Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:26:36 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Comic book movies, and the actors you want to play them « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comic book movies, and the actors you want to play them  (Read 5590 times)
N. E. Moses
« on: July 07, 2001, 09:13:37 AM »

Hi, y'all.  I got another one for ya.  With a string of movies coming out based on comic book in the near future, and me being a BIG comic fan, I'm thinking of actors who be best playing these characters (you can even give your opinion about those actors who played in recent movies too).  The Spider-man movie coming out next year, i'm loving it and to tell the truth, I thought Chris O'Donald  would have been a shoe in as Peter Parker.  But, they gave it to Tobey Maguire, which is, uh...OK  I guess.  Anyway here are just a few of what I'm talking about (three of them are not comics, but I like them):

A-Team (WOOHOO)

Blade 2

Iron Man

Batman Beyond (rumors has it that Freddie Prinze Jr. is playing Batman/Terry Maginnis

Hulk

Fantastic Four

Matrix 2&3 (?)

Terminator 3 (remember that whole milking thing)
Will
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2001, 12:05:46 PM »

I want Louie Anderson to play the Blob in X-Men 2.
Abby
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2001, 04:26:12 PM »

On my message board, we fired Darren Aronofsky from Batman Year One, hired John Woo, and cast Chow Yun Fat as Batman.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2001, 12:17:19 PM »

It's not going to happen in a million years, but Warner Brothers should let Bruce Campbell play Superman in the proposed new movie stuck in development hell.      
         He'd be just perfect with his goofy charm and all American good looks and square jaw.It's just not gonna happen in reality. Warners will choose a '' name '' actor.
      Oh, and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor too.
Guitarwolf
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2001, 12:44:06 PM »

Batman & Robin - Played by Jay(Robin) and Silent Bob(Batman)
Superman - Played by Eric Estrada
Wonderwoman - Starring Rupal
She Hulk - China from WWF as She Hulk
Diabolik - Remade by Tsui Hark(I'm actually serious about this one)
Flash Gordon - starring David Hasselhoff
N. E. Moses
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2001, 09:48:36 PM »

Come to think of it, I can see Chyna playing She Hulk.  She definatly got the build for it.  Just give here some platform boots, and she's in.
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2001, 10:14:16 PM »

Rupaul and Jay & Silent Bob. . . very interesting choices, yet they somehow make sense.
Personally, I'd love to see a Johnny The Homicidal Maniac movie (done RIGHT, no lame pure-violence crap), but I can't imagine who would play him. Some starved famine victim?
Andrew
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2001, 10:21:06 PM »

FaerieOfDeath wrote:

Personally, I'd love to see a Johnny The Homicidal Maniac movie (done RIGHT, no lame pure-violence crap), but I can't imagine who would play him. Some starved famine victim?

Maybe Calista Flockhart if she cut her hair short?

Bada-bing!

Andrew
N. E. Moses
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2001, 12:44:10 AM »

Bruce Campbell as Clark Kent/Superman, very interesting and I can him wearing those imfamous glasses but, now that you mentioned him, I could see him playing Bruce Wayne/Batman.  He has that debonerie (I hate french) look to him, with that squared jaw of course.  And, if it did happen(you're right, never in a million years), he could play it better than George Clooney.
Hairzilla
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2001, 01:22:03 AM »

I would like to see someone, with the utmost respect for the charcters, their histories, costumes, etc...make a faithful screen adaption of "The Dark Knight Returns".  As far as casting someone to fit the BIG image of Batman as drawn by Frank Miller: Scott Steiner. Put him through intense acting lessons, give him that mean lookin' version of the Bat-suit, and turn him loose!
Mofo Rising
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2001, 02:13:24 AM »

Well, Bruce Campbell could certainly play the part of Clark Kent to a T.  Check him out in THE HUDSUCKER PROXY as a newsroom reporter to see what I'm talking about.  I also think that he'd make an intersting Superman, although I see it as being a little more tongue-in-cheek than the audience would care for.  Superman pretty much serves himself up as an icon to the mass of the movie-going public, and anything else than outright sincerity is doomed to failure.  But that's just my opinion.

It's also my opinion that Nicholas Cage would have made an absolutely terrible Superman.  Thank God that fell through.

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac would probably best be played by an absolute unknown.  A cable animated show would be interesting.

For better or for worse, Wizard Magazine has a regular feature in which they cast comic books for the big screeen.  They usually do a pretty good job of it, if a bit unrealistic.

Here's a question: With the new PLANET OF THE APES movie upping the ante in anthropomorphic animals, who would make a good Usagi Yojimbo?  What would the cast of Preacher look like?  Who could be big an a***ole enough to play Spider Jerusalem?  How about Rorschach?
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2001, 10:54:51 AM »

Any Astro City fans here? God, but they take their time between issues.....still, the most Eisneresque writting in superhero comics today. The story arc about the Old supervillen who wants to just go strait, and gets involved in a raw deal, would be perfect. Real "Dark knight Returns" kind of character work. The lead character looked so like Robert Mitchum, i heard his voice when i read his lines. If that could get a respectful treatment, i'd want to see it.
Hairzilla
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2001, 12:22:12 AM »

ROBOCOP VS TERMINATOR! With a good director at the helm, and a respectful translation [The KEY words here!] of the story into motion picture form, this would easily be one of the biggest blockbusters ever made! Arnie, of course, would have to again reprise his role as the original Terminator model, but I think that it would take a lot of effort to get Peter Weller to return as Robocop, as he seems to have no interest in ever doing it again...but hey, I can dream...

This four book series, written and drawn by Frank Miller of "The Dark Knight Returns" fame, was so incredible in it's merging of the details of both characters, and their respective histories, into one continuity that I can't recommend it enough to fans of either, or both, of the big guys! There is SO much coolness happening right from the outset that I hesitate to offer any kind of story synopsis which might inadvertantly contain "spoilers" for those who havn't yet read it! [And if you havn't, may "The Spawn Of The Slithis" jump out of your closet and grab you!] That being said, let me offer just this one, intriguing element:

Skynet realizes that the way to insure it's ultimate survival, and victory, over the human race lies with a certain, past technological breakthrough which LED TO its' [Skynet] being created....and he's busy keeping the streets of "Old Detroit" safe from crime!

Now, I might normally need nothin' but a good, Tokyo stompin' time, but tonight I think that I'm in the mood for a little "Detroit Rock City"!
Flangepart
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2001, 10:44:26 AM »

Ah, yes. That was a good one. Its hard to crossover some characters then others, but this one worked. Impressive...most impressive.
Chris
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2001, 10:08:45 PM »

To  N. E. Moses  the movie The Fantastic Four was in made in the 90's without  a movie release it whent to the video store. It starred Jay ( The Boy Who Could Fly) Underwood as Jonny Storm.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Comic book movies, and the actors you want to play them « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.