Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:18:47 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rock music sucks now days « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Rock music sucks now days  (Read 44194 times)
john
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2004, 10:43:14 PM »

why would any one watn to be like korn or limp bizkit
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2004, 12:51:57 PM »

yeah, if you listen to the radio it sucks but there are hundreds of great bands on small labels. for rock try HOUSE OF LARGE SIZES or the larger known LOCAL H...etc...etc. CAVIAR out of chicago (as is local H...they do drugs together) and BOX-O-CAR (chicago too). every city has small labels that are putting out good shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite. the only good thing on the radio are the white stripes, the hives, etc.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

R.Kupo
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2004, 04:15:25 AM »

I agree with whoever wrote that we need guitar solos and drum solos. Hard, alternative, garage rock is all we see in the music scene nowadays, as far as rock goes. I totally agree that rap does not belong with rock. When I listen to alternative bands now, all i hear are chords covered up by distortion. Classic rock really is the best. Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour... they all contributed to music more than guitarists do now. When I listen to mainstream alternative music, I hear absolutely NO guitar solos, drum solos, or the such. Rock n roll in the past had great feeling in it. When you listen to the music, you can FEEL those long high pitch notes on the guitar, something we clearly don't hear nowadays. I do read about some people trying to bring back rock n roll, but so far I haven't seen any success at it. I dont know of ANY underground bands that play old style rock n roll either. Anyone know??
I'm barely a beginner at guitar, but what I'd really like to do is bring back PURE rock n roll, bluesy kinda rock, and old progressive rock, kind of like Led Zeppelin/Pink Floyd/Rolling Stones style rock. If only there were more young people out there who play the style of music played back then, then it really would make a big impact. Then we can say goodbye to bad rock, rap rock, hip hop, WHATEVER! But yeah...I really hate to see where music will go in the next 5 or 10 years. We just really need to bring back REAL rock n roll. Long, high pitch guitar solos for everyone!!

- R.Kupo

jay
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2004, 01:49:14 AM »

like f**king hel i'm not bowing to anyone
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2004, 07:59:07 AM »

The thread that will not die.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
MATT
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2004, 01:39:14 AM »

Basically, with the music playing today, its a middle school girl's heydey.  There are good bands out there, but few and far between.  1995 is probably when things started going down s**tter.  Now, its all fad bands.  Limp Bizkit isn't cool anymore.  Trapt, good charlotte, marilyn manson, and all those other fag bands are a joke.  Guitarists like Hendrix and Dimebag are pretty much gone.  So, the only solution i can think of is to assassinate these bands.  We need to start a cult so we can go to these concerts and mob them off the stage.  Then, dismember them and eat the pieces.  Its the only reasonable solution out there.
Black Metal Head
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2004, 12:00:42 PM »

yes.. MM has sold out and its kinda f**ked up. Bands like Korn and MM where great back in the day now they have been sucked up of their original energy and have been replaced with a easy to label pop chip that can be factory produced. It isn't unique anymore. Just boring. This is why i stick to the underground...
noadsallowed
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2004, 06:42:01 PM »

The problem with the music industry today is that it is now a part of American corporate life.  Any segment of american society that has profit potential is run by corporate CEO's, accountants, psychologists, lawyers.  That is what America is about now.  These people know that most people will listen to anything that is popular because most people don't like what they like from their own experience, they like what the crowd likes, so they try to either create cool music, or profit off music that is already popular.  However, this kind of business stifles creativity because unproven qualities are discouraged.  Anytime a band starts to be creative, build it's own fan base, and finally create great music, some record company comes along and offers them millions of dollars to start doing things the record company's way.  How many people do you know (Including yourself) would say no to fame, fortune and accolation?  When I was young in the 1970's, everybody I knew listened to the radio. My parents, friends, family all listened to the newest hits that came out on AM.  This continued on until about the eighties, when all music started to sound the same.  All love ballads started to have that same piano sound, all new radio songs started to sound like they were being made for certain segments of society.  There was still good music coming out, but the creatively diffferent songs seemed to be fewer and farther between, radio stations seemed to become more specialized, and I noticed that most people over 40 quit listening to the radio.  In the 90's, this trend continued on until just about everybody over 25 quit listening to new music.  Now, music seems to be tailor made for youngsters.
         When I was 10-12 years old, I had two neighbor friends named Jim and Mike.  They loved disco, Saturday Night Fever, KC and the Sunshine band.  I always listened to Black Sabbath, Foghat, BTO, Peter Frampton.  Sure enough, after a couple of years, They couldn't stand disco anymore. They became fans of new rock, which had just become popular.  These are the kind of music fans that the music industry courts now.  Most people are psyhologically proven to act this way.  If you are one of the few fringe listeners who have unique taste, you are screwed.  There may be bands out there writing exciting new music which you might appreciate, but there is absolutely no way to find their music.  They are unknown bands who will never be popular.  
         The music industry is in the Dark Ages.  I have been saying this for at least 15 years now, and confirmation of my opinion will be on PBS Thursday May 27 at 9PM.  The Frontline program "The Way the Music Died" will confirm most of what I have believed for years.  I can't wait to see this!  This show talks about the decline of the music industry.  These pricks care about one thing-MONEY.  What you want to hear is meaningless.  
          Radio stations are the same way, owned by huge corporations who only care about maximizing profits.  They don't give a s**t about what you want to hear!  They play songs that the indies (the Payola launderers, inserted to make payola legal) pay them to play so you will hopefully catch on to the songs and buy the overpriced CD.  Radio stations basically serve as advertisement services for record companies and their lousy "artist de-jour".  Even their formats suck!  They have those moronic morning shows just because some psycological pricks decided that people like to hear some a***oles talk mindlessly about nothing in the morning on their way to work, and then after 10 a.m. they start their CD advertising machine.   You can hear the same song 10 times on one station in one day!  The radio is not for your entertainment  anymore.  It is only a tool for the corporate moneyline.  Radio Stations have "target" audiences-American Sheep.  That is the focus of all American economics.  Selling things to American Sheep.  And by the way, the music industry will never have much originality again. At least not in America.  America will always be about money, and that will never change.  Why not?  Because most  Americans are just plain stupid!  We could demand change, but we aren't smart enough.  We are happy to go on as slaves to unchecked Capitalism.  Don't get me wrong, I apprieciate a strong economy as good as the next guy.  I am not an ultra liberal, I just believe that we can't let corporations run over our lives in every respect!

Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2004, 07:58:37 PM »

*picks up wooden stake coated in garlic juice and silver dust, begins frantically stabbing "Rock Music Sucks" thread in the heart*

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rock music sucks now days « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.