Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:14:15 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All in the name of art... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All in the name of art...  (Read 2878 times)
JS
« on: July 08, 2001, 11:41:12 PM »

Has anyone seen Andy Warhol's "Flesh for Frankenstein"?  I thought it a rather outlandish interpretation of the venerable creature and his creator.  I guess Warhol was being "artistic".  I think he also did a version of Dracula that was equally pathetic.
Dr. Freex
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2001, 11:55:29 PM »

Actually, Warhol has only a producer credit.  Paul Morrissey is the director (with a co-credit to Antonio Marghereti).  Warhol's named got slapped on a lot of Morrissey's films. like Bad, Trash, Heat, and (of course) Blood for Dracula.
Chris
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2001, 12:20:47 AM »

Yeah i borrowed it from this one dude a long time ago. 30 minutes into it i was like- "YAWN!." And that was the end of my fling with Warhol film's, i've heard they all stink pretty bad, of course this guy did paint cambel soup cans.
popman
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2001, 06:07:38 AM »

The dracula adaptation of Warhol is called "blood for dracula" I think.

starring Udo Kier as a ill vampire dying slowling because of lack of fresh virgin blood.

Very interesting adaptation. I think it's a french english production or something like that.

You can see dracula vomitting non-virgin blood and crying for not finding pure girls... lol
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2001, 02:41:46 PM »

Probably the worst example of Warhol's "art" movies is "Chelsea Girls" which clocks in at a terrifying three and a half hours.  In cinemas it required two side-by-side projectors, each showing different, unconnected footage. The sacrifices that have to be made in the name of "art" - don't you just love 'em?
mr Raffles(champion cricketer)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2001, 06:37:16 PM »

i loved "trash" and "heat" the characters were very decadent and silly in a John Waters type of way.
peter johnson
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2001, 07:31:06 PM »

God, Raffles, do you really play cricket?  Remember Doug Adams' revelation of cricket as a recreation of ancient genocidal warfare?
When viewing Warhol, it's important to distinguish between things he really did -- some of which are cool in a dada/surreal way -- and stuff he just put his name on, like the Velvet Underground.
Some of it sucks royally, but he intended for it to -- one of his experiments was with boredom & how it can be willfully inflicted/what is it really/etc.  More interesting than he's given credit for, some of his stuff is at least as intriguing as Marcel Duchamp's
Steve.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2001, 01:23:02 PM »

Douglas Adams knew what he was talking about. You can probably hear the Australians celebrating their latest massacre of the English over in the US.
mr Raffles(champion cricketer)
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2001, 03:22:44 PM »

I'll take warhol over Duchamp simply for the Pop element.  Duchamp eventually gave up Art for chess, which isn't surprising considering the heady nature of his work.  I like both though.  And Tango and Cash
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All in the name of art... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.