Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:41:35 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rock music sucks now days « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Rock music sucks now days  (Read 44189 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 26, 2003, 04:38:06 AM »

I know this is kinda off topic here,but does any one else think all these new rock bands suck.They all seem to follow the same basic formula.Some rap mixed with loud guitars a whiny irratating singer and no originality.The bands im talking about particullary are Linkin Park,Hupa Stank(who the f**k names there band Hupa Stank), Syliva,That f**king band who plays Head Strong(I can't remeber there name),and any other band who tries to be way to much like Korn or Limp Bizkit.
And what ever happened to Metallica,there past few album have sucked and there new one is horrible.
It seems like rock has been going to hell since about 1996.What the f**k happened to music that actually moved you, instead of irratate you endlessly.

Smells like popcorn and shame
the tuck
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 05:44:22 AM »

You gotta look beyond the music vids they play on tv. There are plenty of good rock bands out there its just nobody knows about them.

if you're fed with all the new s**t they on tv you should try stuff like cathedral, orange goblin, black label society and i think slayer are still going.

the best kind of rock to listen to these days is stoner its just real rock and metal.

if that doesnt work just listen to s**t from 1996. i still listen to alice in chains, black sabbath and s**t from well over ten years ago.

rock music was ok until it became commercial now the reord labels start the bands and write and produce the tracks like pop tunes.

'Nothing is sacred to them' as batman once said to robin.wyckednick wrote:
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 08:12:26 AM »

I actually don't mind rap-rock.

Who really cares?  If it's on the radio, then switch stations.

Wyckednick-You mentioned that it makes you mad that bands are trying too hard to be like Korn or Bizkit.  Dude, compare new album from Korn (Follow The Leader-Newest Album) to their old stuff (self titled-Life Is Peachy).  You will be able to tell just how sold out Korn is now.  It's really sad.  What was once an awesome edgy hardcore band is now.....teen pop rock.

The same goes for Bizkit.  Dude, Durst is huge!  I know not one teen who wouldn't know who he is.  I really think that Bizkit has sucked since 3 Dolla Bill Ya'll.  Everything since has been pointless teen pop drivel.  f**k Fred!  Wes was the only thing that band had going for them.  

And when that new cd comes out this summer, I'm going to walk right past it and see what The Bosstones have put out recently.

AND THAT'S MY TWO CENTS!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
George
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 08:39:48 AM »

Rock music doesn't suck any more today than it did when you were younger.  Everyone thinks this way, otherwise how do you account for the popularity of VH1 and VH1Classic.  I'm 35 and think that the 80's music was great stuff, second British invasion and all.

I will concede that some of today's stuff is pretty good though.  In particular, I think that John Mayer, Michelle Branch and Counting Crows are extremely talented.  I can even give "props" to acts like Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne and the pop princesses because they are what they are and don't pretend to be anything else.  They all know they aren't writing Abbey Road, they are just making money.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 11:38:26 AM »

man you need to check into what's up in the underground. there a bunch of great bands that stem from punk/emo/ and hardcore that are really pushing the limits of rock, way more than any s**t ass band on mtv ever will.

here's some i'd recommend: Thursday, the Beautiful Mistake, Coheed and Cambria, the Get-Up Kids, Cursive, Modest Mouse.

Good luck!

Damien01
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 12:35:44 PM »

Most  of Rock Music has now became Alternative Rock Music... And today, Alternative Music is Pop Music... And Pop Music is now Rap (or with hip hop) music...

Its not bad... but that is how it is...

Just remember back in the 70's everthing was Disco... even the Rolling Stones did Disco!

And if anybody has ever listen to Pink Floyd's Final Cut (from early 80's) the song Not Now John has some rap in it (Also, this song is almost never played on the radio because it has the word "f**k" is in it, too)
wuggles451
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 12:38:45 PM »

i have to agree with the tuck stoner rock is the only way to fly great heavy melodic rock definatly influenced by sabbath and a  lot of 70's hard rock but its great i especially love Queens of the Stone Age but also Orange Goblin and Fu Manchu

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 01:33:08 PM »

Wyckednick.....if you don't like it then don't listen to it.

Plain & simple.

Post Edited (06-26-03 13:58)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 02:54:32 PM »

Just about ALL music sucks nowadays.

Whenever I want to completely drown myself in music, I break out my WOODSTOCK DVD. The director's cut is fabulous.

Otherwise, I just play a few cds from .38 SPECIAL, LYNYRD SKYNYRD, MOLLY HATCHET, ZZ TOP, BLACK SABBATH, BLUE OYSTER CULT, THE DOOBIE BROTHERS, AEROSMITH (from at least 20 years ago), LED ZEPPLIN, THE WHO, STEELY DAN, JETHRO TULL, ALICE COOPER, and some other bands from that era, and I'm happy.

You can heap all of the current glitzy, techno, funko, studio, MTV crappola into one big pile and burn it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 03:06:41 PM »

I agree that there is a lot of great underground bands.I listen to them a lot,but it sucks that I can't turn on the radio and hear some good music.Sure they play Alice in Chains,Nirvana,Stabbing Westward,Tool,and Sound garden,but they always play the exact same songs over and over again.
The bands I have goten into lately have been Static-x,Godsmack, American Head charge,Godhead,V-mob,NSA,and System of a down.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 03:18:11 PM »

It doesn't matter what year it is, you're always gonna have your fair share of Creeds and Salivas on mainstream radio.  But like everyone else has said, try staying away from the mainstream if you want to find music to like.  A lot of mainstream music is generic and boring.  On the flip side, just because it's popular doesn't mean it automatically sucks, either.  Personally I'm a big fan of bands like Pearl Jam, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, and Radiohead, to name a few.  I wouldn't say that they suck, but some people would.  And they are pretty mainstream, for the most part.

On the other hand, the sudden success of bands like Queens of the Stone age is a welcome surprise.  Either way, mainstream music is always gonna have its fair share of crap.  

Nick
TC
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 03:18:46 PM »

When I need the sweet tunes of music to soothe my soul, I turn to my "Very Best of Hall and Oates" CD to keep me going strong.wyckednick wrote:
Fearless Freep

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 03:21:20 PM »

I sorta gave up on popular rock music in the early 90s when someone decided that plugging a Tele or Strat into a Marshall stack turned to eleven and then strumming it like an accoustic guitar was a good idea.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 08:16:26 PM »

You need to check out Dream Theater - 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulance or Scenes from a Memory
Racer X - Getting Heavier(Paul Gilbert is a shreading God. Forget what he did with Mr. Big. Check this out and see why he's a legend.)
And Porcuepine Tree - In Absentia is a great album

The good stuff is out there. You just have to be willing to look.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 08:30:55 PM »

You need to check out Dream Theater - 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulance or Scenes from a Memory

I have "Scenes..." as well as "Images and Words" and "Falling Into Infinity".  I've heard "Awake" as well as a live CD from quite awhile ago.  I've been meaining to get "6 Degrees..."

Like you say, the good stuff is out there, just not on the radio

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rock music sucks now days « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.