Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:13:41 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 Days Later review « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 28 Days Later review  (Read 1507 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 28, 2003, 08:09:17 PM »

Oh my f**king god was this movie awsome.This movie is diffenatly becoming a part of my dvd collection.Now I won't say to much about the story, its so much scaryer when your not expecting whats going to happen.
Whats so great about this movie is that it dosn't try to woo you with special effects or mindless action sequnces.Instead it brings you into a terrifying world were the only rule is survival.Some of the scenes in this movie are truly raw and brutal,exspecially when one of the cast members becomes infected and the non infected are forced to deal with them.
The acting is top notch,and you can truly feel the terror coming off of the people.During one scene were the non infected are forced to kill one of there former friends a women actually started crying in the seat in front of me.Now thats moving.
The action is great and faced paced.Although most of the action scenes are short in duration,they are non the less exciting to watch.
The zombies or Infected as they call them in the movie.Are frightning.They are now more like animals than people,they snarl and growl.There movements are quick and malicous and give a sence that these infected are no longer human but something else entirely.There grimy and blood covered, and most of all there eyes glow a blood red.
Now I don't get scared easy(22 years of dealing with ghosts hardens you against most horror movies or most other things for that mater,but thats another post entirely)but I found my self griping my seat buring much of the movie.I have to say I jumped at many spots of the movie and there was many screams fromt he audeince.
This movie is a lesson in old school horror,when the movies were not about making money or having fancy special effects but trying to scare this s**t out of the audience.This movie has all the aspects that made night of the living dead and dawn of the dead great and a few things that those movies didn't.
I give it 3 stars

Smells like popcorn and shame
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 12:59:37 PM »

As I stated in another thread, this is the 2nd best movie of its kind, behind NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

I loved it!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
jon
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

Errmm, when you mean that you deal with ghost  is this a lie? because i have an adult friend 'name wont be mentioned'  and she asked one of my moms friends to go into the cymatery and when they got there and got out Someone of her friend came over there and he walked up to her and said 'name' She got so scared she ran to the car and was about to turn it on and was gonna leave "not mentioned either"  Her there. when i heard the message  i was like OMG she called her @ 12:00 @ night ............................and she calls herself a ghost hunter when she gets scared by the living..............
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 03:41:15 PM »

Yes Jon I do believe in ghosts,If you want to know more about it check my post:Do you believe in ghosts.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 05:52:15 PM »

Nick!  wyckednick!
Delighted that you enjoyed the film as much as I did.  In fact I liked it so much I went to see it twice at the cinema, an honour only previously reserved for "The Thing", "Aliens", "The Terminator" and "Total Recall".  I recall reading on another group that the viewer suffered PTSD on watching it.  I myself have suffered two very detailed and interesting nightmares about the film, which is quite the recommendation, actually.  
I'm also impressed that Americans like it, since it is so quintessentially "British" in nature, drawing on influences like "Survivors" and "The Day Of The Triffids" (film and TV).  The ending, which draws near to Manchester, also appeals to me, since I also live near to Manchester.  Which is the only place in England that Americans are likely to know about.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 Days Later review « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.