Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:25:10 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should have had sequels « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies that should have had sequels  (Read 8638 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »

Hey!!
Vermin's back!! 
Nice to hear from you again, old man!  You've been missed --
Re. Buckaroo Banzai -- Yes, I do get the point about it having a cool "stand-alone" feel, but I did enjoy the film so much that I really DID want to see more of those odd people -- "Perfect Tommy", etc.
I also agree that the whole "Twin Peaks" deal needed a better wrapup, and I'm sure Lynch could do it despite Killer Bob's death.  However, Lynch being Lynch, I'm sure he feels no need to --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Susan
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »

no vermins not back - old thread. :-(

i just like resurrecting dead things so sometimes i dig up an old thread to see if i can breathe life into it again

has david lynch ever done a sequel?
peter johnson

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 06:22:02 PM »

Oh, damn . . .  I didn't look at the dates here . . . poo . . .
Yes, Lynch has done "sequels", of sorts.  "Twin Peaks:  Fire Walk With Me" definitely revisited the Twin Peaks land -- call it a "prequel" if you must, but it was still a continuation of the same thematic weirdnesses of the original Twin Peaks, so, yes, a sequel in my mind --

Susan
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 06:46:07 PM »

well i know vermin has been in the forum within the past couple of months and DOES have a myspace so luckily one of the few who isn't so "lost" to us and we can get in touch with. maybe we should send him a msg on myspace to get his butt back over here

wonder why lynch never did a sequel for Wild at heart..lol

here's a fake sequel for Titanic which actually looks better than the original.  Ice boy..hehe
Small | Large
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »

I wish the original 1931 DRACULA,with Lugosi,had a sequel WITH Lugosi.I know that DRACULA's DAUGHTER was originally slated for Lugosi...but...sadly...it never happened,I think Karl Freund,the photographer for Dracula,and director of the MUMMY (1932) and MAD LOVE (1935),had taken on as as director of the original DRACULA-it would have been a much more atmospheric feel to it,as the movie kinda drags once Dracula is in England. It would have been nice to see him do a DRACULA sequel,with Gloria Holden involved as his mistress,and Caroll Borland as his daughter. Maybe even get Dwight Frye back in action,as his vampiric slave! Wow! That would be the ultimite Lugosi/Vampire movie. Kinda like the BRIDE of DRACULA!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:19:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »

There was apparently a modern era "Time Tunnel" TV movie that is rumored to be pretty good. Too bad no series followed as I really believe in the right hands (preferably someone who respects and holds the originals in high regard), the Irwin Allen shows could all be brought back in new forms.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Susan
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »

ok this is in poor taste and as a catholic i'm going to hell in a handbasket for it....but

"The Last Temptation of Christ: Resurrection"
Sounds a bit like a horror movie. jesus was the first zombie?

i can see it now....banned in 38 countries 

ALL Dracula movies need sequels!!
Raffine

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

jesus was the first zombie?

Wrong! That would Lazarus, right?  Drink

And Lazarus rose from the tomb and, lo, spoketh to them and sayeth him "BRAINS!"

(I figure I'm going to Hell for that staircase response to poor lil' crippled Corey Haim anyway.)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 09:25:29 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Susan
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 09:34:08 PM »

karma raffine!  BounceGiggle
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 09:35:04 PM »

DarkCity

Susan
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

yeah i'd like to see all of them somehow get back to planet earth  Twirling
maybe then they could find the REAL shell beach!
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 10:19:44 PM »

ok this is in poor taste and as a catholic i'm going to hell in a handbasket for it....but

"The Last Temptation of Christ: Resurrection"
Sounds a bit like a horror movie. jesus was the first zombie?

i can see it now....banned in 38 countries 

ALL Dracula movies need sequels!!

As a fellow Catholic, I feel that when the church condemned this sequel, as it most assuredly would, along with the very vocal protests of the Christian fundamentalists, almost everyone on earth would pay to see the film. Your inspiration of this sequel would provide countless jobs and wages all over the world there by earning for you a place in Heaven, of course if the Lord thinks it's a crappy sequel you may have a problem.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
peter johnson

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 12:02:44 AM »

Huh --
Well, I haven't been aware of Vermin being around on any posts now for over a year -- There was even a thread about missing people awhile back & Andrew said he hadn't heard from Vermin either --
So, yes, we should all seek him out and harass him to come back on the board more & do more posts --
He was consistently one of the funniest posters out there & usually always had an obscure fact up his sleeve.  Plus he'd seen some stuff that's truly hard to find --

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should have had sequels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.