Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:30:47 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Terminator: As performed by the ladies flower club of East Yorkshire. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Terminator: As performed by the ladies flower club of East Yorkshire.  (Read 7243 times)
Flangepart
« on: July 11, 2001, 03:24:20 PM »

Have you ever wondered what a film would look like...if done with the exact same script.......but done in a manner that was............different? Like,say, "The brain from planet Areios", and every one was dressed like clowns. No, not acting like clowns, we have that! I mean ,say, "The night of the living dead" as a Wagnerian opera? (Who would write the music,A. Loydd Webber?) how about "Tommy" as performed by mimes.......I'm sorry......no one deserves to be represented by mimes!  I'd still like to see "Star Trek: First Contact done the WWF.(With Capt. Lou Albano as Capt. Picard). These, and other wierdnesses are possable, if we only try. I'm game, how bout you?
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2001, 03:47:37 PM »

I was always fascinated by Charles Schultz's suggestion that War and Peace was a good subject for hand-puppet theatre . . . .
I think a talking-animal version, ala BABE, of Battlefield Earth could work:  Ostriches to play the John Travolta aliens, various vermin to play the Earth people . . .
"It's a Wonderful Life" done by death-metal/goregrind band members . . . .
"Night of the Lepus", onstage by the Royal Shakespeare Company of Stratford-on-Avon:  Each rabbit would be five actors with wire masks and appendages, ala EQUUS . ...
Ingmar Bergman comes out of retirement to direct the remake of Plan 9, to be shot in Sweden with Liv Ullman in the Vampira role .. . .
Steve.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2001, 04:18:39 PM »

Mr. F. - are you psychic? I actually live in East Yorkshire! I presume you are reffering to the said Python sketch, in which the good ladies performed "Camp On Blood Island", to be followed by the Womens Institute re-enacting "Nazi War Atrocities", and more to the point, they even proposed re-doing the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, said battle to be fought with handbags. I think the Pythons came up with an unbeatable "different" way. "Sam Peckinpah's Salad Days". A very genteel English lawn party goes bloodily awry - a lightly tapped tennis ball causes gouts of blood to shoot from the hand it hits. English gentlemen wrestle with lions? and are torn to bloody pieces. A croquet ball causes absolute mayhem - you get the idea. Of course we would have to think of a way of bringing Sam back. I would like to see Sam Raimi directing a nice, sensitive version of "The Sound Of Music". It couldn't get much more perverted though when I think about it, I mean it already has nuns, goats, Nazis and children so...so...perfect that they must die in the foulest way imaginable. I shall ponder on the details overnight.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2001, 06:57:55 PM »

I always wanted to see Matrix done with this cast:
Neo: Don Knotts
Morpheus:Chris Rock
Agent Smith:Jerry Sienfeld ("what's the deal with the matrix?")
Trinity: Tim Curry

Spooky
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2001, 08:02:28 PM »

I've always imagined the 3 Stooges doing a mean adaptaion of Apocolypse Now. Curly would be Col. Kurtz, natch, and Moe would be Sheen's character. Larry would be the one who gets impaled: "Hey, look, they're only sti-- Nyaaahh!"

I'm part of an amateur comedy group, and one bit on one of our CDs involves Quentin Tarantino's "3 Little Pigs," with John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, and Tarantino himself as the pigs (with Quentin getting the self-indulgent role of the third pig), and of course, Harvey Keitel as the Wolf. *Shameless Plug* If you want to check it out, you can go to our website at http://demonsofstupidity.hollywood.com/ *Shameless plug*.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2001, 09:14:59 PM »

I don't even want to think about that one.

How about JFK in the Bizzaro Universe (like in the old Superman comics): "Front and to the right *Click* Front and to the right *click* Front and to the right..."

King Kong with Charleton Heston as Kong and Everyone else is a monkey.

Indepence Day set during the Civil War.

Akira featuring the cast of Pokemon.

Clerks' Dante and Randal in the Blair Witch Project.

Star Wars with Christopher Walken as Hans Solo (that actually almost happened)

"th Lion King" with the cast of Kimba the White Lion.  Wait a minute...
Skaboi18
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2001, 10:52:27 PM »

Dante: ~Whiny Voice~ "But I don't want to leave the tent!"
Randal: "Why cause it would be a change!?!?! You just can't handle change can you Dante!?  I'm going to look for the hermaphrodite sex witch!"

hehehehe
I think it could work!
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2001, 10:56:10 PM »

"I say, what a super day!"
"Gosh, yes!"
"GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"
With that out of the way, I'd like to suggest The Crow with a soundtrack done by Toybox.  If you don't know of the glories of Toybox, immediately dl some of their stuff, it's the worst, most vacuous pop ever done and would go absolutely horribly with the entire bat-farting atmosphere.  
"Tarzan is handsome, Tarzan is strong!  He's really cute and his hair is long!"
Hairzilla
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2001, 12:57:08 AM »

Just recently I had the bizzare idea of replacing the main cast members of "Star Trek, The Next Generation" with those of "The Love Boat"....I think that it was the similiarly bald heads of both the respective captains that got me....I think that "Gopher" would have to be the one unfortunate enough to take the place of Wesley Crusher. [That kid should have immediately been issued a blazing, red shirt and made to accompany every "away mission" ever conducted while he was on board....for purely educational reasons....honest...."Come aboard. We're expecting you"....heh heh heh...]
Mofo Rising
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2001, 01:34:08 AM »

There's a short film floating around out there called "Apocalypse Pooh".  It's the Winnie the Pooh cartoon overdubbed with the voices from APOCALYPSE NOW.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2001, 09:13:40 AM »

Haven't you seen the Saturday Night Live from the Early Nineties with Patrick Stewart!  They do a sketch like that.  And the original Captain even makes a cameo.  It was hilarious.
Captain: "Worf, I hear your beating all the passengers at shuffle board"
Worf (as played by Phil Hartman): I must defend my Klingon heritage"
Captain: "But old people and young children..."
Worf: "the weak and the cowardly have no place in the game of shuffleboard!"
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2001, 10:26:26 AM »

"And now for something compleatly different"...I'm impressed! Glad my post inspired you guys! Stefan: Should have caught that one. The Statner Trek stuff was classic too.  Yes, Hair, give the kid a red shirt!...the bullseye is optional. Steve: Maby great minds dement alike. Sooooo many ideas that make me LoL just to read them. Brilliant! I did a post once where if you switched the Lost in space Characters with Gilligans island, you coulden't tell the differance....The love boat trak was good! Ah...i love the smell of cooking braincells in the morning.
Hairzilla
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2001, 11:19:50 AM »

I wish I would've caught that, Stefan!  ["Score one for you, good robot us's!"] It sounds like it was pretty good! Truth to tell though, I was so turned off after seeing such a well respected, Shakespearian actor as Patrick Stewart playing a doctor and detailing the joys of....well....let's just leave that one "behind", shall we?....I didn't even bother with the rest of the show. Sometimes bad really is bad.... However, thanks for letting me know about it, maybe I'll try to catch it the next time it reruns on Comedy Central.

The single greatest line ever spoken by Capt. Picard:

Captain [to Wesly Crusher]: "Mr. Crusher, shut up!"
Steve.
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2001, 03:13:56 PM »

Mr. Flange - I'm surrounded by psychotic loonies - I LOVE IT! Now there must be an even more tasteless way of making The Life Of Brian get even further up da Christian fundamentalists nostrils. My brain cells are frying tonight!
Mr.Smashy
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2001, 03:26:45 PM »

You heard that one of the original titles they threw around was "Jesus Christ: Lust for Glory"

How about that for upsetting.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Terminator: As performed by the ladies flower club of East Yorkshire. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.