Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:17:25 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should have had sequels « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies that should have had sequels  (Read 8640 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 04, 2003, 06:17:07 PM »

We talk quite a bit about good movies that were followed by terrible sequels. How about movies that SHOULD have had sequels, but the sequels were never made? Does anyone have any suggestions?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 06:23:56 PM »

Remo Williams
The Sword and the Sorceror
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
Hawk the Slayer
When World's Collide
Screamers (the newer one with Peter Weller)

We always needed a good prequel to "Highlander."  Notice that I said "good."

Most of these are films that hinted at a sequel, but never delivered.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 06:29:08 PM »

Thank GOD that one never got a sequel, blaugh! That is on my list of poo flicks. I know it was based off some comics books an all but I just really couldnt stand it.

I'd like sequels too..

Bride of the monster
terror from the year 5000
prince of space

Some of my fav B movies all are pretty painless and loads of fun.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 06:55:35 PM »

I second Andrew on "Buckaroo.." and "Remo Williams".

And speaking of threatend sequals, how about "Flash Gordon"?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Neon Noodle
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 07:01:04 PM »

Remo Williams - the adventure begins? it never truly started!!!!! Shoulda had a sequel, no question.

If done right, Dead Again could have had a good sequel too.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 07:02:41 PM »

REMO WILLIAMS was fun movie and it is a shame that there were no sequels. My understanding is that sequels were planned, but the original didn't make enough money, so the sequels were never made.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 08:32:25 PM »

I always wanted a sequel to The Last Starfighter.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 09:38:08 PM »

The way hollywood churns out sequels nowadays, it's amazing to me they never made D.O.A. part 2
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 10:00:35 PM »

Megaforce could've been a serial.  The whole thing has the feel of an extended 80s action TV show anyway (Knight Rider, The A-Team, etc..)

Post Edited (08-04-03 22:01)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
yaddo42
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 11:33:53 AM »

Zero Effect - I read about a proposed TV series idea online , that would have been good too, although "Monk" kind of reminds me of "Zero Effect"

Marlowe - I liked James Garner as Phillip Marlowe set in the late 60s and wanted to see more.

Blind Fury - about the last decent B flick Rutger Hauer starred in before he got too heavy.

Buckaroo Banzai - I agree, I think it was just years too early with its comic book feel and cast of characters made for sequels. Look at all the real comic book based movies the major studios are putting big money behind now. And it was a lot more fun than most of them.

Big Trouble in Little China - Jack Burton in over his head yet again vs. the Yakuza or Russian mobsters or a modern day Thugee cult or Satanists or caught up in creepy Area 51/black helicopter/government conspiracy hijinks. A cool crossover would be Jack Burton stops in at the Titty Twister vampire bar in another "From Dusk Til Dawn" sequel.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
My Bloody Valentine
Tango & Cash
Anthony
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 05:22:22 PM »

Definitely agree with a sequel to Killer Klowns, the Chiodo brothers keep hinting of a folllow up but nothing seems to come of it. Also a Cellar Dweller 2 because i didnt have a clue what was happenning in the first one.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 07:53:45 PM »

I actually kind of like Buckaroo Banzai as a stand-alone movie. The fact that it was obviously intended to have a sequel, combined with the amount of backstory, I think enhances the whole gonzo "part 4 of a serial" feel.

I would like to see the long-rumored Twin Peaks sequel to tie up the loose ends, but I don't know if they could do it, what with the death of the actor who played Killer Bob.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Susan
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 11:23:59 AM »

I think now would be a good time for a Goonies sequel. Unfortunately i'm sure the kids are now lawyers, crackhead michael jackson wannabe's and god knows. But, given their age is just right now - it would be fun to have the original cast back in a goonies sequel as the parents. And THEIR kids are the new goonies, naturally this sequel would probably fail to live up to the popularity of the first that created such a huge following. But it could be done, with just the right kids and storyline. no copycat characters (like chunk and data) we would want originality and maybe oddball looking kids, an unknown cast.

We know that mikey's dad collected all kinds of stuff so there could be more treasure out there with clues from his old stuff. the sequel could have mikey's dad die and him and brent get all of his stuff and their kid finds something. they could also make it dark, not "kidsy" for pre-teens since so many parents who grew up with it would be watching it with their kids now.

dunno, maybe it's just me TeddyR
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 12:20:03 PM »

I liked Goonies, watched it over and over with my daughter, would like a sequel along the lines you write, new set of Goonie kids with completely different issues and quirks and a new major problem to solve. So no Susan it's not just you, it's me too. BounceGiggle

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 01:56:01 PM »

The Thing (either version)

Pretty sure they intended franchises for these flops:

Godzilla (1998)
Lost in Space (1998)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should have had sequels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.