Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:20:36 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "B" Movie Kisstory! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "B" Movie Kisstory!  (Read 3092 times)
Hairzilla
« on: July 03, 2001, 02:51:03 PM »

Y'know, it's amazing how a bad movie flashback, sorta like inspiration that goes "narf!", can occur when you least expect it....

A couple of nights ago I'd caught a show on VH1 that traced Kiss' career and... just as any, glaring faux pas in human history can not simply be dismissed when attempting any sort of accurate study [except if you're anyone working on a Biblically based piece for the History Channel]...they bravely recounted a much downplayed point in the band's career....yes, THEIR FIRST MOVIE, "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park"!

Despite having only seen it the one time it debuted on tv, like the memory of your first time on a major rollercoaster that never quite fades, I can still hear the screa....er, recall bits and pieces of it. Does anybody else remember the cinematic psycho circus that was this film?!  

I think that it must have had just about ALL the requirements needed for being a truly classic bad flick! [Or, in this case, "Rock 'n Suck"!] Special effects seemingly inspired by any one of the original Gamera movies , acting so flat that you could walk on it in eight inch platform boots, and... taking a cue directly from "Plan Nine From Outer Space"... outright REPLACING Ace Frehley at one point [since he'd refused to come to the set, according to Paul Stanley]  with another guy wearing the makeup who was unmistakably of a completely different racial origin!

The scene that has ebedded itself into my memory to this day, even before seeing the clips shown on VH1, is the one where the band is sitting around a pool [I think] in full stage gear and in taaaaaall chairs that some angry, nearby lifeguards were probably searching for, draped in large silver...I dunno what you'd call 'em...sheets? shrouds?....and acting like the Jedi Council from "The Phantom Menace"....Wait, both of these were "Phantom" movies....could there be some similarity here....ooooo....I think there is.... In that same scene is also the only line I'd recalled prior to watching the VH1 show.  A concerned remark is made about Gene Simmons for which the reply was "Nah, not our demon, he's harmless". [After this flick came out I'm surprised that it wasn't "homeless"!] Sheesh, and Milli Vanilli got punished for faking their vocals? What about faking an entire movie?!  

However, in the band's defense I have to give them credit for being willing to take a risk and doing that movie in the first place, knowing full well that they weren't actors [Boy...weren't they actors],  and inadvertantly producing something entertaining enough to be worthy of two, maybe three slimies, or at least Gene Simmons spitting fake blood on it....Now, if I could just figure out why they didn't learn their lesson and had "Detroit Rock City" made....

Don't need nothin' but a good,
                                                                                       Tokyo stompin' time!

HZ
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2001, 03:00:51 PM »

The wonderfully eloquent Dr. Freez does a beautiful job reviewing this, er, film  *cough, cough* over at The Bad Movie Report.   Check it out.
mr Raffles (amateur cracksman)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2001, 05:47:23 PM »

Shout it...shout it...shout it out looooooud!  I beleive there was a fake cyborg Kiss who Kiss have to battle.  There was also a Talisman involved.   Mad scientist who lived under the amusement park etc.  Definatley a top 70's flick.  The begining sequence when they're s**ttily imposed on the roller coaster doing Rock'n Roll all nite is choice as well.
Chadzilla
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2001, 06:52:06 PM »

"He created KISS to destroy KISS and failed."

huh?
Dr. Freex
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2001, 10:51:32 PM »

To quote Ace:

AWK!!!
Hairzilla
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2001, 10:53:19 PM »

"...I just love Tokyo in August, welcome [Chad and Hair]zilla!...Sorry, but with TWO 'zillas posting to this phorum I couldn't resist throwing out a line from the flawed, but I think ultimately rockin', American version of "Godzilla 1985". [....I can just see this being the start of a whole new thread....]

Firstly, thanks, CZ, for pointing me to that hysterical review of 'Park. I was actually amazed at how the comments came so close to my own thoughts, right down to the overall rating that it was given. Awk!

Secondly, Mr. Raffles, you rememeber FAR more about this film than any healthy human being should have to live with! As a counteractive measure I suggest that you go out and rent a GOOD super-hero movie, like "X-Men", immediately! Wait...is the word "good" inappropriate here? Well, when in Rome.... [And I'm just joking with ya 'Raffles. Rock on!]

Here's a thought, would the Kiss doubles qualify as being "the hottest robots in the land"? Brrr...There are just some questions that shouldn't be asked....

Ok people! It's time to make this phorum ROCK! So sing along with Hairzilla now!....

"We'll show you everything we've got, our lousy acting and a thin, thin plot! Pete's voice was dubbed, there were two Frehleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeys'"!

Your turn! Go!....
mr Raffles
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2001, 10:10:35 AM »

"Pizza, Ahh wahnt suum!" "Joey ,you need your riboflavin" oh wait, that's" rock'n'roll high school"!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "B" Movie Kisstory! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.