Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:12:30 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason  (Read 8998 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 15, 2003, 06:15:16 PM »

WOW!!

What a kickass film!

Never before have I seen such a brutal hack & slash fest between two characters!
We're talking buckets of blood!

For the most part it was indeed a great film and in my opinion Freddy definitely stole the show.
 I found myself rooting for him throughout the entire film.
His one liners were the best!

There were only a few things I didn't care for and that was pretty much the entire cast of teenagers.  The guys were the typical a***oles and all the girls were hot with great tits. (not that that's a bad thing!...it was just too typical)
They all need to take acting lessons.
The main girl in the story is a Brittany Murphy clone.  I could not take my mind off the fact that she looked just like her.
Most of the film was also shot in a metallic blue & green hue which I didn't care for.

The film is worth seeing just to witness the f**king awesome fight between Freddy & Jason!

Go see it NOW!

Post Edited (08-16-03 02:15)
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 06:42:57 PM »

I agree.  This movie reeked of awesomeosity.  I too couldn't stand the characters but hey then what are they good for if I like them?  Then I would actually hate people getting killed.

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 02:04:46 AM »

This goes right up there with "Evil Dead" in my book.  The movie kicked my ass for the Lord.
My only complaints are a) We don't get to see Freddy recruiting Jason from Hell b) Jason's left eye is supposed to be missing, continuity! and c) the seat I was on had no cushion, just a metal plate, and that sucked.
Can't wait to see it again.  I saw the 7:30 in my town, and when we left, there was already a line out the door for the next showing.  I smell #1 Box Office.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 10:38:52 AM »

My sister went and saw the 945 showing last night.  She said that they wouldn't open the door to the building until 30 minutes prior for some odd reason but as soon as they did people RAN to the box office to buy tickets.  SO it may possibly be number one.  

ALso apparently heated debates are started in the theatres over who wins throughout the movie and one almost ended in a fist fight.
USeless info that I find funny

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 01:34:07 PM »

How many sequals will this spawn, I wonder.

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 01:50:44 PM »

I went to the 9:45 showing last night, and I can honestly say it was one of the coolest theatergoing experiences I've ever had. As I mentioned before, some friends and I decided to go in costume-- I was Freddy, and we also had a Jason, a Jason X, and two victims (wearing torn up Camp Crystal Lake t-shirts). The first thing we heard approaching the theater was a bunch of teenagers pointing at us and shouting, "Holy s**t! A bunch of crackhead dope addicts!" Then, as we were standing in line, the ticket girl came out and got our attention:

"How many are you?"

"Five."

"You wanna just come in for free? Cause you guys rock my world!"

The movie itself, as has been previously stated, rocked. Hard. In fact, if it doesn't win best picture, I'm gonna be peeved. Not too much plot getting in the way of the fun, just Freddy and Jason hacking up teenagers and letting each other have it, in a couple of scenes that have got to be new classics in exploitation film history.

The crowd was great, too. You could tell they were almost all fans-- cheering the murders, applauding the one-liners, singing along with the Freddy chant, shouting "You DIDN'T just do that!" and "You're f**kED!" whenever a character breaks a horror movie rule.

After the show (about midnight), we went to Denny's for some dinner, and had a long chat with a cool biker-looking couple with similar interests (they knew House of 1000 Corpses fx guru Phil Toth, and the guy is in an upcoming horror movie called Lost). All in all, a thoroughly rocking evening, centered around a kickass film!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 03:25:03 PM »

This is one of those movies that I pretend I am totally disinterested in seeing and then have to sneak out to watch,much like Spice World(don't judge me). After reading the positive feedback, I'll have to definitely catch this one.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 01:17:04 AM »

I'll sum this up in four words, followed by an explanation:

Go see this.  NOW.

Seriously, one of the best movies I've seen in the theater in a long time.  It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is exactly what the movie needed in order to be successful.  I find myself agreeing with ASH almost completely, for the most part.  In short, just go see it, even if you're only mildly interested.

Some spoilers . . . Don't read if you plan on seeing the movie:
Freddy definitely stole the show.  Along with the main character and her incredible rack.  WOW.  Sorry, but it had to be pointed out.  I hated all of the teenagers except for her.  She didn't annoy me at all, really.  Everyone else did as far as the teenagers go.

I think this should've been called Crouching Tiger, Hidden Freddy.  You could tell that the movie was directed by a former HK alum.  Freddy actually busts out some brutal moves during this movie, glove-fu, I guess you could call it.  In fact, Freddy pretty much beats the s**t out of Jason for most of the time, which was definitely unexpected, since Freddy usually gets his ass handed to him by the girls in his movies.  However, Jason gets some good shots in, and has the most important one during the end.  GREAT stuff.

Awesome kills as well.  They really didn't cut back on the gore; in fact, I was surprised that they got away with some of the stuff that they did.  This is probably one of the gorier movies I've seen in years, and definitely the goriest movie I've personally seen in a movie theater.  We're talking buckets of blood, impalings, bodies hacked in half.. you name it, it probably happens.  Brutal stuff.  And the cornfield massacre was fantastic.

I didn't mind the ending.  But there will definitely be a sequel, and if it's even half as good as this was, then I'll be happy.

Here's hoping that Ronny Yu comes back if there is a sequel.  He knows what he's doing, and he'll get things done right.

Freddy Vs. Jason was one of the most fun movies that I've seen in a theater in awhile.  Simply mindless and brutal fun.  Go see it.

Nick
I luv dolma
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 11:19:19 PM »

ASH Vs. JASON! BRING IT!

ANd FREDDY ONLY KILLED ONE GUY, MARK. THAT'S IT! JASO WON, NO DOUBT! HE WAS THE LAST DEAD MAN WALKING.
lobo_en_fuego
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 11:34:18 PM »

AHHH, sweeeet.    I had my fingures crossed that they wouldn't mess this up (ahem, jason x....ewwww, yet it was enjoyable as 8 and 9 was...just....*dies*), and oh my God, I was blown away.  The cinafortography was highend, top notch.  The content was perfect (imediatly there was ass n tities, awsome ridiculos cliche and tradition. I'm sure it was a joke on all the other movies), bad acting ANOYING teens (like as was previously said is good cuz it makes ur cheer for their death), and the blood, blood, blood and more blood.   I love how part of the opening sceen you hear the famous Chee-chee-chee-chee ahhh-ahhh-ahhh-ahhh as the camera rolls across the street sighn ELM STREET, heh heh heh.

And the fact that it made u feel like you were in a Jason movie, then switch to a fredy movie with the typical camera angles for each film.

The only thing bad I gotta put down though is part of the final sceen.  Was there really a need to freaking blow up all the tankers?  pssh, people and their finally explotions, lol.   Oh, and the main chick, I didn't like here, and the actress was trashing the movie saying it was typical garbage, what a b***h.

Anyway, 5 stars baby (in my book anyway).  can't wait to see it again!
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 12:01:34 AM »

It was number one this weekend at the box office...of course, I don't think it had much competition.  

It would be funny if it did it again next weekend, since hardly any of the big summer blockbusters have been able to do as well after the opening weekend.

I'll probably wait for video, because I'm not a big fan of either series.
Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 12:16:17 AM »

Well after telling my husband the ultrasound showed twins and him freaking out hysterically- thank God it is only one after that. Then turning around and having my water break just enough to really freak him out- he took me to see this film.

He is not a Jason nor a Freddy fan so I was not expecting him to take me at all.

Oh My God this was a killer film. Great hack and slash at it's finest. He even jumped out of his skin at a scene where Freddy just pops out.

Of course I had to sit through his normal dissection of the movie as it is being played. This is something I have so grown accustomed too that I just keep on watching the movie and answering him. I think the worst part of his comparisons with thte movie is the pot smoking teen- all he could do was die of laughter and say OH MY GOD WHERE IS SILENT BOB!!!!  

By the end of the movie he did say it was good and he liked it.

If there is a chance at a sequel of some kind I am sure I will be there.

Post Edited (08-18-03 12:09)

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
Ellie
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 12:30:50 AM »

I saw the movie..only because my daughter wanted to see it. I am wondering how come Freddy was strong enough to bring  Jason back from hell but not himself?
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 01:21:50 AM »

Freddy just gave Jason a little convincing.

You have to suspend disbelief to realize that Jason had the power to ressurect himself...he just needed a little prodding that's all.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 08:29:11 AM »

I was seriously looking forward to this flick.  I was all but bouncing in my seat when the opening credits hit (Fantastic Credits BTW).  

But, once the film got into full swing, I was a little let down.  You have to keep in mind that I'm not a Freddy fan.  I only like a few of the Nightmare On Elm Street films.  I hate his one liners, I just....really dislike Freddy.

My wife on the other hand is an avid Freddy fan.  She grew up with the NOES films the same way that I did with the Friday 13th flicks.  So, this flick was a pure treat for her.

I think that my main complaint was with Jason.  He didn't walk or kill like Jason.  WHERE IS KANE HODDER!?!?!?

The ending was pretty fun at least.  Jason kicked some almighty ass.  

Over all I was slightly disappointed, while my wife was estatic.  It was pretty awesome to see Jason on Elm Street.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.