Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:56 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The evolution of the "PG" movie rating « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The evolution of the "PG" movie rating  (Read 22699 times)
fritz21
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2003, 05:42:48 PM »

Funny... RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and TEMPLE OF DOOM both have sadistic violence- i.e., people being crushed by trucks, getting their hearts ripped out, being ground by airplane propellers, heads exploding under the wrath of God, etcetera, etcetera. Yet only THE LAST CRUSADE, arguably the least violent of the Indiana Jones triology(soon to quadlagy :)) is the only one to carry a PG-13 rating or a different country's equvalent.
Genetic Mishap
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2003, 11:14:26 PM »

I watched on the Evil Dead 2 dvd that the MPAA gave it an X rating, and Dino de what's- his- face wouldn't release an X rated picture. So the guys made a fake releasing company, Rosebud, and gave it an R instead.
I take it that there's no way in hell this could be done today, but I'd like to know the details concerning that that would back up my assumption.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2003, 11:24:17 PM »

fritz21 wrote:

> Funny... RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and TEMPLE OF DOOM both have
> sadistic violence- i.e., people being crushed by trucks,
> getting their hearts ripped out, being ground by airplane
> propellers, heads exploding under the wrath of God, etcetera,
> etcetera. Yet only THE LAST CRUSADE, arguably the least violent
> of the Indiana Jones triology(soon to quadlagy :)) is the only
> one to carry a PG-13 rating or a different country's equvalent.

Wow, been a long time since this thread was originally put in.....

Though the 3rd one had the pg-13 rating, Temple of Doom caused the pg-13 rating to come into existence. That, and the movie Gremlins.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Steve
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2003, 02:25:11 AM »

The "Love Shop" in Logan's Run only has implied nudity. The commentary track on the DVD goes into this in some detail. Everything was taped down and the "dance" moves were all carefully choreographed to be very suggestive, but nothing was actually shown. The only completely visible breasts in the movie are when Logan and Jessica are changing out of their wet clothes and into the furns when they get into the frozen area that Box the robot guy was in.

Phantom 187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2003, 05:36:15 AM »

I don't really remember any other movie than 'Revenge of the Nerds" having female pubic hair.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2003, 06:53:40 PM »

actually now it is either to much or to little either way the MPAA are really messed up. They really have no idea on how to rate a movie
Jayson
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2003, 04:00:56 PM »

Its funny, Alot of "R" rated movies in the 80's are totally tame by todays standards. For instance, "Stripes" and "Planes,Trains & Automobiles" are both rated R. Those movies would get a PG rating if they were made today.

"Maybe death will stop yer yammering"--Marge Simpson
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2004, 04:21:36 AM »

I recall EVIL DEAD 2 being unrated, with no one under 17 admitted.  I remember this because I was ticked off that I was too young to see it when it was released.

STRIPES had quite a bit of nudity.  I think it would still get an R today, since even the teen sex comedies of today seem to have less nudity than the ones during the Eighties.

PORKY'S showed female pubic hair during the big shower scene.
david zaitzeff
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2005, 01:02:33 PM »

were there exposes breasts in a scene of The Sting with Redford?
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2005, 05:05:02 PM »

I remember that when I first saw "clash of the Titans", I was in awe at the PG rating. As I recall, a woman was topless for quite a while on screen near the beginnig of the film, and breast feeding (I think).
Can someone back me up, or is my memory fuzzy?
PSlugworth
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2005, 06:17:48 PM »

Yes, there is a woman breastfeeding at the beginning and there is a later scene where Andromeda exits a bathtub and is nude for a little while...

Official Member of the Don Knotts Fan Club.
andrew sylvester dot com
Ozzymandias
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2005, 07:08:58 PM »

And don't forget Dennis Hopper's fingers being chopped off and flying into Kim Darby's face.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2005, 07:11:38 PM »

This was supposed to go with the post about True Grit having a G raiting.
saintmort
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2005, 06:42:03 AM »

actually the F word thing is happening more and more in PG-13 Rated movies, sometimes I think it's there just to ensure that they don't get a PG rating, I mean alot of the movies that it happens in are really tame accept for that word

Then again Beetlejuice is PG and it's in there twice
"Nice F-Ing Model" and "F-you just say it!"

Also Sixteen Candles in the first like 15 minutes is just a full screen shot of breasts in the shower and the F bomb, again PG movie

Also, I do realize I'm commenting to something almost 2 years ago
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2005, 08:09:23 AM »

Another one brought back from the dead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The evolution of the "PG" movie rating « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.