Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:22:17 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies is this #7 (I think) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What movies is this #7 (I think)  (Read 9325 times)
Dave: Blackeye15
« on: June 30, 2003, 02:26:17 PM »

I hope this can be answered before I leave for my camping but when I was six one of my friends showed me this movie where a monster lived in a lake and I have no idea if it ate people or if it just scared people or not..but it finally showed up at the end and it was a monster that had large seaweed like stuff covering it but then all the seaweed started falling off it and it turned out to look like a robot T-REX thing and it just fell back into the water. There was a crowd or something and the people were like *GASP* at first then they were like "YAAAYYYY!". And I really wonder what this crappy movie is.

-the first rule of fat club-
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 03:12:17 PM »

I think someone else asked about this one awhile back.

Sounds like "The Quest" starring Henry Thomas.

Here's the IMDB link for it:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0091810

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 03:19:45 PM »

Only it wasn't a robot T-Rex, it was an abandoned, rusted crane that had been submerged underwater until the pond was drained.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 06:52:33 PM »

This movie seems to be well sought after as I know that others have asked for it here before.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
moel
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 07:19:22 PM »

yeah, i know this movie too, from a long time ago. I forgot all about it. I can't remember the name, they tried draining all the water to see what is was right? I think it was called Donkagen, or Donkeygan... something like that... it's been so long i'm probably way off.
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 11:48:14 PM »

OHHH it was a Crane or some sort of construction vechile, well I remeber seeing what I thought was the same creature in a Disney Adventure magazine once(Sigh back when it was a GOOD magazine that was worth buying) and I thought they used that mechanical monster that was used for the movie. The only reason it sucked was because I was disapointed because my friend said it was a giant monster movie. I dunno maybe i'll give it a chance.

-the first rule of fat club-
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 06:44:39 AM »

>they tried draining all the water to see what is was right?

Not exactly. The 'monster' makes occasional appearances in the quarry due to air getting trapped under it and causing it to raise up. It's covered in plants and such, so it looks like a monster. Henry Thomas wants to find out what it is, so he creates his own divng helmet out of a glass bowl and goes under the water. When he doesn't come back up, the girl who was helping him goes back to town to get help and tells them what he did. They drain the pond looking for him.

I was always disappointed that he had to go and spoil the local monster legend. I mean, this thing has been the source of stories and adventures for years, then he comes along and ruins it. Sorry kids, no monster just an old steam shovel in a previously flooded quarry. Nothing to see, go on home. A source of mystery and wonder, gone because he had to screw up and get himself trapped under the water.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 12:30:59 PM »

JohnL wrote:

> A source
> of mystery and wonder, gone because he had to screw up and get
> himself trapped under the water.

I seem to remember at the ending of the film, after everyone has walked away, something pulls the crane back into the remaining water in the pond.  I thought that was great!
moel
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 06:16:14 PM »

>so he creates his own divng helmet out of a glass bowl and goes under the water<

Yep, this is familiar. It's been forever seen I've seen it. I always thought it was boring, however I'd like to see it again now. I remember it being pretty creepy before they found out it was just a crane  making odd sounds.
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 03:20:11 PM »

>I seem to remember at the ending of the film, after everyone has walked away,
>something pulls the crane back into the remaining water in the pond.

Hmm, I don't recall this at all, but after reading your message, I asked my mother (she used to watch a lot of those type movies) and she says she remembers the scene you describe. Now *I* wanna see this again...

>Yep, this is familiar. It's been forever seen I've seen it. I always thought it was
>boring, however I'd like to see it again now.

I've had that happen. Movies I thought sucked at the time start to look better in my memory until I start wanting to watch them again.

>I remember it being pretty creepy before they found out it was just a crane
>making odd sounds.

Not to mention that it didn't ACT like a crane. Air would force it to rise up, but then the bucket would open and close like a mouth while jerking up and down.
LSmith
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 07:49:20 PM »

I REALLY want to find this movie.  It is one of my mom's favorites, and with Christmas coming up I would LOVE to find it somehow...I guess I just need the name.  What is it called??
daveblackeye15

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 01:11:19 AM »

I believe it is "The Quest"

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies is this #7 (I think) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.