Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:43:54 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Without Warning « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Without Warning  (Read 2532 times)
GhostMutt
« on: July 17, 2003, 07:26:01 AM »

Hi. Wondering if you;ve ever heard of a movie called 'Without Warning'.

Stars Jack Palance and Martin Landau, and is about Flying alien frisbees that eat people.
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 09:24:14 AM »

No, its about an alien hunter from outer space (Just like PREDATOR only this movie came out first) who uses these flying fanged frisbees as weapons. The alien itself remains unseen until the 3 minutes of the movie and there's a good reason why because its really silly looking. Imagine a 7-foot version of one of those COMMUNION aliens only with this facial expression that makes it seem like it should be snorting cocaine in the Studio 54 bathroom. Ironically, it too was played by the late Kevin Peter Hall, who also played the Predator.

Decent movie. Not great. Slow at times. Goofy at others.
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 01:11:33 PM »

WITHOUT WARNING was released in 1981 by the Filmways Pictures company, which was a subsidiary of the defunct American International Pictures. WITHOUT WARNING was released uncut in 1981, then was re-released as IT CAME...WITHOUT WARNING! in 1982 by Filmways in a cut version.

MGM, who has bought the American International Pictures and Filmways Pictures vaults, claims they have the uncut version of WITHOUT WARNING and was recently shown on TV in it's uncut form.

Hopefully, a DVD is on it's way.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 07:18:53 PM »

I've always liked this movie. I thought it was pretty creepy at the time.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 08:47:56 AM »

I saw WITHOUT WARNING on HBO or Showtime many, many years ago. It was one of the "late night" features. It is a monumental piece of crap . . . PERFECT for late night viewing!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
pitchshifter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 10:55:58 PM »

When my parents bought us our first VCR in 1981, they rented us this and Halloween.  Its been about 24 years since i last saw it, but i remember it being terribly macabre in a psycho B movie kinda way.  Great flick for the horror fan.
claws
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 02:43:35 AM »

Rewatched this last night and it's still a fun b-ride. Less cheese than director Greydon Clark's other movie Uninvited (1988) but still cheesy enough for a few chuckles.
A shame this never got a decent DVD release though. I don't even think they released this on video in the U.S. back in the day either.
Either way, it's worth tracking down. 3.5/5 Cheese

Jack Slater
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »

Predator is a remake! sheesh, where have I been. honeslty, I didn't know of this until recently watching Without Warning. I gotta say, it ain't all bad either. Most of the dialogue is heavy handed and rather silly. Some of the roles such as Palance and Landau chew up the scenary well enough. There's a lot of running around and some pretty dumb acts by all participants. As stated above the alien makes it's true visual appreance in the last 10 minutes of the film. The design isn't awful too, kind of creepy if you ask me. There's some very good ideas which leaded to one of my all time favorite action films Predator. The very basic plotline is a cut and paste. Alien comes down to hunt humans for trophies. has special weapons not of this world. I particularly like the concept of the alien having organic weapons, hanging his trophies up in a small barn and his interest with adult humans (Dangerous Game style) and not animals or children (another concept Predator used). We never get to see a ship (the budget obviously wasn't there) yet it doesn't feel as if this is missing from the overall idea the film is putting forth. The last 15 minutes is a blast.   
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »

I remember this and THE CHILDREN coming to the drive-in theater near where I grew up back in the day, both released around the same time to that venue.  I didn't see them until several years later, and they are both off the scale in terms of badness.  But definitely fun to watch for the glorious cheese they provide.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Without Warning « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.