Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:00:02 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "But i'm the Ice Cream man!" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "But i'm the Ice Cream man!"  (Read 2938 times)
Chris
« on: July 07, 2001, 08:09:25 PM »

Ha ha ha. Any fans of the Clint Howard movie: the Ice Cream Man. For all the horror fans out there, or those who just like their cinematic diet to be on the weird side,  you should check this one out. Howard plays a nutty/killer (of none other profession than the title). Oh it's hilarious. The cover blockbuster has is censored.
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2001, 09:15:38 PM »

Ah, poor big-head Clint Howard.  How sad/bad it is to be the brother of a huge media mogul as is Brother Opie.
One admires his perseverance.  Plus, he is in fact a decent actor -- that is, one who delivers what is asked of him for a given scene.  This sounds simple, but just try it as an actor:  "Okay now, in this scene you are the homicidal maniac,yet somehow simpathetic, killer . . . ".
Disney had their way with Clint, zipped up their pants, and went on their merry way.
I would like to meet him some day --
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2001, 11:04:17 PM »

Well, they did give him the Lifetime Achievement Award at the MTV Movie Awards.  Of course, they also gave it to Chewbacca and Jason Voorhees.

I liked him in THE WRAITH.
Brock
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2001, 11:55:00 PM »

Ice Cream Man kicked ass.  One of my favorite bad movies, and my friends love it too.  That was the perfect movie for him, and I'm still hoping that somehow a sequel will appear.
Chris
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2001, 11:58:48 PM »

Yes a sequel would be great. I know A-pix made a sequel to Jack Frost, i wonder when they're gonna bring back the charismatic Ice Cream Man.
Chris
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2001, 12:00:30 AM »

Yes that would be really cool to meet the man Howard himself. Hell i'd put him in a movie, why not!? He's a great character actor.
anthony
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2001, 07:01:14 PM »

Don't get me wrong I love Clint Howard.  But "Ice Cream Man" was on of the worst movies I've ever seen.  They (A-pix) market it as a horror movie but it's nothing more then a two hour Goose Bumps show.   There was not one scare, maybe three drops of blood, the movie had so much going for it with the title alone, but they messed it up.  How do you mess up a movie about a killer ice cream man? You can't! But some how A-Pix found away I mean it could have a million times better if the idea was put in to the hands of someone who knew how to wrtite horror.  They did the same idea in the early Spawn comics and it was eerie as hell.  This movie wasn't even so bad it was good, it was so bad that I wanted to find the people that put money in to this and beat them with my father golf club. .  When I'm sick and need to pass out I don't take nyquil I watch this movie, it knocks me right out.  If you wanna see Clint at his best watch Rock and Roll Highschool.  But then again what do I know.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "But i'm the Ice Cream man!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.