Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:34:11 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fat man, Thin woman « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Fat man, Thin woman  (Read 5639 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2004, 07:11:16 PM »

>What about weight loss commercials ?

Or the commercials for gyms, they're always full of women who look like they just stepped off a runway.
Eve
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2004, 01:32:06 AM »

I have noticed this phenomenon occuring in the media as well.  However, I think its a matter of art imitating life.  I have observed that some big guys who have a little confidence about themselves try to go for slim women, because they figure its beneath them to date a big woman. Alternatively, I have observed big guys who have low self esteem (the most repulsive thing about them is their lack of confidence) try to date anyone who will have them once they have been rejected by those who fulfill societal standstards of what the flavor of the month is ( Lets face it, looks and appearance, its all a ploy to distract women from the real issues in life that they should concern themselves, like poverty, war , community, legislature, etc). Once the big guys with low self-esteem finally achieve the goal of getting a woman, they usually try to keep dating "up" until they get the kind of woman they tried to get in the first place. Ususally they get her, because their confidence levels are higher than they were at first as the result of them  finally being able to get more than a few dates.  

In a nutshell, I think a lot of fat men think that its beneath them to date  fat women no matter how fat the man himself is. Some (a lot of) fat men are just as hard if not harder on fat women about their weight.   Some fat men feel they have to prove the worth of their manhood and worthiness of being accepted by the rest of society as a normal red-blooded man and human being by dating a "socially acceptable woman".

In truth FAT or  SKINNY, if all that person has to perplex on is somebody else's weight - a person who doesn't even know that they exist in the universe - then that person is pathetic, superficial and out of touch with reality.   People need to turn off the T.V. stop living in this fantasy world partially created for them by the media and the rest created as some sort of weird twisted defense mechanism against their own fears and insecurities, and focus on whats real like this big ass war that we are in, the way we are spreading our military across the globe so thinly in efforts to police the world, the special interests of our  legislators and the "real" puppeteers/constituents that control them, etc.

You wanna talk about FAT people- lets talk about all the ugly ass people living amongst  us who think they are okay and normal because they aren't fat. I'd rather be a fat digusting beached whale than an ugly muthaf*cker.  Fat folks can always lose weight if they feel that thats whats right for them.  Ugly peolple have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars just to look "okay" ex. Extreme Makover(except its free). People going under knife to look not much better than they did before, because the real appearance changing comes when they put on make-up, decent clothes, and get a better hair style. Until then,most of those people don't look much different than before.   Now make-up, decent clothes, and get a better hair style are things they could have done on their own.

JAY INSURGENT
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2004, 06:33:45 AM »

this is f**king bull f**king s**t in real life, the man on the television is some fat dumb slob but the woman is the smart one. but you never see this in real life women want real thin lanky tall men,they dont want fat men. men on the otherhand likw women with a little thickness and its sad. fat women are accepted fat men arent. just look at every couple and you will see. there are f**king clubs for men who like fat women for god sakes I have never heard of clubs for women who like fat or short men,so dont give me this bulls**t about fat women not being accepted. fat and short men are the ones who are not accepted.........................thank you
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fat man, Thin woman « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.