Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:57:40 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  True Horror stories « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: True Horror stories  (Read 5452 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 29, 2003, 04:20:26 AM »

Im sure that there are many others on this forum that have had some scary s**t happen to them.  I my self have delt with ghosts for 16 yrs now, im 22 now.
My earlyst experince with a ghost was around when I was 5 or 6.   The house we lived in was a very old house dating back to the early 1900s.  The upstairs attic my parents had converted into a living room and a bedroom in the back for me and my brother.  It wasn't long after I started sleeping up there that strange stuff started happening.  The first thing that I remeber was one night I woke up and there was a shadow of a man on my wall right over my nightlight(I have no idea how a shadow could be over a nightlight but it was.)  My first reaction was to look around the room to see if anything could be making it.  There was nothing the curtins were pulled over the window and nothing was on the table in front of the window.  I then ducked under the covers and when I looked out it was gone.
After that strange things started happening all the time.  I would hear foot steps on the stairs faint talking in the night stuff would appear and disapear.  Sometimes I would find little plastic cowboy and indian figures lying around in my room.  Sometimes they were on top of shelves under my bed or under my covers.
One of the strangest things happened after we were on vacation for a couple of days.  When we came home the gold fish I had in my room were gone.  The cover was on,there was no way for them to jump out.  What happened to the I never new.  A simular occurance happened with a ant farm,were all the ants disapeared in one night.  The cover on that was also on.
Anouther weird thing happened often when we went away for a day.   We have a dog and when we lived in that house we would leave her in a hallway leading down to the basement and out to the front of the house.  We had put a gate up in the entrance to the basement to keep the dog from going down there when we had left for the day.  Often when we would come home we would find the gate open and the dog would be down in the basement.  Sometimes the dog would be in the basement but the gate was closed.  Now this gate had a bolt latch on it, not something that would be easy to open with out fingers, and my dog I hate to say is not very smart.  I can't think of a way she could have opened the gate.
Eventualy we moved to a new house, but even then stuff hapened for a while.  Now I never have really felt any presence in this house,  but thing still happen.  Lights would turn on and off by themselves, some times I would hear strange noises and things would even move.  I even saw an apperition.  It was when I was getting ready to go to bed.  My parents were in the bathroom I was in the den.   Suddenly I heard foot steps runing up the steps, when I turned I saw a ghostly pair of white leggs come running up the steps and across the room.  That scared the s**t out of me.
I don't know why weird things happen to me but it can get very distressing a times.  Im always expecting something to happen, but things always happen of course when you least expect them to.
Sorry this post is so long I have a lot to say.Please share your storys with the rest of us.

Post Edited (12-29-03 14:39)

Smells like popcorn and shame
George
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

Nick,great story.perhaps you should consider buying a computer with a grammar checkk.:)

just kidding.....I've heard stories like this from other people but not of the magnitude you mention.
Great Sage
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 12:10:22 PM »

A friend shared this story with me.  When she was 7, her family went to see a house they were interested in buying.  My friend, being a kid, decided to explore the various rooms.  She eventually came upon a pull-down attic door and proceeded up the stairs.

In the attic, she noticed a woman in an old gown who seemed to float towards here and asked, "what are you doing here?"  My friend responded, "we're thinking about buying this house..."  Whereby, the apparition said, "This  house is not for sale."  My friend got a cold chill and ran back to her parents...

She later told them in the car and although they didn't believe her, they didn't buy the house.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 02:25:13 PM »

About 10 years ago, I went on a vacation to Las Vegas with my girlfriend. We ended up getting married.

(Shudder . . . )

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 02:31:58 PM »

I haven't seen ghost but I swear once that while I was lying bed I heard a goblin force saying "Let's kill the kid now" and another voice said "Nu hu later." And it sounded like it came from the floor so I looked at floor and could make out two action figures I was pretty out but that was the only time really.

-the first rule of fat club-
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 04:59:20 PM »

When I moved out of my parents' house to go to college, some scary things happened.

First, when I was upstairs in the tub, I heard the kitchen door open and close and footsteps ascending the stairs.  They stopped in front of the bathroom door.  I sat in the tub, alone, naked, with nothing to use for a weapon unless I wanted to throw my cat in the face of whomever was behind the door.  Speaking of my cat, he was freaking out, crouching in an attack posture and hissing at the door.  I said, boldy as I could, trying not to sound like a short, fat, asthmatic, nearly-blind geek, "Who's there?"  No answer.  Gulping, I got out of the tub and threw open the door, ready to slash the intruder with my Gilette Sensor XL razor.  Nothing.  Still, my cat wouldn't calm down so I shut and relocked the door.  Only when he calmed down, quite hissing and growling, and wanted to be let out did I dare leave the bathroom.  I rushed to my bedroom, adjascent to the bathroom, locked myself and my cat inside, and called the police.  The enormous cop that showed up looked around the yard, checked the house, but found nothing.  He told me to call back if I heard anything else unusual.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Rob Phillips
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 05:46:03 PM »

I was watching Nicholson's movie "About Schmidt", by the way . . . don't bother, we what did my wondering eyes see, but Kathy Bates naked . . . that I did not need to see. One word "SHAMU)! UGGHHH!

Nothing wrong with Kathy Bates, but no more nekkidness, Please! I'll have Stephen King bring back Misery, anything . . .just make it stop!

After several weeks of therapy , including electroshock by an unlicensed practitioner, I can finally talk about it. THE PAIN, I wanted to rip my eyes out of their sockets and stomp them into mush to rid myself of the vileness.

Ahh, I feel better now!

I yield the soapbox

Rob
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 06:00:55 PM »

Rob Phillips wrote:

> I was watching Nicholson's movie "About Schmidt", by the way .
> . . don't bother, we what did my wondering eyes see, but Kathy
> Bates naked . . . that I did not need to see. One word "SHAMU)!
> UGGHHH!

I saw this too. WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY PUT THAT IN THE MOVIE?

WHY, I ask? WHY?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 12:49:38 AM »

I saw it as well, and it was truly frightning.My girlfriend wanted to have sex after that movie and all I could think of was Kathy Bates naked, I just couldn't get it up with that picture in my head.

Smells like popcorn and shame
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 07:39:10 AM »

The most horror-like thing that ever happened to me is more slasher film than supernatural.

Back in high school a couple friends (also outcasts) used to hang around after school and screw around. One day we bumped into this guy who was a combination druggy/tough kid. The kind who would all form a sort of gang to smoke pot, talk about cars and threaten anyone they didn't like. Anyway, we were goofing off when he came along, looking a little stoned. After a cheerful conversation of "What the f*** are you losers doing here? Maybe I should beat the s*** out of you", he told us to get lost and as we were walking away and (I thought), out of earshot, I whispered to one of my friends "Scared?". I guess he heard me, because he stopped us and wanted to know what I said. I told him that I asked my friend if he was scared. He thought this was funny and pulled out a rather large knife. After showing it to us, he lunged and shoved it right in my stomach. It took me a moment to realize that he'd turned it around and only pretended to stab me with the handle. He thought this was hilarious and kind of wandered off, after which we got out of there as fast as possible.

I have heard supernatural stories from other people though.

My mother's friend, her husband and son used to live in a house where the previous owner died. When the son was little, he used to talk about there being a man upstairs. A couple times, she heard footsteps when there was nobody else in the house. When she and her husband split up, a guy friend of hers was helping her move and while he was in the house alone (she was outside), he says that something pushed him really hard. After that, he wouldn't go in the house at all. The son is like 22-23 now and doesn't remember any of this. The house was torn down not long after.

A friend of mine told me some wild stories. He didn't seem like the kind to make stuff up, but I found some of his stories hard to believe.He claimed that he and a friend used to play with an Ouji board in the friend's basement and that they saw all sorts of things, like a little girl with no head. He also told me that he and some friends made a trip to the remains of a colonial village here in CT, called Dudley Town. There have been a lot of strange stories about it, like a camera crew going up there one Hallowween and finding that none of their equipment worked, but when they got to the studio, it all worked perfectly. Anyway, he claimed that they took some Polaroids of the cellar holes and when the pictures developed, they showed things like bones and human skulls that weren't there. When it started getting dark, he says that things started to move on their own and when he tried to get up from where he was sitting, something pushed him back down.

Another guy I know took a trip there after I told him about it (I wanted to go with him, but he ended up going alone) and he said that while it was kind of creepy, he didn't see anything supernatural. Most reports say that most stuff happens toward evening though.

Finally, he also claimed that a friend of his was driving by a cemetary one night and he hit one of CT's most famous ghosts, The White Lady. He said  they saw her in the road and it felt like he hit something, but there was nothing in the road or on either side of it.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 08:55:03 AM »

I too have a few ghost stories myself.

My wife and I got married last October, but we had been living together since about last June.  

She moved in with my, in my house which has been there since the early/mid 30s.  I had heard noises in the house before, but nothing too frightening.  A few creaks, the occasional sound of footsteps which I just chalked up to the house settling and things like that.

That was until my wife moved in.  

After Tanya moved in, weird things started to happen.  At first she claimed that she could hear a woman singing and talking at night.  She prefers the side of the bed closest to the door, and I prefer the side fartherest away, therefore she could hear the sounds in the house better than myself.  I could hear some type of noise that could have been singing, but once again I chalked it up to it being an old house.

Then one night, Tanya woke me up screaming.  She claimed that when she woke up there was a woman with her head on the side of the bed looking at her.  I calmed her down and went back to bed.

That same night, our gas heater came on full blast by itself as did our television in the next room.  

Our locked door came unlocked and opened by itself.

I watched all of this happen myself.

I kid you not, I was scared to death.

By the way, we ARE moving.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
adriana martinez
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 07:08:03 PM »

Well frist of all i am about  feaky stuff , but when it happens to me i practicly die.So you whant to hear about me , well here it gos .One night i was at my sisters hous and my cousens wher in the room listinng to marlin mannsen and my sister was in the other room reading the bible and then she went into the room where my cousens where and all of asudden the light bulb looked like the energy was trying to get out of the light bulb and thene it burst  .After that my cousen dave never listend to matlin mannsen agian .So I think he is the devil
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 07:12:06 PM »

Man what is with new people digging up ancient threads!?
gammaray117
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 07:51:23 PM »

In a basement of an acquantice of mine, there's an acccordian, an old family heirloon. The previous owners had converted the basement into a rec room, so it sits on a shelf. Now every once in a while, this accordian starts playing an old polka. Knowing that no one would ever believe him, he kept a cassete recorder on hand and managed to catch it on tape. He ran the tape through a filter, and upon doing that, heard faint singing in German along with the accordian. Freaky, eh?

"BATEMAN!!!!!!"
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 07:56:17 PM »

Man, what is with people thinking Marilyn Manson is the devil?  Not one of his songs has any Satanic themes to it.  I can see how naming a record "Antichrist Superstar" could start some people down the wrong path, but nowhere does he promote devil worship.  In fact, he's really quite an intelligent guy.  I don't believe God would make a lightbulb explode to warn you off evil music, but if it was going to happen, Manson wouldn't be the cause.  Marduk, Gorgoroth, Deicide, that I could believe.

Brother R

Post Edited (02-19-04 19:15)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  True Horror stories « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.