Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:44:24 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rock music sucks now days « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Rock music sucks now days  (Read 44187 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2004, 09:21:22 PM »

Theatre of Tragedy were excellent, especially on Aegis.  Too bad they turned into a crappy techno band.
Susperia rules. I don't understand why so many people love the first record and hate the second, they didn't change their sound at all.  This band just goes to show the black metal stereotype is true - there are many different bands, but only about 8 people involved in each one, and they just keep interchanging personnel to form new bands.  Tjodalv, the original Dimmu Borgir drummer, left after Spiritual Black Dimensions to form Susperia, along with guys from Satyricon and a few others as well.
And BLS, well, it's Zakk Wylde.  He uses a logging chain for a guitar strap.  That about sums that up, I think ;)

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
fritz21
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2004, 09:06:18 PM »

Amen.
Music now a day sucks
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2004, 10:24:10 AM »

Rock does suck now a days, I gave up and listen to stricly Led Zepplin, Jimmy Hendrix and Eric Clapton. Rap does suck, Pop does suck and Rock does Suck! Give me some f**kING Guitar solos, a drum solo anything, f**k. If i have to hear that f**king Tipsy song again im gona kill myself. Rap in my eyes is a get rich sceem that works for any one willing to degreat them selves as a musicians. One band i do listen to that I was a live for was Sublime the last good band. even thought ehy are almost 10 years done and Brad is dead they are still the best recent band and any one agrees with send a message.
I ask everyone to join the revolution and to f**k RAP!
Listen to Led Zepplin
Listen to Jimmy Hendrix
Listen to Eric Clapton

john
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2004, 09:22:32 AM »

your are right rap sucks
petrol lunatic
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2004, 02:00:14 AM »

I like Gangsta rap (early 90s) It reminds me of 1st grade, I had no idea what they were talking about, but it was cool. Rap now is annoying for the most part. But the majority of what is played on modern rock stations is annoying too, all of the people at my school who listen to that kind of music (indie or garage rock) have really bad hair.

and soon you will feel it
while the wind is blowing and the blood is boiling
it won't be no dream and no one will hear you scream
crawling out of the dark
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2004, 05:58:48 AM »

Ah yes the great topics never die.
95 and counting.

Smells like popcorn and shame
jga
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2004, 08:03:24 PM »

Cool, we got some metal fans here. I've never been a Theater of Tragedy fan though. Agalloch and Novembre are my top doom/gothic bands. But I'm into goregrind (especially stuff off razorback records) and progressive metal (Kayo Dot) as well.

It's just the mainstream that sucks, not a single genre. I can't stand all the pop rap (especially that new D12 song with annoying Eminem) and pop rock (Good Charlotte and Slipknot, yuck) going on. But I got my underground stuff, so the mainstream can die for all I care.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2004, 08:59:49 PM »

I actually kinda like D12 a little bit. I think Eminem is a genius, as far as mainstream rappers go, and considering the list of bands I regularly listen to, that says something.

Goregrind, eh? Never been a big fan of it. I love some of the uber-heavy brutal death, though. Nile is AMAZING, both in terms of heaviness and the intricacy of their work. Murder Squad isn't too bad, like I said earlier. More into melodic death, though, and thrash metal. Still need to pick up the new Exodus.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
jga
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2004, 03:29:03 AM »

Goregrind is good stuff if you're into Carcass before their Heartowrk album. Carcass is like the basis of all goregrind. Pre- and Post Heartwork era Carcass are both amazing though.

I listen to a lot of melo-death too. Omnium Gatherum is the last good one I heard. Then there's Acid Death(very underrated band), Amon Amarth, Diabolical Masquerade (awesome band that combines horror movie soundtracks with avant garde melodic black metal), Edge of Sanity, and Opeth (who I think everyone has heard by now). Gothenburg bands are starting to sound generic though. Most of them sound like At The Gates.
Steven Millan
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2004, 04:10:46 PM »

Wyckednick,I really know what you mean,for this music has all stayed the same for the last ten years since Nirvana(and Kurt Cobain) died,for it's been all of nothing but the same style of music that's either outdated grunge,offbeat musical mixtures(Ska,rap,reggae,techno,goth,disco,R&B,bluegrass,etc.),or just the same ole crappy rap-rock that we've been plagued with since Korn sprung onto the scene.
       I keep crossing my fingers,praying that something new leaps out from nowhere and overtakes the music scene like Nirvana did(soapy pop muzak,country, and "American Idol" LaHooZaHers definitely aren't it!!!),for it's right about now time for all of these Korn/Limp Bizkit/-esque bands and post-Nirvava/nu metal rock bands to loudly die before the taste for quality music begins to die for everybody,for hopefully one of those non-nu metal acts on "Headbangers Ball" will be the breakthrough artists that we all desperately need to save rock music from going twelve feet under.
jga
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2004, 07:11:36 PM »

Mastodon is starting to get big. Hopefull they'll sweep off all the nu-metal garbage.

Anyone notice Ozzfest's lineup this year? They're getting more metalcore bands now and less nu-metal. So it's a sign that music is going to change.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2004, 07:48:53 PM »

Statements like this are, pretty much, a sure sign of growing up.  It's not that mainstream music doesn't suck (it pretty much does) - it's that Mainstream music has sucked for a long, long time - but we always look back more fondly at the music we heard the most of growing up.

Rock was in hell in the 90's, IMHO.  New Kids on the Block, a classic example.  But, in an unpopular move, I think Nirvana was as much a part of the problem as anything else.  It brought Grunge to the fore, and it wasn't even that good - it just happened to get a video on MTV, and it was different.  

Nirvana's music was repeditive, and (IMHO) all the same - "My life sucks, Love is s**t, I want to die..."  It was crap, but it got gobbled up because it was different, rather than because it was good.

Today's music is an extension of what got started in the ninties - repetitive pop crap, and bands in a constant state of immitation and repetition.  The underground scene is better, but I don't like the sort of music most of the underground scene is producing right now anyway, and as soon as they go mainstream, they go to hell anyway - witness Slipknot.  They were really something else when they were playing clubs and small gigs here in Des Moines,

Now, I like to call them "Slip-bizcuit".

Me?  What do I listen to?  Movie soundtracks, showtunes, Irish folk music...  My CD collection includes titles by The Chieftains, the Wolfetones, the Furies, a variety of original Broadway and London casts (Rent, Les Miserables, Cats, Phantom, and so on).  I've also got some Charlie Parker and some Benny Goodman (can't beat that ancient swing stuff - you really can't).  Dr. John is a varitable god of music to me, and Professor Longhair rules, too.

But my statement stands - 90's music wasn't any better than the newer stuff.  It was just newer, and has gotten a bit nostalgia filled.  

wyckednick wrote:

> I know this is kinda off topic here,but does any one else think
> all these new rock bands suck.They all seem to follow the same
> basic formula.Some rap mixed with loud guitars a whiny
> irratating singer and no originality.The bands im talking about
> particullary are Linkin Park,Hupa Stank(who the f**k names
> there band Hupa Stank), Syliva,That f**king band who plays Head
> Strong(I can't remeber there name),and any other band who tries
> to be way to much like Korn or Limp Bizkit.
> And what ever happened to Metallica,there past few album have
> sucked and there new one is horrible.
> It seems like rock has been going to hell since about 1996.What
> the f**k happened to music that actually moved you, instead of
> irratate you endlessly.
>

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2004, 09:40:31 PM »

Grumpy Guy wrote:

"Slipknot. They were really something else when they were playing clubs and small gigs here in Des Moines"

Do you live in Iowa?

Brother Ragnarok and I both do....I live in Cedar Rapids and he lives in um....the boondocks...up north past Waterloo.

Post Edited (05-04-04 00:04)
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2004, 10:35:43 PM »

Is this the longest thread on the site?

As for Rock music here's the truth alot of these famous pop-bands like Linkin Park and so on, most are just posers that can't play but apparently girls love them. There are some decent ones out there. I like Dave Matthews, Nickle Back is decent, and Three Doors Down is okay actually, but your best bet is to stick with older music like Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, or Burdon (none of his new stuff though shows what happens of being years as a space cadet and not in the NASA form of the word) or you can kisten to jazz and blues or better yet classical. I am not a rap or hip-hop type of guy anyways.
john
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2004, 10:40:32 PM »

if it wasnt for music piracy this era of crappy music would be over already
not that im blaming napster i loved it, but theres certain bands i wouldnt of never even gave a chance if i had to buy there album

Get the Led out
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rock music sucks now days « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.