Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:04:01 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rat Pfink A Boo Boo « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rat Pfink A Boo Boo  (Read 1592 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 24, 2003, 10:13:30 PM »

Does anyone know whether the DVD of this movie will have any special features? I'll get it either way (it ranks among my all-time favorite b-movies), but a commentary from Steckler would make it really special.

"You there! Fight crime!"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Chris K.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 09:38:44 AM »

When I heard Shriek Show was releasing RAT PFINK A BOO BOO on DVD, I contacted the company and asked what special features are on the DVD. I got an e-mail back from John Sierabella, who told me that their was going to be an audio commentary,-video interviews with Ray Dennis Steckler and trailers. But that is what I know so far and these priorities might have changed now. But, let's hope it all true.

Also, RAT PFINK A BOO BOO is also going to be presented in widescreen. Considering that the film was shot in 16mm format, I would assume that it would be in the aspect ratio of 1.66:1 with anamorphic enhancement. But what is even better about it is you can throw away your old video versions that were transferred from tattered 35mm prints, as Shriek Show's release is restored from the original camera negative. So better picture quality will possibly bless us as well.

Either way, I am excited about it. And, Shriek Show is working on Steckler's LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE MONSTERS (1964), a title that I have heard some very good things said about it.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 01:38:20 PM »

Now, we just need a DVD release of THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bernie
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 03:28:16 PM »

That would be SOOOOO sweet.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 03:59:05 PM »

Those trailers will be a treat-- We'll finally have an answer to "How the hell did they market this thing?"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 12:41:33 AM »

I do hope that Shriek Show, who seems to be quite burned out due to their various Euro-cult horror titles, seems to be taking a u-turn with Steckler titles RAT PHINK A BOO BOO and THE LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE MONSTERS.
One does hope that Shriek Show will release THE THRILL KILLERS (1963), THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES (1965), and THE CHOOPER (1971, both U.S. Theatrical cut and "Director's Cut") from original negative and nicely conditioned prints. Considering their cult status, it would be great to see these titles restored and remastered. Yet one has to wonder if Shriek Show is really searching for these titles and if so proper care must be handled with.

Again, when RAT PHINK A BOO BOO is out and about I am sure as hell going to buy it and will review it here so that way you know you will get your moneys worth or not. Also expect a review of Lucio Fulci's long-awaited A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN (1971) and the Joe D'Amato/Claudio Lazaenti's KILLING BIRDS (1987).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rat Pfink A Boo Boo « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.