Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:31 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT Maturity (maybe philosophy) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT Maturity (maybe philosophy)  (Read 878 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 14, 2003, 02:27:19 PM »

I know that I am just b***hing, but this break up of mine has really brought up a lot of questions.

One that has really upset me is that for the longest time, I was lead to believe that girls matured and grew up faster than men. however, it seems to me that this is terribly untrue. I look around college and honestly, there seems to be so many more guys worth talking to than girls.

Now i admit that guys tend to have more competitiveness and maybe adolescent humor. But for all the talk I hear of guys towards women, I happen to know many more women sluts than guy sluts. While both do exist and I despise both types, it seems that so many more girls are afraid of the words relationship and commitment. My friend, who is a girl, who I totally think is smart, hard working, funny, together, went to Spain and dated a guy merely to use his apartment. At the same time she also hooked up with two Spaniards in there just to "have fun" which is what my girlfriend claims to want right now.

I just never would use a person and while I have "had fun" now that I know what it is like to be in a relationship, I have very little taste to return to having fun. Also, most stories I have heard involve the girl leaving her first love. I know 5 girls who have knowingly admitted leaving the first guy they loved, and have only found one in the massive amounts of guy friends, who have left their woman. In fact having been in a serious relationship I had "more fun" then i ever did hooking up.

i also hear about how much stronger, older, and athletic her new guy is than me. i am frankly surprised that we are not over that, my first college girlfriend was overwight, but an intelligent person, which is the stage I thought people were at now.

However, you fast forward a bit, and you see that men tend to have the affairs in marriage and cause the divorce.

Why is this? First, I wonder if wonmen at these younger ages truly do want to flaunt and use their bodies. It scares me that almost none of the women I know have any thought of what they will be doing after college? So do they rely on their body as a safety net? If so, I find this totally immature.

I look at my mom, who waited 15 years before trusting another guy (he left her after three afairs). However, the way she (and most women) tended to deal with their pain was to shut things off and go after trivial pursuits. I laughted so hard when my ex said that her life is complete because she has  a "car, boyfriend, leaving her parents, and a job at Starbucks." Isnt there so much more to life.

Also, perhaps women drive men to be harder. I must admit that I have been very guarded recently, especially around girls. If someone can just stop loving you one day or week, I am truly afraisd to get close again. Right now, I dont want any relationship at all, and if one occured, I dont think I would let that girl in. So maybe, men become ass holes lateer in life because of their hurt so early on. Or maybe we just dont feel like being free til laer on in life. All I know is two girls I have talked to, one being my ex, say that I am the guy they would like to call around age 26. I dont know what that means or where that age comes from, because I was happy being happy right now.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 02:36:38 PM »

I gave up trying to understand the female mind years ago.

Don't even try to understand it...it'll just cause headaches!
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 03:50:13 PM »

I think that the door swings both ways here.  In other words, there are a ton of immature guys, but the same goes with women.  I believe that you're gonna have your fair share either way.  It isn't exclusive or moreso with one sex than it is the other.  But that's just my opinion.

From what it sounds like Evan, it's a good thing that this girl left when she did.  I know this might sound harsh, but what if she stayed with you, and kept leading you on?  Things could've gotten much worse, as hard as that is to believe.  The thing is, don't shut everyone out.

Then again, I don't know you very well, so take this advice for what it's worth.  Just don't let this break up, or women in general, eat you alive.  

Nick
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 04:35:42 PM »

I think that girls mature faster than boys when they are around 12 to 14 years old, but then boys leap ahead of them in maturity around age 18 - 21. Everything evens out around age 25. Then, around age 28, guys start to regress and stay immature until they die.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 04:46:10 PM »

"First, I wonder if women at these younger ages truly do want to flaunt and use their bodies" - Evan3

First of all, Women have been conditioned by men to believe that's what they want to be doing.

In my experience I've found that the younger female goes into a "live crazy and wild" stage or dating oldeder guys.  where we guys did that several years earlier (except for the dating older guys). Once these females settle down as they get older they miss the fun  they had and start dating YOUNGER guys OR they start dating women.
I don't understand women at all but I love them dearly. even when I'm hating them.

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT Maturity (maybe philosophy) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.