Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:00 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What cartoon would you remake « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What cartoon would you remake  (Read 6664 times)
N. E. Moses
« on: July 09, 2001, 02:53:15 AM »

After reading Chadzilla's topic, it got me thinking, what about cartoons that were just awful or what we took for granted as kids?  

Thundercats is one such cartoon I took for granted.  The animation is fairly good (why it doesn't look like its opening, is a mystery), but the dialogue is utter crap. If it were up to me, I change the dialogue, and kill Snarf he's so goddam annoying
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2001, 04:04:05 AM »

This puts me in an awkward situation.  Most of the cartoons I loved as a kid have been remade.  I'm currently sitting down the barrel of a feature length live action Scooby Doo movie.  I might as well eat a giant Scrappy Doo doo-doo burrito.

I'd like to see an old-school Transformer cartoon redone.  None of this Beast Wars crap.  Robots fighting robots that turn into different robots.  That's what I want to see.

I'd also like to see a new-school G.I. Joe.  What currently passes for jingoistic patriotism these days?
Ken Begg
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2001, 10:12:36 AM »

Herculoids.
Chadzilla
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2001, 11:08:26 AM »

I'd do Scooby-Doo, but the movie I'd want to make has been done...Scooby-Doo on Monster Island.  Great sequel to the show with a knock-out homage opening.

I want Wilie E Coyote back also.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2001, 11:28:35 AM »

Wile E. Coyote but only if Chuck Jones does it. I love Space Ghost Coast to coast. How about the same guys get ahold of , oh, say, The lone Ranger or superfriends....or, have they?
Gerry
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2001, 12:28:42 PM »

Am I the only one who misses He-Man and She-Ra?

And what about Thundarr the Barbarian?

That Conan the Barbarian cartoon that had a short run in the early-90s was cool.

And please, please bring back Dungeons and Dragons!
guitarwolf
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2001, 01:03:04 PM »

I was going to mention Thundar the Barbarian and Herculoids, but  some of you beat me to it.
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2001, 01:36:03 PM »

Ah, He-Man and She-Ra.  They were my heroes as a kid, I've even sat through that god-awful Christmas Special.  
But the cartoon I'd really love to see remade would have to be Rainbow Brite. The result (if done to my satisfaction, of course) would be the most trippy thing in existence and all my stoner friends would be begging to watch it.  Btw, my raver cousin played a happy hardcore version of the theme song for me a few days back and if anyone feels like being a pirate and downloading it, it's definitely worth it.  
RAINBOW BRITE, SEE THE SHINING LIGHT. . . ..!
Major Kong
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2001, 04:12:30 PM »

How about Galaxy High!  How great would that be..the inter-galactic version of Degrassi High...
Definately Rainbow Brite and Thundercats...but who would play Liono or Cheetara?
Steve.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2001, 04:54:25 PM »

UKs Roobarb and Custard - a dog takes insane delight in tormenting a luvverly liddle puddy-cat.
Mr.Smashy
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2001, 05:47:10 PM »

This will date me as younger, but I would want to see Exosquad redone. Terrible hair, stupid clothes (etc...) but it was the first non-japanese war cartoon I remember seeing that people died in. By the Hundreds!  I though...wow...a war where they actually take loses? Where people (besides robots) die? Great stuff.
mr Raffles
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2001, 06:33:27 PM »

It's on at like 5 in the morning.  I saw one the other day where Eric and presto were arguing, as usual.  Who am I: eeeeeeeeeeee! EEEE-eeee-eee!" Uni of course, you idiot.  I'd like to bring back a bunch of cartoons that  would make no sense now like Pac-Man.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2001, 07:12:15 PM »

How about "El Hombre" from Pee-Wee's Playhouse? (If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'm impressed. :)
Andrew
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2001, 12:21:02 AM »

"Star Blazers" in a heartbeat.

Andrew
Hero-man and Sidekick-boy
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2001, 02:48:07 PM »

CLERKS CARTOON! RETURN THE CLERKS CARTOON!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What cartoon would you remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.