Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:26:33 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Blue Underground « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blue Underground  (Read 4524 times)
wuggles451
« on: July 02, 2003, 11:34:43 PM »

Blue Underground is a DvD company i hadnt heard of until recent months but holy cow !! I bought their releases of The Crazies and Vampyres and both are great. great picture ,sound is so so but wonderful extras next i plan on buying Contamination and Contraband. I am very impressed with this company and the dvds are very affordable 20 bux!!!

jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 11:37:14 PM »

I liked their Cannibal Apocalypse disc.  I'm going to have to check out Contamination.....
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 12:20:53 AM »

I do believe it was Image Entertainment that released CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE on DVD, not Blue Underground. Good release, though.

As for Blue Underground, I place them right next to Anchor Bay, MGM, and Image as being the best cult DVD distributor and my favorite. Blue Underground did justice to their DVD releases of THE CRAZIES (1973), CONTAMINATION (1980), and TWO EVIL EYES (1989). Blue Underground has DEAD AND BURIED (1981) on their list of Upcoming Releases and I hope they do that particuar film justice as well since I have spent ages trying to find a copy of it on video, with no such luck sadly.

And jmc, I highly recommend you get CONTAMINATION. An Italian gore feast with alien eggs that cause people's chests to explode! It's great sci-fi/horror fun from director Luigi Cozzi (billed as 'Lewis Coates' in the International English credits). And please don't believe the critics when they call it an ALIEN rip-off; it is not.
Steven Millan
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 01:39:41 AM »

You're right,Chris,for William Lustig's Blue Underground is the best DVD company that is out there,since Lustig puts extremely loving care into every one of his DVDs,giving them excellent picture quality,and making sure that there's no freezing whatsoever on any of the discs.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 08:13:08 AM »

I have a few Blue Underground DVDs myself. I recommend that you DO NOT buy them directly from Blue Underground's website. Their prices are a rip-off. Same thing with Something Weird . . . they charge at least $5 apiece more for their DVDs than other sites/stores.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 12:30:34 PM »

Hmmm.....maybe Blue Underground just helped produce some of the extras on the CANNIBAL DISC, like the tour of the locations.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Blue Underground « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.