Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:43:44 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lines We Like to Use « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Lines We Like to Use  (Read 9179 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 01, 2003, 10:25:37 AM »

I can't remember if this subject has come up before, but what are some great movie lines you just can't resist using in certain circumstances.

Recently, I've been doing a lot of outside work on my house, and a friend of mine has been helping. Such hot work requires generous amounts of beer, and we've made a few trips to the local beer store. On passing the Heineken, I simply can't resist the urge to proclaim "Heineken? F--k that s--t! Pabst Blue Ribbon!" My friend hasn't even seen Blue Velvet, but thinks it's funny as hell.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 11:18:18 AM »

Blue Velvet lines come up in my conversations, too, when making short movies with my friends. A while back, to get one of my friends more over the top, I showed him some clips of Dennis Hopper. Now, whenever anyone says something like "More feeling!" the response is usually something like "I'M GONNA WRITE YOU A F*CKING LOVE LETTER!!"

The Big Lebowski usually comes up when the phone rings: "Phone's ringing, Dude." "Thank you, Donnie."

Not a movie, but the Sex Pistols' hilariously botched cover of "Johnny B. Goode" is quoted a lot in my circle of friends, with lines like " 'Sf*ckin' ridiculose!" "Tohcha! AAAHHH!!" and "Oi, oi, oi! Steve!" (when trying to get someone's attention).

And for some reason, whenever anyone asks what day it is, I can't help blurting out "It's Christmas day, sir!" in a high-pitched British accent.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 08:05:44 PM »

I haven't used it yet, but there will someday be a great moment when I can use "b***hes leave", said by Boddicker in Robocop.

I also like to spout off Freddy Krueger one liners, but they're usually never appropriate.  They just prove how much of a dork I am.

I like to use Ahnuld one liners (many from Commando), as well as Van Damme and Dolph ones.  These ones are usually not immediately recognizable.

But there's always at least one person that recognizes lines from Office Space.  And when they do, they end up repeating along with me.  

Nick
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 08:31:50 PM »

HA! I do that too vermin boy! well I haven't said the christmas day one in a while ,lol.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Chris K.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 11:48:58 PM »

Their is a scene in John Carpenter's THE THING (1982) in which after Kurt Russell's character kills "The Thing", which is in human form, the alien pulls it's own head off and turns into a strange spider-like creature that tries to crawl away. One of the characters, who sees this strange creature, says the line, "You gotta' be f**kin' kidding?"

I usually use that line when something strange or terrible happens to me. It might be a common piece of dialouge, but whenever I utter that dialouge out of my mouth I always think of that scene in THE THING.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 02:15:56 AM »

Speaking of Ahnuld, "It's not a TOOMAH!" is always fun.
I use a lot of stuff from MST3K.  "Go ahead on, it's your move" is a favorite.  I answer my phone as either "Pork vacuum" or "Doughy has-been".

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 08:57:51 AM »

...I do my best indeterminate Christopher Lambert accent and say, "Lots of different places."

No one's gotten it yet.  Which I expect.
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 08:59:26 AM »

...whenever the subject of finding a piece of information that someone's written down comes up, I do my best denture-sucking Scottish accent and say:

"That's why I put it in the notebook -- so I wouldn't have to remember!"
Damien01
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 09:50:59 AM »

Thank you, Acavano... (Wise Guys)

Look at those snapers (Romancing the Stone)

I'll be there soon... [If somebody asks how soon? I will answer back saying "Really soon... "] (Romancing the Stone)
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 12:19:19 PM »

FRom Space Ghost (i know it's not a movie)  
"Would you like to have some of my sex........with me?"

"I'll spin your head off so fast it'll travel back in time!"

(I want to say this when someone tells me I'm lying)
"The trueness of ones truth is clearly based on their venacular inaccuracies  )

THe Big Lebowski

"That's just like your opinion...man."
"What is this s**t?  This day of rest s**t?" (but i exchange day or rest with other things)

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Neville

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 11:31:25 AM »

> "That's why I put it in the notebook -- so I wouldn't have to remember!"

I use variations on that one everytime somebody asks me about something I wrote in a letter or e-mail time ago.

I also use some dialogue from "The last boy scout", specially, as a mock threat "I'm gonna shove an umbrella up your ass and then open it". This uses to get lots of laughs in my circle.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
BmeansGood
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2003, 01:50:22 PM »

I can't believe that someone else uses the "Lots of different places" voice from Highlander.  I thought there could be only one.
JohnL

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2003, 05:29:51 PM »

I like to use "No, wrong, false, none of the above!" in place of a simple "No", especially if I realize I've just done something incredibly stupid, like pressing rewind on the VCR instead of record.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2003, 07:41:34 PM »

Never get tired of this one; when the wife is going out of the room: "I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave" [Face Off]

When my daughter is fighting a diaper change: "Resistance is Futile!" [First Contact]

The one I wish I could use on a overweight sales rep in my office: "Say your goodbyes, lardass, because you're already dead. EyyyyAAAAAAH!" [Fist of the Northstar]

Then there's my fave, but haven't found a use for it yet:  "When I played cowboys and Indians with my brothers, I was ALWAYS the Chinese railroad worker!" [Death To Smoochy]
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 12:10:16 AM »

"...It was a dark and stormy night!"

No matter what we're watching here at home.....or even if we get some rain or a thunderstorm......we use that classic, cliched line at any opportune moment when thunder, rain, etc., comes up in a movie or tv show.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lines We Like to Use « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.