Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:04:27 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Music? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Music?  (Read 2489 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 16, 2003, 07:57:59 PM »

I just got the new "best of" compilation of Deadbolt (a hilarious psychobilly band from California), and it ocurred to me that it would probably appeal to the b-movie set, with titles like "Zulu Death Mask" and "Twang Zombie." What are some other musical equivalents of b-movies, either because they're "so bad they're good" (The Shaggs, William Shatner, Wesley Willis) or because they share a similar aesthetic?

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
wuggles451
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »

melt bannana - Japanese hardcore band there is about 3 seconds of everyone of their songs that is actually lisenable
the nekromantix - also a psychobilly band most of there songs are about monsters/macbre things
the scientist - this is a prize in my cd collection dub reggea artist his albums generrally have a theme the album i own is luckily about mummies vampires zombies etc

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 10:51:58 PM »

Brad fiedels music for the terminator in my opinion, falls into this catagory of being so bad its good. Unfortunately the music isnt easy to get out of your head, like the many bad gamera songs.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 11:12:49 PM »

Dude...the TERMINATOR theme rules...as does the ROBOCOP theme...

Wow...3 posts (including the starting one) and no mention of the kings of b-movie related music, THE MISFITS? For shame!

Rob Zombie also bases a lot of his songs (from White as well) on old b-movies. Hell, WHITE ZOMBIE is the name of an old movie. And Rob's hit song "Living Dead Girl" is also the name of a b-grade zombie flick.

Rob's brother's band, PowerMan 5000, bases a lot of their songs on old comic books and sci-fi flicks.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 01:59:10 AM »

Bastard, you used my example, the Nekromantix.  They rock.  Who Killed the Cheerleader is my favorite song of theirs, I think.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
petrol lunatic
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 02:15:23 AM »

If you like Who Killed the Cheerleader by Nekromantix, you should hear Technicolor Nightmare, Bloody Holiday or Monster Movie Fan, or just buy one of their cds.
Also any psychobilly band-Nekromantix, Mad Sin, Demeted Are Go, Small Town Pimps, Asmodeus, and a bunch of other bands that I like.

Post Edited (07-17-03 02:20)

and soon you will feel it
while the wind is blowing and the blood is boiling
it won't be no dream and no one will hear you scream
crawling out of the dark
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 07:55:19 AM »

My #1 pick would have to be Rocket From The Grave.

Great little rockabilly/ska/punk/hardcore band that sings mainly about the old horror icons I.E. Dracula, etc.  Really catchy stuff.

Someone else mentioned The Scientist.  First got my taste of his music in Grand Theft Auto 3.  Fantastic style.

Also, Vermin Boy mentioned Wesley Willis who is another favorite of mine.  How awesome is it to listen to a 300 pound black guy who thinks he has demons in his head sing?  

"I WHOOPED BATMAN'S ASSSSS!"-Rock On Wesley!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 10:37:28 AM »

If you like Wesley Willis, try to track down some stuff by Wild Man Fischer, a similarly insane street singer discovered and produced by Frank Zappa in the 60s (and later Barnes & Barnes).

Rock over London. Rock on, Chicago.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 11:44:51 PM »

My buddy bought this really cheap cd (like 2 for 2 dollars or something crazy like that) and one of the bands was called Gaye Bikers on Acid.  It was the weirdest and most awful music i had ever heard in my life.  They are definetly B-music, with the most B-Movie (or X-rated movie) title ever!

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 01:23:51 AM »

Eh, don't you mean Rocket from the Crypt?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 07:46:52 AM »

Yup, you're right Bro R.

I usually type these posts around 7 in the morning when I first get to work.  Sometimes things get jumbled.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Music? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.