Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:28:12 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 DAYS LATER--[spoilers] « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 28 DAYS LATER--[spoilers]  (Read 6555 times)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2003, 12:44:24 PM »

If they had just rolled the credits after Hannah rammed the gate, perhaps?

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2003, 04:17:57 PM »

I was expecting that, actually. Thought it would've been really cool had all of them died while trying to escape. And then maybe show the Infected feasting on the remains of Jim, Hannah, and Selena.

However, I know some people think that the plane at the end should have bombed Jim, Hannah, and Selena. I think that would've been too RETURN, though.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2003, 05:17:51 PM »

The Infected didn't eat people, just tore them to shreads.  But I remember the original scripted ending being something along the lines of a mass attack on the house by the Infected.  Boyle did film it, but it didn't work very well.  Or so everybody thought at the time.

The ending didn't bother me too badly, nice to see something happy for a change.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2003, 06:03:21 PM »

Just imagine MY surprise when I went to see this movie.

I thought it was going to be about a woman who missed her period . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Matthew Wilson
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2003, 11:31:22 PM »

I saw this movie on DVD in England a few weeks ago and for all those curious about the deleted/alernate ending, here it is:

* The main character gets shot and the end by the Army captain, but instead of a 5 second montage of them somehow saving him in a hospital, it's a whole new scene. The wheel him in on a gurney, patch his wounds, give him an electric shock to the heart, but he dies. The last image is of the black woman and the girl, guns in hand, walking away from frame down a long hospital hallway. The doors of the operating room slowly close from the the left and right of the frame until the screen is black. The End.

Not the best ending either, IMHO, but then again, much better to be ambiguous in this type of film, then the happy-happy "we survived the apocalypse" ending they have now.
Matthew Wilson
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2003, 11:41:19 PM »

I just remembered a couple of deleted scenes from the DVD.

1. A really bad (and thankfully deleted) "comical" interlude during the taxi ride to Manchester, where everyone takes turns being the driver and pretending to be a "cabbie". Utter crap.

2. A cool "untreated" scene of motorway carnage. (You can still see real cars driving in the distance that haven't been digitally removed.) The idea being, that all the bridges and roads out of London are bumper-to-bumper wrecks, and the tunnel that they take in the movie to leave London is the only way out. Makes more sense. Wish they'd kept it.

3. Some really REALLY cool scenes in the house at the end, of literal armies of dead. One shot looks over a balcony down into a hallway on the first floor... wall to wall zombies heading to the camera. Creepy as hell. Wish they'd kept it.

4. Plus, the hospital scene I mentioned before.

JohnL

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2003, 06:30:58 AM »

>The idea being, that all the bridges and roads out of London are bumper-to
>-bumper wrecks, and the tunnel that they take in the movie to leave London is the
>only way out.

Sounds like a ripoff of a similar scene in The Stand.

Post Edited (07-01-03 06:32)
Marc
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2003, 10:28:19 AM »

Well, the movie was not about a woman's period ;)... In average a really good movie, but...

Why the father does not bring his riot gear ?
Why the soldiers wait that long to show themself?
Why are they not wearing masks and googles when fighting?

Why the happy happy joy joy ending?

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2003, 11:30:28 AM »

JohnL wrote:

>  
> Sounds like a ripoff of a similar scene in The Stand.
>

"It's not a rip-off, it's a homage!"
 - Lyle Swan, director of  Hotel Satan and Hell Without the Devil.

Chadzilla
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2003, 03:16:18 PM »

I loved 28 days but there was still a few things I whished they had done to make it better.First I would have liked to see some more action, mostly in the middle of the movie were its kind of slow.I would have liked to see Selena naked instead of Jim.And I would have liked a more twisted ending.I kinda like the idea of Jim dying from the gun shot at the end of even better would have been if Jim was turned into a Infected and Selena had to kill him.Other than that the movie kicked ass.I hope that future horror movie directors take some cues from this movie and actually start putting out some quality work.

Smells like popcorn and shame
28dayslaterfan
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2003, 04:51:50 PM »

the reason he was safe was that the door was locked. luckly for him the key was on the floor.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2003, 11:36:25 PM »

But locked doors didn't seem to keep the infected out at his parents' house.  

But now that I think about it, I can see how he might have been able to survive without being attacked--he wasn't on a ground floor and it might not have occurred to the infected to ransack hospitals since they don't seem to be that organized.  

I think the weakness lies in that probably one of the last places to have activity would most likely be hospitals, so I would think that the infected would probably end up there.  Except that there were evacuations, I guess.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2003, 07:55:44 AM »

I would guess that the infected left him alone because he was in a coma, and therefore was not moving. Maybe they thought he was already dead . . . or maybe they just didn't notice him because he wasn't moving. Remember, they probably had their hands full chasing the hospital staff.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2003, 01:26:19 PM »

Well, I seen 28 DAYS LATER on opening day and was dissappointed. the atmosphere (or film work) reminded me of DOG SOLDIERS  and BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF, and again these are not terrible films, but the atmosphere is too razor sharp.  I just didn't enjoy these modern Euro-films. I do hope they keep trying though.

28 DAYS LATER also reminded me of OMEGA MAN and LAST MAN ON EARTH.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2003, 01:56:48 PM »

Having been dying to see this since it's inital release over in Europe, I was even more estatic about it being released in America.  I now have mixed feelings after having watched it.  I feel that it takes too much from NOTLD, DawnOTD, DayOTD, and the other Romero classic The Crazies.

Trapped In The Mansion-NOTLD

Ravishing A Supermarket-Dawn

Tied Up Zombie For Experiments-Day

Army Controlling The Situation-Crazies

I must applaud Boyle for yet again another fantasticly directed film.  I love the fact that it is fairly artsy, and I love what directors are doing with digital film (I.E. Session 9-check it out!).   I thought the acting was spot on, and I loved the fact that there weren't many flashbacks.  The stories, imho, were much more powerful than seeing the actual carnage.  

I did love the touches of originality that Boyle was able to bring into the mix.  The crow with the drop of blood, creepy.  Another key scene that I thought added quite a bit of sorrow and originality to the film was the note that his parents leave him.  Nearly brought me to tears the first time I viewed the film.

The ending could have been better as well.  I think that having the credits roll when Hannah hits the gate would have been superb.  The film has such a thick sense of despair, that when the ending finally did come around, I felt cheated.  I didn't want a happy ending.  It just didn't fit.  Oh well.

Overall, a pretty good little horror flick.  Will definently pick it up on DVD.

Post Edited (07-04-03 14:00)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 DAYS LATER--[spoilers] « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.