Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:45:47 AM
714324 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  silly movies or shows that scared us as kids V2.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: silly movies or shows that scared us as kids V2.0  (Read 5398 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2003, 04:26:24 AM »

I probably posted these last time;

Lost in Space - The episode with lots of fog, Dr. Smith trying to contact his dead relative and an invisible creature making disembodied footprints.

Twilight Zone - Terror at 20,000 Feet, when Shatner sees the gremlin with its face pressed against the window. For a long time I was afraid to look out the window at night.

Some bigfoot movie - A guy goes into the bathroom, sits of the toilet and a big, hairy arm comes in the open window next to him and starts feeling around.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2003, 12:23:18 PM »

johnl, i remember the bigfoot one from last time...bigfoot attacking a guy on a toilet, who could forget that one.

another one i remember someone posting last time were those two pink and blue "yep yep yep yep aha aha aha" muppets from Seseme Street.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 03:17:32 PM »

Night of the Living Dead scared the Beejesus out of me when i was about 5 or 6 years old ( the origional George Romero 1968 ) I remember running around and screaming like a wild animal when the little girl started hacking her mother in the face down in the basement. Also, The Mummy with Boris Karloff simply horrified me as a child ( the scene near the beginning when the hand reaches for a scroll or something)
But now I adore these and other movies very much. They bring me joy and pleasure beyond words ( of course a little "smoke" helps with the joy and pleasure).

I salute thee, B movies, for ye give me strength and hope!!!!!!!

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 02:04:55 AM »

Prophecy (John Frankenheimer, mutant bear) scared the hell out of me when I was young.
Also, the Doctor Who episode Face of Evil where they force the doctor to stand over the pit of poisonous trilobites left a lasting and disturbing impression on my mind.  If I recall my memories and not what the scene actually looks like now, it's still kinda creepy for some reason.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 12:54:57 PM »

The two Doctor Who stories that scared me as a kid were the one with the Zygons (bulging, veiny and octopus-like, with organic-looking technology), and the Brain of Morbius, in which an evil time lord's brain is placed in a Frankenstein monster made of various alien parts. Both are now among my favourite episodes. I now find them a lot of fun for the same reasons they scared me before. The monsters are completely over the top, with that unique Dr. Who cheesiness.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
I luv dolma
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 11:43:27 PM »

Believe it or not, as a kid, I would have problems going to sleep at night because of the original Carnosaur. (I didn't see the seques till recently). That movie scared the s**t out of me, but now I watch it all the time. The scene where the gaien got ripped from the bulldozer got me. Carnosaur is one of my fav b movies now.

I was also afraid from Killer Clowns From Outer Space. But a lot of people say they were afraid of that movie when they were young. And to think the main guy went to appear in Raptor. Man! I love that film!

And then there are the Jason ad Freddy films. But everyone is afraid of those when they are young, well some atleast. There are some that are afraid even now. As for me, I can't wait for Freddy vs. Jason.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2003, 10:56:17 AM »

There was a Popeye cartoon with marching cavemen (they  looked like hairy ostriches with clubs) - I could hear them marching up the stairs outside my room at night - I would hold my breath, but I knew they would hear my heart beating, it was so loud!  

Man, I would sweat...terrified.  Thought I would die of fright.  Beats me as to why.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
darkautumn
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 11:39:18 AM »

Wow, looks like the PBS network was responsible for scaring a lot of us as kids. There used to be a segment on "Sesame Street" way back in the early seventies that would show an EXTREME close-up of the skin of a tomatoe (all "sweaty" and everything) and then a human hand (you could see every single pore) to the accompaniment of some weird synthesizer music. The visuals and the freaky music terrified me at age three. Also, the classic "Star Trek" episode "The Lights of Zetar" freaked me out the first time I saw it as a kid-the scene where the dying woman is trying to speak and her speech is all slowed and distorted; then she turns a few different colors and kicks. Brrrrrrr.......
         And hey, Mr. Henry-that PBS show you mentioned-was it called "Hodge Podge Lodge?"
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 12:27:59 PM »

darkautumn wrote:

>          And hey, Mr. Henry-that PBS show you mentioned-was it
> called "Hodge Podge Lodge?"

i don't think so. i don't remember anything "lodge"-like about the woman's house. this was on pbs in south dakota but i'm not sure if it was produced locally or not. i did look up Hodge Podge Lodge on jumptheshark and nothing there sparked any memories. however, if the show had a pink bunny that entered an empty house, then that most likely is it. the bunny is about all i remember though...also, this would have been around '75 to '77 or so...

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2003, 12:28:34 AM »

Ok, when I was young (like 8), I recall channel surfing.  I ran across some horrible looking robot with antlers and it scared the bejesus out of me.  In my later years I found out it was one of the robots from Mystery Science Theater 2000.  It took TONS of convincing to even get me to watch that show in my teens, becuz I remember being so freaked out by that deer robot evil bastard.  Then after I watched the show, I wondered why I was so scared of that stupid thing that cracks wisecracks.  But alas, I still do not own any MST movies and have only watched a couple.  

The irony of all this is, in the same time period I watched Poltergeist, Friday the 13th, etc and was not scared at all, in fact I jolly well laughed at them.

Boy I was a demented child,
Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Lady Elaine Fairchild
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2003, 12:01:19 PM »

Lady Elaine Fairchild was the name of that creepy doll from Mr. Rogers.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2003, 12:37:27 PM »

Wizard of Oz, when Dorthy is looking her Annte Anne in the Crystal Ball and The Wicked Witch appears in the crystal ball with her witches kackle. I would see it every years and would know when the scene was coming and I would hide beside the TV and maybe peek to catch a glimpse.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2003, 12:39:41 PM »

The movie CARRIE when the hand would come out of the grave at the end.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2003, 01:42:25 PM »

Those were the Goons. From where we got the the word goon.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  silly movies or shows that scared us as kids V2.0 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.