Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:36:59 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stupid villian tricks= Bad evil plans. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stupid villian tricks= Bad evil plans.  (Read 2127 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 03, 2003, 02:08:36 PM »

Watched the MST of "Agent for H.A.R.M." last week.
Hoo, boy!
Among the many holes in the swiss cheese that is our subject film, the one thing that realy worked my logic circuts over with a lead pipe was....the spore gun.
Is that a stupid idea for a wepon or what?
I'd hate to have to load it in a hurry...one mashed jell capsule...it must work like a paintball gun....and your a pile of foaming fungus! Talk about hazard pay for the goon squad....
And the scene wher the scientest guy almost splats the hero with spore....better not leave that on the wall for the cleaning lady to find! Now, if a sales gerbil from Avon get fungied, okey, but still..
Or heros, even. Like that sword Andrew mentioned in, what...."Sword and scorcery?"...the one with the flying flanges of fury the sword shot out....yeah, that one.
In short....whats the dumbest wepon,ever?

Post Edited (08-03-03 14:09)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 02:42:16 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
> the spore gun.
> Is that a stupid idea for a wepon or what?
> I'd hate to have to load it in a hurry...one mashed jell
> capsule...it must work like a paintball gun....and your a pile
> of foaming fungus! Talk about hazard pay for the goon
> squad....

Talking of stupid weapons. On my interminal flight back, I was listening to some cd's of old radio broadcasts, one of the programs featured was The Green Hornet. Now, his "special" weapon was a "gas gun", a silent gun that did.....what?
I guess it had some sort of super 1940's knockout gas in it to safely and harmlessly render the baddies immobile(bean bag rounds work better). My question, how was the Hornet not effected by the gas? What if the baddie was alergic? And why not just sap the bad guy if you don't want to kill him? Why go to the expense of inventing a gas gun...and then there are the gas bills, we all know what they're like. If you don't want to shoot him...why not use a rubber hose, lead pipe, 2x4, black jack, rolling pin, frying pan, day old french bread. And doesn't Kato know kung fu? Have him throw some beatings around.

I never saw the tv show, so I don't know if the gas gun was used, but why would you use a silent gun on a radio show....you have to tell people when you're using it...it's RADIO! I just don't understand. Apologize for the rambling.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 03:22:27 PM »

Pretty much ANYTHING created by Dr. Evil!

Let's see....in the first "Austin Powers" there was the giant drill that would drill to the center of the earth and release hot MAG-MA.

In the 2nd there was the giant (fingers in quotation marks) LA-SER on the moon.

And in Goldmember he plans to flood the earth with another giant LA-SER shot from an orbiting satellite.

Post Edited (08-03-03 15:58)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 03:50:40 PM »

speaking of agent for HARM.

how about that amazingly horrible tap set out involving a rope hidden under dirt set rigged in the parking lot entrance of the wharehouse that was suppossed to set off a machine gun into the diver. now that was BAAAAAAAAD for so many reasons.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 04:01:16 PM »

Did ya notice the credits line for Colt firearms? Explains why the soldier at the beginning had an M-16 insted of an AK-47!
The M-16 on a rope....why did he not take them with him!? Extra firepower, Hey?
Bad...bad movie...no sequal!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 05:10:56 PM »

thank god for that, yuck

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 12:17:35 AM »

And yet again I mention something I love to talk about for the umpteenth time and make everyone think I only watch three movies and one TV show over and over...the black hole cannon in Godzilla vs. Megaguirus.
And Deej, Darkwing Duck had a gas gun.  You best not be talkin' the smack about my homie DW.  Jea.

And now his car turns into an airplane!  Ba ba BA BA...oh forget it.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 01:34:50 AM »

I like how in Bond and many other action flicks, they have the hero restrained, poised to kill them, but decide to tell them their plans.  This gives the hero enough time to save the day.  The spoofs of these scenes in the Austin Powers movies are so classic!  I love em!

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
dean
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 07:09:04 AM »

speaking of bond, i am always very annoyed at the start of goldeneye when, to shelter from the 50 odd russians who 'surround' bond, he hides behind a rack with gas cans on it.  they say don't shoot, it could explode.

MOVE AROUND HIM!! it can't be too hard for 50 guys to club pierce brosnan over the head with the butt of an ak-47.

:(  yes there are plenty of other examples, i'm just especially frustrated with that one.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 04:27:20 PM »

How about Herbert Lom in THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN? He devises an evil plan to disintigrate the United Nations (I think it was the United Nations . . . I haven't seen the movie in awhile) with a ray gun, and he ends up disintigrating himself. Dumb ass.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stupid villian tricks= Bad evil plans. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.