Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:24:17 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lines We Like to Use « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Lines We Like to Use  (Read 9178 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2003, 11:16:47 AM »

It's been ages since I last used this one: "Today is groundhog daaaaaay!"

I used it a lot back in highscool to tell my friends something big was happenning that day. The line is taken from "Groundhog day", a 1993 comedy starring Bill Murray. Everyday he is awaken by the radio, and some people start yelling that very same line, annoying the hell out of him. For that reason, whenever it was used we tried to sound annoying while saying it.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2003, 03:46:33 PM »

"Day ain't over yet" - from City Slickers.  Somebody asked Curly (the surly trailboss) if he had ever killed anybody...I use it all the time.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Sven André
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2003, 06:05:29 PM »

Another great line from The Big Lebowski that I use sometimes

"This is what happens when you f**k a stranger in the ass!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2003, 06:14:45 PM »

I like to use the famous line from GONE WITH THE WIND:

"As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!" (Followed by a big order from McDonald's $1.00 menu).

I also like to say the famous line from PLANET OF THE APES:

"Take your stinking paws off of me, you damn dirty ape!" (Usually, when my wife tries to hug me . . . I PRAY TO GOD SHE NEVER READS THIS).

Post Edited (07-14-03 18:15)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2003, 06:33:55 PM »

Everytime I'm shopping and there's craziness of shoppers and screaming children and shoving I have to delcare out loud "IT'S A MAHOUSE..A MAAADHOUSE" (from planet of the apes). I actually talk in moviequotes alot which is sad because nobody gets it be me. Apparently I'm too much of a movie buff for the world to handle. Admittedly Heston seems to pop out of my mouth the most. The last time was when I was trying to find a tv dinner I liked and the guy said they no longer carried it. As I walked off I was mumbling "You did it, you really did it. Damn you..god damn you all to hellll". Good thing he didn't call the 5-0

I think it would be a great idea to invent a pocket sized electronic keychain device which you can program with your favorite movielines to play at key moments. I mentioned this to a friend years ago. I would kill for such a device. ;-)

JohnL

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 12:02:46 AM »

>Admittedly Heston seems to pop out of my mouth the most.

I'm not gonna touch that one! :)

>I think it would be a great idea to invent a pocket sized electronic keychain
>device which you can program with your favorite movielines to play at key
>moments. I mentioned this to a friend years ago. I would kill for such a device. ;-)

Use a portable MP3 player.
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2003, 12:31:31 AM »

here's some more I thought of from The Last Dragon

"Bow down and kiss my converse."

"Hey my man what it look like?"

from The Negotiator

"I'll shoot you where you one by one!" (usually say this when someone asks me a question like 'What would you do if I....?" folowed by something dumb)

not really from a movie but from the Nature Boy Ric Flair
"Like it or not you're gonna have to learn to love it because it's the best thing going."

from Jay and SIlent Bob
"Afleck was the bomb in Phantoms yo."

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Susan
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2003, 08:08:23 AM »

>>>I think it would be a great idea to invent a pocket sized electronic keychain
>device which you can program with your favorite movielines to play at key
>moments. I mentioned this to a friend years ago. I would kill for such a device. ;-)

Use a portable MP3 player.<<

Great Idea - but i'd have to search for it and carry some kind of speaker. I need something that I can press a programmed button (of many) in which it plays so everyone can hear it. At this point people probably think i'm just crazy. I think whats even more frustrating is when I use movielines in conversation to illustrate a point or feeling and they don't "get it" because they don't watch film much. I need to get out more. ;-)

slax
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2003, 03:35:35 PM »

"All in the reflexes"-Jack Burton

and whenever I see Ben Affleck on TV I can't help but spout out the Mallrats line "he likes to have sex with women in a very uncomfortable place" and usually someone has the proper response of "Like in the back of a volkswagen?"
John Morgan
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2003, 05:07:44 PM »

Every time I see a film starring or a picture of Keanu Reeves I have to yell out:

"YES WAY, TED!!!"
JohnL

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2003, 03:30:31 AM »

>I need something that I can press a programmed button (of many) in which it
>plays so everyone can hear it.

Ok, but for that you need to get more technical.

I've seen keychains with 4 buttons on them (my mother has one) and when you press one of the buttons, it plays one of 4 insults. What you need to do is get one of those, take it apart and get someone with electronics experience to desolder the ROM chip, program an EPROM with samples of 4 movie quotes you want and put it all back together for you. For more than that, get addition keychains. You can always stick two of them back-to-back and have 8 phrases available at the touch of a button.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2003, 10:34:23 AM »

i think i'm a great big cheezeball.
i'm a big user of lines from "History of the World Part 1"
the most commonly used one comes out in convo like this:

OTHER GUY: hey CoCo!  whereya been hiding?
ME: i just got back from the auto da fe
OTHER GUY: auto da..what?  what's an auto da fe?
ME: it's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway!

yeah it's cheezy, but i can't tell you HOW many people have ended up cowering in the corner of my mom's couch while my mother, my sister, i, and my mom's 4 year old goddaughter prance around the living room for 2 hours acting out the movie like it was RHPS night.  because invariably, when they ask what the heck i'm talking about, i lure them to my mom's to watch the film.

that's the pleasure of it.

..."Tease" - JohnL
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2003, 11:03:36 AM »

History of the World has great lines.

"It's good to be da king."

And another I've used:

"Move that miserable piece of sh*t!"
Of course, you have to bellow it with the appropriate bulgining eyes and cracking voice.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2003, 11:07:44 AM »

yes, it's good to be da king.
and also, when someone asks me too many times to repeat what i just said, i eventually say "King Louiiiiiiiiiiiiiis" and hack and cough.  they just give up.

also if i hear anyone at ALL say "count the money" you KNOW what comes next!

oooh, and let's not forget "don't get saucy with ME Bearnaise!"

and for various reasons, i like to yell "FREEEE!  FREE!" like the old man does when he tries to release the dead birds.

..."Tease" - JohnL
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2003, 11:13:26 AM »

"Are you talkin' to me?" - TAXI DRIVER

"A man's got to know his limitations." - MAGNUM FORCE

"Oh, but it looks good on you!" - CADDYSHACK

"You owe that man a cold drink." - COOL HAND LUKE

"Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes." - THE GODFATHER

"Do you boys wind if we dance with your dates?" - ANIMAL HOUSE

"Oscar! Where are the drinks?" - THE ODD COUPLE

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lines We Like to Use « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.