Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:50 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 868 times)
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 01, 2003, 01:32:58 PM »

I'll list these in the order I've seen them.

CITIZEN TOXIE: THE TOXIC AVENGER IV
I rented the R-rated version from Hollywood Video, because it's all they had. I loved it anyways, despite nearly 20 minutes being edited out. Some very funny moments, and the small tribute to TROMA'S WAR made me spit my drink out, actually. The best Toxie makeup since the original (I still feel that the Toxie attire in the original is better than in II and III). I bought the Unrated version Saturday, and have since watched it twice. Better than the first one. Oh, and God's (played by Hank The Angry Drunken Dwarf, RIP) speech about the Pope was hilarious. "Tell that a***ole to stop acting like he talks to me. He doesn't know me, and I hate his f**king guts. And tell him to get rid of that stupid f**king hat."

WENDIGO
This is the one that is supposedly really good. I thought it was just a 45-minute episode of The Outer Limits or the Twilight Zone doubled in length, and cut in half in terms of sense. The acting was decent, but a lot of the movie dragged along. And I mean DRAGGED.

28 DAYS LATER
I saw this in the theater Saturday night. This is perhaps the best mainstream horror film released in years, as it easily defeats THE RING, a film which I love. Unless TERMINATOR 3 is actually good, and I can see X2 again soon (which is highly likely), this is my movie of the year. I think this movie has been covered already in the 298345129308416290857162879 other topics about it here, so I'll move on.

GHOST SHIP
Everything said about this movie is true. The death scenes are okay, the acting is passable, and the special effects aren't too shabby. The storyline is actually really good, and it's just sad that it was left in the hands of the incompetent folks over at Dark Castle and Warner Bros. to make this film. The first 10 minutes are BRILLIANT, and I heavily enjoyed the last 10 minutes as well. "I'm a salver too. And when my boss sees that I didn't fill my quota of merchandise, I get in deep s**t."

THE TRANSPORTER
Not what I prepared for at all. I was expecting the entire movie to be based around the people trying to kill him over his opening of the package, but it instead winded away from the original plot into something much cooler. Jason Statham is a good actor, and has a certain screen presence. The fight scenes were cool, and it was, in my eyes, a good homage to the shoot-em-up action flicks of the 1980's that everybody remembers and loves. Statham is no Arnold, and no Stalone or even Lundgren, but he's definitely better than Van Damme and eons cooler than Seagal. Given time, Statham could be a bigger name in action movie history than any of them...except Arnold. Nobody will ever be bigger than Arnold.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 08:00:31 PM »

Nice mini-revirews there, Drezzy.  I agree with what you said about The Transporter.  Definitely different than I was expecting, but awesome nonetheless.  The movie pretty much made me a Statham fan, and convinced me that he could very well be the next big action star.  He was also recently in the remake of the Italian Job, which he was great in.  And it's surprisingly an intelligent and good heist movie, which isn't what I was expecting at all.  The movie's doing pretty good at the box office, so hopefully Statham will get more exposure.  Nevertheless, Statham = badass.

Nick
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.