Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:36:36 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should be destroyed - « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Movies that should be destroyed -  (Read 8405 times)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2003, 10:48:11 AM »

I have read Tolkien's works, and I think Jackson has done a great job so far.

BTW, I hated ROAD TO PERDITION and CROUCHING TIGER.....
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2003, 12:27:27 PM »

Dead/Alive should have earned Peter Jackson a Nobel Prize, an ambassadorship, or a free meal at Denny's. The greatest fricking movie ever made.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2003, 12:51:39 AM »

...how DARE you call me a troll? I consider myself a semi-regular here on Andrew's board....if you bothered checking through some threads here and there, you'd notice that. I also happen to know Andrew and several other regulars/semi-regulars who post here, because we also post on other boards.

I didn't find Featherman's question humorous at all....and if you indeed thought (if for a moment) that it WAS intended in humor, then why make that simultaneous (and asinine) comment about "two trolls" and insinuating that I might be Featherman's "buddy"?

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Why is a hypothetical and intentionally over-the-top question
> intended to spark humorous conversation idiotic and asinine?
> Two trolls on the same thread in this short a time?  Must be a
> record.  You're not Featherman's buddy by any chance, are you?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2003, 02:47:11 AM »

Y'know, I notice this kind of thing happens here more often than it should.  Some dumbass comes along, says something to rile everyone up, and we're all at each other's throats.  
Krieger, if knowing Andrew consists of posting on other boards with him, then I know him too.  Hell, we've met at B-Fest.  If you know him personally, then I misunderstood.  As for knowing you're a semi-regular (isn't that an oxymoron?), no I didn't.  I don't usually read through old posts that have gone off the main page, and furthermore I rarely even pay attention to who said what unless they say something that p**ses me off or that I think is really cool and deserves a personal response.  I read new threads as the subject line interests me, not by who wrote it.  In fact, I didn't even realize that Feather guy started this thread until you pointed it out.  I viewed your dubbing of the thread "asinine" as an insult to everyone who had posted on it saying they too were asinine, so that's what flagged me to your name.
These misunderstandings happen when the only medium of communication between a group of people, especially one this large, is a screen with some typing on it.  Typed words have no personality, and it's damn near impossible at times to gauge what someone means when they say something.
So, aside from the bit about Tolkien Hippies, I apologise if I said something off the cuff that upset anyone while I was p**sed about this immature crap .  That's never my intention on this board.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
English Football Hooligan
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2003, 06:41:14 AM »

How dare you call Bad Taste rubbish! If you said that to my face I'd kick  you in the willie! Stick your bloody feather up your arse you stinking wanker pig!
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2003, 09:09:20 AM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Y'know, I notice this kind of thing happens here more often
> than it should.  Some dumbass comes along, says something to
> rile everyone up, and we're all at each other's throats.

Exactly what a dumbass troll does, right? :-)

> Krieger, if knowing Andrew consists of posting on other boards
> with him, then I know him too.

Exactly that....from other boards, and Andy and I have communicated very well all around.

> As for knowing
> you're a semi-regular (isn't that an oxymoron?), no I didn't.
> I don't usually read through old posts that have gone off the
> main page, and furthermore I rarely even pay attention to who
> said what unless they say something that p**ses me off or that
> I think is really cool and deserves a personal response.  I
> read new threads as the subject line interests me, not by who
> wrote it.

I do the same thing on boards....only reading through threads that interest me...but if you've been on a board long enough, you'd have to run into a person's name a few times now and then, which is why I made that comment.

> In fact, I didn't even realize that Feather guy started this thread until you pointed it out.

Kinda hard to miss that, since his post and his name are the first ones in this thread.

> I viewed your
> dubbing of the thread "asinine" as an insult to everyone who
> had posted on it saying they too were asinine, so that's what
> flagged me to your name.

Oh, I never meant that at all.....my first reply here was directed at Feather, not everyone else. :-)

> These misunderstandings happen when the only medium of
> communication between a group of people, especially one this
> large, is a screen with some typing on it.  Typed words have no
> personality, and it's damn near impossible at times to gauge
> what someone means when they say something.

ABSOLUTELY! It's entirely a personal, subject thing, isn't it? When I react to someone's post on a board, I always try to get myself to "react" as soon as a post or reply opens up before me...I think there's more problems involved if one lingers on a message for too long and tries to "analyze" it. One usually ends up getting more p**sed off than when one reacts to the immediate reading.

> So, aside from the bit about Tolkien Hippies, I apologise if I
> said something off the cuff that upset anyone while I was
> p**sed about this immature crap .  That's never my intention on
> this board.
>
> Brother R

No prob.....Big, macho hugs and a slap on the back! :-)

....and that was a bunch of immature crap, wasn't it?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
dean
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2003, 10:40:05 AM »

i can't believe people would go out of their way to attack even the lowest of the low films.

regarding lord of the rings, i am a big fan of both the books and the films, the films, whilst enjoyed thouroughly by me, left me fairly annoyed with the lack of some details in the films, but i highly commend jackson for fitting in as much as he could in the short amount of time he had [each book could easily have a trilogy for themselves].   i quite agree with the point that novels made into movies always tend to be different and should be judged on their seperate merits.

now as for fast and furious: i will always automatically hate this film for ripping off legend of speed, right down to the slightly 'odd' computer mechanic guy, but i enjoyed the effort and didn't think it to be so bad [considering the horrible scriptwriting]  so therefore i think we should all be in agreement that films made purely for greed and all else is forgotten in the making of them, [such as actual effort in the script]  should be disregarded as purile trash, and little attention should be given to them at all.

and yes there is a difference between greed-trash and just trash like braindead.  that kind of trash is the stuff you can watch many times over [fantastic, though i can see why people may not like it, i don't think telling that to a bunch of b-movies fans to be an especially wise move!]

cheers  :D
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2003, 02:18:33 PM »

.......just repeat to yourself, "It's just a message board, I should really just relax".........

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2003, 02:22:24 PM »

I've got an idea! all of you turn off your computers for a while, go out and get some air.....and then watch "Killdozer" or "I Spit on your Grave" or something, jeeez!!!!!

Post Edited (08-03-03 14:32)

Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)

Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2003, 02:57:39 PM »

I've seen every one of his films. They ALL reminded me of a kindergardener that's been handed an old polaroid instant camera and told to go take pictures of his "happy suprise" he's made in the "john" that morning.

Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should be destroyed - « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.