Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:52:10 PM
714250 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My recent movie viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My recent movie viewings  (Read 1098 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 04, 2003, 03:32:32 AM »

I just rented 4 movies.I've watched 3 so far still havn't twatched the forth.
The movies I rented are
Shanghi Knights
The Believer
Despiser
Dark Blue(This one I havn't watched yet)
Ok lets start the reviews with shanghi knights.Now I liked Shanghi Noon.,it was funny and had some great fight scenes.Shanghi Knights was on ther other hand dissaponiting.It was no were near as funny as the first one and the fight scenes were rather tame and boring to watch, except for the final fight scene, I would have to say it was probably one of the coolest sword fight scenes ive seen in a while.The movie it self wasn't bad, but its problems were large and glaring.The writers put in some well recognized but rather un- needed carectors, you should pick them up pretty easy through out the movie.One is a pick pocketing orphan(this was the only opne I couldn't figure out),a scotland yard inspector who want to be a writer and a infamous london serial killer.I don't really understand why they put these charectors in, they seemed rather pointless and didn't really do anything for the story.
I give Shanghi Knights **1/2 stars
The second movie is called The Believer.Wow what a impresive yet f**ked up movie this was.Any one who like American History X should like this movie.
The movie main charector is a(belive it or not) Jewish Neo-Nazi. Danny is his name and he is just as racist and hatefull as was Eric Vinyard in American History X.What sparks this young Jew to become so violently hatefull against even his own race is some thing that you will have to see.The Believer is one of those movies that really moves you while watching it,now im not racist but in a way I could almost feel for Danny in his situation.I do not believe for what he did, but I did fell sorry for him because he hated so much what he was.Through the course of the movie you watch Danny beliefs as a Neo-Nazi and a Jew collied with one anouther.This invetably leads Danny to face his own hatred and his own people.
I give The Believer ***1/2 stars
My finnal review is for you people who like bad b-movies.
The Despiser is by no means a good movie.The acting is terrible,the graphics are terrible and the directing is terrible, but somehow all these elements make the movie some what enjoyable to watch, yet it is recomened that you should be stoned off your ass while watching it.
The movie stars a man named Gordon who has run onto hard times.He is fired from his job and being unable to pay the rent his wife decides to leave him.So what does everyone do in these situations?They get drunk and start recklessly driving down the highway.Gordon being very drunk is doing just this and on his way down the highway, couple kids suddenly run out in front of his car (dont ask me why these kids are by them selves on a highway they just are)Gordon swerves to miss the kids and runs right into the gard rail.
Now I feel I should explain something about the special effects in this movie.About 90% of the settings are computer generated and badly at that.The special effects are really amatuer, but yet this seems to add its own surreal effect on the movie.Its kinda like watching a video game.Now the rest of the sets are either set in apartments are in a badly put together set which looks like it was made out of card board and what ever else they dragged out of the director and producer apartment dumpsters.
Well back to the story.Gordon then wakes up to find him self in purgatory surronded by evil shadow men.These shadow men work for a evil demon named the Despiser.The leader of the shadow men atempts to turn Gordon into a slave,but he is suddenly rescued by some friendly souls who are also in trapped in puragatory.After this they drive off to some warehouse were they attempt to spend the night.Unfortunatly they are attacked again and in the fire fight that follows Gordon suddenly dissapears.
Apparently Gordon has just had a near death experince and returns to the mortal realm.Unfortunatly for him the Despiser and his shadow men seem to think that can some how travel back and forth between purgatory and the mortal world.So to make a long story short they kidnap Gordons wife hold her hostage,Gordon dies again goes back to purgatory,some nuclear bombs go off the Despiser is destroyed, Gordon and his wife is revived and every one lives happily ever after.
Well although this movie was not a good movie in someways it was enjoyable.If you are looking for a B-movie to watch pick this one up and check it out.
I give it ** stars

Smells like popcorn and shame
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 10:18:27 AM »

I really hated THE BELIEVER, it seemed like a really bad copy of AMERICAN HISTORY X....barely sat through it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My recent movie viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.