Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:16:44 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Outrageous Type of Food You've Snuck Into a Theater « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Most Outrageous Type of Food You've Snuck Into a Theater  (Read 9478 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 03:30:21 PM »

Coats with big pockets...the consession stands mortal enemy!
Don't let loose food rattle...it might give ya away at the ticket counter.
Gotta love "Tom Servo"...in his movie revies book, told of sneaking a whole thankgiving Turkey dinner in to watch "Monsters Inc."
Thats a tough act to follow!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 03:54:50 PM »

>>Coats with big pockets...the consession stands mortal enemy!<<

No, a woman with a big purse is, because we can sneak in stuff year round and they won't search me. ;-)  .If theaters make all their profit off concession stand prices and are raising them because they are losing money - it's a self defeating act. They'll lose money becuase nobody wants to pay the high prices, lower the prices and you'll make a better profit overall I think. I'm not paying $3 for a tiny box of candy when I can get a bigger one for 99 cents at walgreens - sue me I just can't afford to pay $20 for every trip to the movies...and it would be about that because they've increased the daytime prices to what the nighttime tickets used to be.

I also tried eating a sub sandwhich there - and yes it is extremely messy. Avoid foods with any shredded topping or that drips condiments. Chips are a no-no, I realized that I was annoying even myself with all the crunching.

Unfortunately while I agree with Burgomaster in that nothing is better than popcorn and a drink - the theaters have switched to this really horrible butter topping that essentially tastes like vegitable oil, not butter. It ain't popcorn for me unless a little heartattack in a pump is poured into it, but if i can't even taste it then there's little joy to be had. The General Cinema used to have the best popcorn but they went out of business here.  They keep finding cheaper ways to make it that sacrifice the taste, my god is nothing sacred?

Also i've never had anyone mess with me about bringing in food, theater workers never come into our theaters during the movie and most are teenagers who would be too intimidated to say anything. In fact I told one kid when buying a coke I couldn't afford their food and he asked why I didn't just swing by the jack in the box next door and take my food in there. I wonder if he lasted long working there.

Post Edited (07-13-03 16:00)
dean
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2003, 09:28:59 AM »

it may not be too creative or outrageous, but bringing in a bottle of good old bundaberg rum and a two litre bottle of coke was a particularly interesting experience.   the guys behind us [who had brought in a box of icecreams from the local supermarket] gave us some of their booty in exchange for some of our concoction.  then to top it off we proceeded to play a drinking game where we all had a good drink every time a corny/unrealistic/just-looking-for-an excuse moment came up.

seeing that we were watching die another day at the time, it's no wonder we got fairly 'merry' by the time the credits came up.

note: when i watched the film again in a slightly more coherant frame of mind, i decided that it was worth the $2 i got it for on dvd.
ad
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 06:04:32 AM »

One time I went to my local UCI cinema and asked for a hot dog - the attendant quoted a really extornate amount - even more than the ticket I just paid for to see the movie - as I was pretty hungry I took the hot dog - asking "what do you get with it? any onions?"

The attendant sighed and pointed to two trays one deeplly filled with chopped chillis, the other filled with mustard.

I asked "How much do you get?"

"As much as you want" said the Attendant.

So for about two minutes I literally slapped on as much chillies onto the hot dog as I could fit, then slapped on top of that as much mustard as I could fit - in highsight - I should have done the Homer simpson thing and just took the whole tray...

Anyway, I saw the movie and couldn't speak for several minutes because of the skyscraper chilli mustard hot dog - but at least I got my money's worth.
Redcell
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 11:13:39 PM »

Theater? Does that include "Drive Ins"?  LOL!
aida
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 02:10:55 PM »

i think that its only bad if u are addicted to it for other people it may not be bad if they just use it to chill or relax.
odinn7

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 02:27:54 PM »

Thanks for the insight, aida.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 05:22:39 PM »

Damn search engines.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Eirik
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 09:22:59 PM »

"I sometimes bring a small block of cheese (more healthy) and use my pocket knife to cut off pieces but I'm always afraid that someone will spot me with a knife in my hand and get the wrong impression and alert security."

Helpful hint, ASHTHECAT: cut the cheese (heh heh) BEFORE you go to the theater.

"I've snuck in a whole bag full of Taco Bell burritos and tacos and drinks with some friends before."

Taco Bell was a movie staple for me in college before one night when I OD'd on Chilitos and Jack Daniels and took the big porcelain bus out for a spin.  Haven't even slowed down driving past a Taco Bell since.

"But I'd have to say the most outrageous thing my friends & I have brought into the movie theater was a large Papa John's pizza with drinks!  We had it cut "party style" into small squares and rearranged them so they wouldn't be smashed when the box was turned on end. And they weren't smashed either!  We even got some of those packets of parmesan cheese to put on it!"

The pizza is a good one, but again, if you took the time to cut the pizza a certain way, couldn't you have taken the time to put into a more easily concealed container or containers?

"What is the most outrageous food you've snuck into a theater?"

I snuck seven beers into Batman back in 1989.  My friends and I wanted to make a big production of it since that movie was so megahyped.  You may not think that such a big deal, but remember, it came out in the summer...  four in the shorts pockets, three rolled up in a sweatshirt.  Thanks to a big crowd and either the most clueless or apathetic ticket taker in cinematic history, I pulled it off.  As far as food goes, I microwaved a TV dinner (fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes with gravy, and cranberry sauce which I didn't eat) right before heading out to see Glory because I didn't have time for dinner.  I sort of half concealed it and again the clueless/apathetic ticket taker didn't say a word.  I forgot an eating utensil and spooned up the mashed potatoes with my fingers.
peter johnson
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 12:47:26 AM »

An entire rotisserie roasted chicken.  With a brown paper bag to throw the bones in.
William and Mary Hall in Williamsburg used to do double features on the weekends.  People would bring in bongs -- not just pipes or joints.
peter johnson/denny crane
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 06:29:28 AM »

I snuck a footlong hotdog in, but not much else.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 12:17:17 PM »

when I was a bit younger I used to carry a bookbag. Still do but not as big. About 4-5 of my friends used to buy wendys around the corner from the theater. I took all of their food in my bag. The b***h thing was the sodas. It was worse in the summer (no coat) so I used the big ass pockets in my jeans that could carry a meduim soda in each side pockets.  Bookbags really make things easier if your sneaking food to theaters if you don't have a coat cause it summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 12:54:50 PM »

My girlfriend would bring in a small bottle of Bacardi in her purse, then we'd buy a big glass of coke and drink a little bit, refill with rum, and sit back and enjoy.  Oh, we were such rule-breakers!

Archivist
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »

We don't get 'theatre police' in Australia, at least not to the extent that many of you imply you get in the States.  Makes it easy to take in almost whatever you want.

I walked in to a theatre with a bag from Nando's, the Portuguese-style grilled chicken place.  Ate a big chicken burger, fries and Coke all while watching Collateral.  The bag made for a nice 'stuff catcher', which was cleanly disposed of after the movie.

I like the alcohol and Coke idea.  Might have to try that one day.  :-)

A bit OT, but in Australia it's not allowed to bring your own food to the racetrack.  My friends and I snuck in three two-litre bottles of distilled water, a loaf of bread and a freshly roasted chicken, all bought from the supermarket minutes before.  We made our own roast chicken sandwiches while watching the horses thunder past.  Ah, those were the days...

Eirik
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2005, 08:41:52 PM »

I dunno about Australia, but in the US, most first-run theaters make zero dollars from ticket sales - that all goes to the studios.  The only way theaters make money and stay open is through concession sales, so that's why they are understandably strict about people not bringing their own food.  It's also why a small box of popcorn (extremely cheap to make) costs $3 or more, forcing us to sneak in food.  To be honest, I've often bought a soda or candy at the movies just to send a little income their way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Outrageous Type of Food You've Snuck Into a Theater « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.