Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:29:53 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  13 Ghosts - Damn you, Bad Movies! Damn you - oh, you get the picture. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 13 Ghosts - Damn you, Bad Movies! Damn you - oh, you get the picture.  (Read 3162 times)
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 06, 2003, 07:06:45 PM »

Spoilers below!!

I blame Bad Movies, and perhaps Jabootu too, for waking my long-dormant Movie Critic Gland.  There I was, sat watching "13 Ghosts", and all I could think of was:
"Why is the Matthew Lillard character there if they have those fancy glasses?"  
"Why doesn't a ghost appear from the murdered technician/lawyer/female turncoat?"
"What is the Black Zodiac?"
"Where was F. Murray Abraham hiding in a glass house?  Why did he appear before Tony Shalhoub and blow his Cunning Lifelong Plan?  Why did he still have fake blood all over him?"
"How did the kid and his sister get abducted?"
"What was the point of killing the female ghost-hunter?"
"Why didn't anyone drop a spanner in the Sinister Evil Machine way way earlier?"
"Why didn't anyone try to break out of the house, get a car and drive through the walls?".
Damn it, why did they make the film in the first place!!!

See?  See what happens when the Movie Critic Gland starts to work?  Aaagh!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 08:27:14 PM »

This film could've been way better if it had a different cast.

Tony Shalhoub as the father.....who in their right mind actually thought he was a good choice!?

I actually liked Matthew Lillard's character the best.

Overall one word stands out in my mind to describe this movie......

NOISY!!

It's a very noisy & loud film!

JackFlack
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 09:19:04 PM »

Ugh... I wanted to slap my friends when they told me this was a good movie, and I watched it with them.  Shame on them!!!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 02:39:35 AM »

Yeah, the 13 Ghosts remake sucked.  And at least you only get smart alecky watching movies.  This site gave me and the other...uh...Brothers I guess the Critic Virus so bad we now waste all our spare time building a site that just makes us look even geekier than we already are!

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 04:31:49 AM »

I don't know if I should call you guys lucky or what for making it through the whole thing. I found it so borring I fell asleep about 20 min into it.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 07:54:47 AM »

I have to agree that 13 Ghosts isn't so great.  I thought it was decent when I first rented it (it's a "check mind at door" type of flick).  Try not to think too much and it goes down pretty easily.

I actually own this flick on DVD since it is a favorite of my wifes, which I don't understand.

As for Tony Shalhoub being the father, I actually think he's a great actor.  Just too bad that he's still typecast from his role as Antonio on Wings.  If you don't believe me, check out his role in The Man Who Wasn't There.  Fantastic stuff.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 04:49:19 PM »

The thing that made the DVD worthwhile was that it had a little documentary on the origins of the ghosts. I found it more interesting than the movie.

Perhaps if they'd found some way to work this stuff into the story, it might have been a better movie. As it was the movie had a few interesting aspects, but was disappointing overall.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 05:56:44 PM »

AndyC wrote:

> The thing that made the DVD worthwhile was that it had a little
> documentary on the origins of the ghosts. I found it more
> interesting than the movie.

>

I agree, I enjoyed the short extra on the ghost's [ast so much I watched it three times, and while I thought the movie was ok, that part was worth the rental price.

As for you Conrad....

"Why is the Matthew Lillard character there if they have those fancy glasses?"
Because, he knows how to find them man, just because you can see them, doesnt mean you will know they are there.

"What is the Black Zodiac?"
They explained this, it is the 13 ghosts, the dead child was like Capricorn, the Juggernaut, Libra, all just signs.

"Where was F. Murray Abraham hiding in a glass house? Why did he appear before Tony Shalhoub and blow his Cunning Lifelong Plan? Why did he still have fake blood all over him?"
He was in a compartment in the basement. All bad guys reveal their lifelong plan havent you seen James Bond??? Cuz, he was too busy plotting to wash

"How did the kid and his sister get abducted?"
The kid (who I so wished had died) and the girl were all captured by F. Murray Abraham once the ghosts knocked them out

"What was the point of killing the female ghost-hunter?"
She was evil and he didnt want to share his power with her

"Why didn't anyone drop a spanner in the Sinister Evil Machine way way earlier?"
Cuz no one alie knew where the machine was

Damn it, why did they make the film in the first place!!!
It was just a fuin movie man, relax, chill, enjoy the shameless stereotype of a black woman

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
vener
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 03:26:47 AM »

hello evryone

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 04:03:38 AM »

Man do I ever hate this movie and all other special effect driven horror movies like it.
You know whats sad? I have friends that actually think this movie is scary, but thought movie like Night of the living dead, 28 Days Later and The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre weren't scary at all. Whats wrong with people now days?
I swear sometimes I feel I have to get some new friends so I can actually see a good movie for a change.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 04:15:55 PM »

Actualy, i think Badmovies and Jabootu Et Al, are just awakening the latent film critic in all of us....kinda like when Anakin went over to the dark side.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 10:07:09 PM »

Ahhh man, I absaloutely hated that film! Typical Hollywood schlock  that infests the already polluted waters of film making. I'd like to strangle everone involved with that piece of s**t!!!! ARGGHHH!!!  Sorry, but I really didn't care for it. ; )
rae
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2003, 05:54:43 PM »

what kind of physic is Mathew Lillard?  Being a physic that has pain.  And why didn't the mother try to stop what was happening with the kids.  the spells were only on the wall to keep them in the box or going any where else.  The Cyrus man didn't have the spells.  And was arthur so stupid to believe that killing him self was the only way to save his children?  Who in there right mind would live in a glass house?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  13 Ghosts - Damn you, Bad Movies! Damn you - oh, you get the picture. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.