Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:47 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3-D Movies on Ebay « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3-D Movies on Ebay  (Read 1945 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 15, 2003, 03:17:14 PM »

Someone on Ebay is selling DVDs (foreign releases) of great 3-D movies like:

* HOUSE OF WAX

* FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART III

* DIAL M FOR MURDER

* ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN (AKA FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN)

And a few others. They are in the LCD polarized format. Here goes some more of my hard-earned money out the window . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 12:09:19 AM »

I could be wrong, but I heard those DVDs are actually LCD shutter format DVDs which have been CONVERTED from LCD videotapes.....aka "burned" to DVD.

Buyer BEWARE!

NOTE: I just checked some of the Ebay listings for a couple of the titles, and the descriptions say "These dvds will play in 99% of dvd players".....which means they're DVD-R discs.
/b]

Post Edited (07-16-03 00:12)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
The Burgomaster

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 08:36:34 AM »

They definitely ARE the LCD shutter format (I bought the special glasses and converter a few months ago, along with a few DVDs).

I'm not sure if they were originally tapes that were burned onto DVDs . . . but even if they are, there is no other way to get these movies in 3-D, so I might buy 1 or 2 and see how good they are.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2003, 07:17:09 AM »

I received these DVDs and watched them yesterday.

* ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN - It appears that this DVD was transferred from a VHS tape (the quality is about the same as VHS). The picture is a bit scratchy in a few spots, and jumps occasionally (as though 1 or 2 frames of film were missing). But the field sequential 3-D works very well. Thankfully, it is a widescreen version. Nice gore effects, too.

* HOUSE OF WAX - I think this is a Japanese VCD. The picture quality is very good (significantly better than WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN) and the 3-D works very well. I recommend this one if you have the field sequential 3-D kit with the special shutter glasses.

This Ebay seller is from Canada. She also offers these 3-D movies: PARASITE, SPACEHUNTER, TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, and JAWS 3-D.

She also sells some regular 2-D movies like THEY LIVE and a few others.

I received my order about a week after I paid for it.

KINGDINOSAUR
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2003, 08:49:21 PM »

Depending on which part of the country you live in I'd use my extra money to go here:

http://www.3dfilmfest.com/

Begins September 12th and runs until the 21st.  The stuff wishful dreams are made of.
Jack
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 04:57:07 AM »

New payment on eBay.
It is my links on iKobo.
https://www.ikobo.com/ref.cgi?r=ZV638306RU
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 09:31:26 AM »

This isn't spam, is it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3-D Movies on Ebay « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.