creative though. It IS possible to write a script on a video game and do a perfect job on it. I'm working on it right now :) Time consuming a little frustrating, but when it comes down to it, its worth it.  It's a really great feeling working on something you love. I'ma die hard RE fan myself and I know what RE is about and what it can do.

It should be a s**tfest action movie, it should be a dark atmospheric mystery, revealing the truth about an evil corporation and uncovering a conspiracy. the movie gave all that away within the first 2 minutes, nice job Anderson, dickload.

And as for Anderson haters being challenged to be better than him, I already am, It takes time to get a project finished, but its worth it.

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 10:33:07 PM »

lol Paul thomas Anderson is a GOOD director, W.S Anderson is a dumb f**k.

Whoa, yer Anti romero? tsk tsk, he did start the zombie genre, and made the best damn zombie movie ever, dawn of the dead. Got's to start showing respect you do

jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 11:48:35 PM »

Oh I think the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD is one of the scariest movies ever made.  NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD is much better than DAWN.  The acting is better, and the movie is paced much better.  DAWN's acting isn't as good, the effects kind of suffer [why are the zombies all blue?  Why don't most of them have some kind of wound--did they all die of natural causes?]  and there is a long bit in the movie when nothing much happens of importance.  I think his "social commentary" is way overrated and heavyhanded.   That being said, I think DAWN is great fun.

My main problem with Romero comes from DAY OF THE DEAD [I think it should have never been made, basically] and most of his subsequent films.  I don't think RESIDENT EVIL would have been that hot even had he been able to direct it.  In fact, I think DAWN was probably Romero's last really good film.    

I'm not anti-Romero, but he hasn't made a good movie in a long while, and I don't think he has it in him.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Paul W.S Anderson, f**king dickload bastard... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.