Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:24:56 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bootleging god or bad? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bootleging god or bad?  (Read 8784 times)
Bgrade
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2004, 11:30:01 PM »

So Ash where do you park your car?  I'm looking for a car for my friend and I could use a few more CD's
Bgrade
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 11:43:45 PM »

Poor, poor Ash,  Nothing personal but you are wrong again.  

It is a law that should be taken seriously,  However it is broken lots of time unknowingly. Take this as and example.  Legally I can copy an article out of a journal from the library.  I can even scan it into my computer. However I can not legally e.mail you a pdf of that article.  I can on the other had send you the citation information and then you can get a copy for your local library. (librarys pay copy right fees in addition to buying the journal).  

Individuals break this law all the time and no one really cares.  But if you are a company that does this you can get in significant trouble.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2004, 12:26:45 AM »

I always hate when someone goes and digs up an ancient long dead thread like this.

As soon as I saw this thread re-appear I thought, "Oh s**t, here we go."

I wrote those comments almost a YEAR ago.

I still download but not nearly as much as I used to...I used to be like a vacuum cleaner sucking up all the free music I could.

Now I download maybe 1 or 2 songs a month.

Post Edited (05-14-04 00:27)
Bgrade
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2004, 08:18:37 AM »

Sorry Ash,  I t didn't notice the start date on this or I never would have commented.  Some else restarted the thread and I never looked.  Guess I skipped it the frist time around.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2004, 04:57:08 PM »

This really kills me,  the RIAA and the MPAA act like some college kid downloading music or movies is taking food out of someone's mouth.  This is a load of  bulls**t!  It just keeps them from having free food at the next board meeting.  These guys already get money from a surcharge on every  blank video and audio tape sold in the U.S.  and they are the reason we back up computers on digital audiol tape but can't listen to our music on them !

Some people in congress are already looking at  going back and amending the DMCA to allow purchasers to make copies of DVDs they have purchased.  They want to restore the idea  of  "fair use".

I think that  mass bootlegging of  movies and music  for profit is a bad thing,  but I don't believe copying something off the air or downloading a few songs from the internet is going to backrupt some big coporation .  The next thing you know they will be suing people for loaning books to one another.  

Sorry if  I am incoherent here, but this crap really p**ses me off.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2004/may/may4a_04.html

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15875

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
JohnL

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2004, 11:04:10 PM »

>The next thing you know they will be suing people for loaning books to one
>another.

Here's a short story and article that you might like to read;

The Right to Read
jga
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2004, 11:13:52 PM »

If it weren't for music downloading, I'd be listening to nu-metal or bling-bling rap. downloading, for me, has broken the music monopoly. But I do buy an album to support my favorite bands, a crappy blank disc can never replace a real album.

Downloading becomes the only option though when I can't find the CD anywhere. For instance, I cannot find an Acid Death Cd or Absurd Existence CD. I doubt anyone has even heard of those bands. I wouldn't have either if I didn't download their stuff.

Bands that are confident about how good their music are support people downlaoding their music cause they know someone is goign to buy it. Unfortunatley, some people just settle with the burnt copy. So my feelings are really mixed about this.

For movies I have the same opinion. Except I don't download movies at all. I find joy in popping in the DVD, not knwoign what to expect.
Kory
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2004, 12:47:24 AM »

Copying: I don't see a problem with it... as long as the record company or artist puts them out or gets the profits (i.e. the IMAC thing).  

Bootlegging/Copying and selling for your profit: WAY wrong. NO excuse, NO justification.

Taping Live Shows and trading them: AWESOME    This is music that may never be heard again.  With cookie-cutter shows like Brittany Spears, there's no need to tape- 1- it sucks   2- every show sounds the same.  With shows like Neil Young, REM, Tool, and other good bands, they don't play the same song the same way twice.  I can listen to a show from 1 night and have it sound awesome.  The next night is a totally different mix and play on it.  I think this forum - taping and trading LIVE shows - actually helps the bands.  My husband and I have been itroduced to, and have introduced several people to, all kinds of bands using this forum.  Once we/ they hear the show, we/they almost always end up buying studio releases and going to a LOT of concerts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bootleging god or bad? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.