Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:16:28 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason  (Read 8945 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 09:05:14 AM »

I'm surprised that so many of you liked this movie. I haven't seen it yet (in fact, I promised myself that I would not waste my time and money), but all of the positive comments in this thread may have changed my mind.

This movie has "It can't POSSIBLY be any good" written all over it. But now I'm curious to give it a try . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack Deth
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 10:38:12 AM »

I figured I should mention this as it is important.  Aparently there are two or three different endings to this flick depending upon what theatre you goto.  Therefore if you see this movie in a different theatre you may very well see a different ending. :D

This is according to the directors interview I read on IGN.

DarkHeart
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 12:11:28 PM »

Here in Quebec we almost only have the french traduction (that sucks) but the movie still f**king rules.

Freddy the control on Jason almost all the movie. Freddy is so cool.

I have seen somewhere that they want to do Freddy vs Jason vs Ash (evil dead). I'm sure it's a stupid joke (even for a very serious website), but i think of it, and damn, that would be cool !
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2003, 01:31:51 PM »

I don't know why you people like this movie so much?The acting was horrible,there were big plot holes and the plot was kinda stupid.I will admet that the fight scenes between Freddy and Jason were damn cool, but other than that the movie sucked.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Jack Deth
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2003, 01:41:12 PM »

To answer your query wyckednick, this series has never had a solid plot (Friday The 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street).  As the series evolved and continued each director took whatever liberties they wanted to with the plot.  The enjoyment comes from watching some very creative death scenes and, well that's about it.  I've only found a few in each series to actually be frightning.  However they are enjoyable if you don't take things too seriously.

I still haven't seen the movie yet, but as always I'm rooting for Jason (Too bad Kane Hodder isn't playing Jason - as I'm sure that will take away from the film).  It's rather dissapointing since when you have a character that has no dialogue or recognizable face, the actors movements become the sole form of recognition (Think of The Shape in Halloween).  Hopefully the sequeal will re-employ Kane Hodder.  He certainly has Jason's movements and actions down to a tee.

Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2003, 08:12:47 PM »

That's why we liked it, nick.  The scenes between Jason and Freddy were awesome.  And as for the bad acting, it's practically been a staple for both series.  So it's something that we've come to accept.  Just like there is always gonna be nudity and that one guy that we all want to see die.  It's all part of the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street charm.  At least for me it is.

Unfortunately, I see the movie taking a pretty steep dive in box office next week.  Besides us, the word-of-mouth that I've read hasn't been positive at all.  Fanboys are b***hing left and right about the campiness of the film, amongst several other things (horrible acting, Jason becoming humanized, etc.).  Just goes to show that you can't please everyone, especially with a film like this.  Nevertheless, let's hope that Freddy vs. Jason continues to make some massive bank for the next few weeks.

Nick
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2003, 12:08:38 AM »

Well, I plan on doing my part by dragging all my friends to it who didn't make it the first time around :)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2003, 12:54:42 AM »

For those of you who have seen this awesome film...did you notice the TV station logo when they were reporting on the death of what's his name?  (the guy who got folded in half by Jason)

The TV station logo was KRGR.  (Krueger)

Post Edited (08-19-03 00:55)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2003, 08:42:25 PM »

Yes, just seen this one this afternoon. I liked JASON X and also like FREDDY VS JASON. I could never get into Freddy, but this movie helped just like JASON X helped me to like Jason again. Because I like the first FRIDAY THE 13TH but couldn't watch those slasher movies anymore. This was a great one. Kinda like King Kong vs Godzilla. Or Dracula vs Frankenstein. They did a good job on FREDDY VS JASON. Check it out.

Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2003, 03:29:37 PM »

I pointed that out immediately to my buddy Meehan, as he is as big a horror fan as I am (maybe even bigger) in these parts.

Another interesting note:
The girl that played the girlfriend of the first victim? Recognize her? Katherine f**king Isabelle. What? You don't know who she is? FOR SHAME! Katherine Isabelle played Ginger in the movie GINGER SNAPS, everybody's favorite teenage sexy werewolf.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Ash

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2003, 04:06:11 PM »

I saw these two cool bobblehead dolls of Freddy & Jason at Newline Cinema's online store.

I think I might order them both.

Check 'em out!

http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=14376;category_id=2555;pcid1=2506;pcid2=2553
Ash

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2003, 10:44:12 PM »

Check out this good article at ABC News.com.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/entertainment/GoodMorningAmerica/slasher030820.html

Neon Noodle
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2003, 12:26:59 AM »

I have to say, I just got back from a night showing and I was very suprised.....This was actually a great slasher movie!

No, not a horror movie - I wasn't scared at all, and spent most of the time laughing at the goofy antics from the stoned teens (onscreen and off) and Freddy's one liners. The gore hasn't been this high since the 4th movie! Looks like the MPAA must have gone to sleep on this one...

My ending had Jason carrying Freddy's severed head out of the water. Someone said earlier there were different endings.....is this the truth, Ruth? Or just another rumor to spend more money?

Only question left - does it get filed under nightmare on elm street films or friday the 13th films?
Ash

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2003, 12:43:48 AM »

Um Neon Noodle.....you might want to edit your post to say "SPOILERS!!!" before you give away the end shot of the film.

There are those out there who haven't seen this one yet!
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2003, 12:47:45 AM »

I loved this film. Teh acting actually wasnt as bad as everyone says it was.

Monica Keena who is the 'britney murphy clone' was a really good actress and had some good material to work with.

Robert Englund as freddy, talk about evil. he plays this straight instead of campy and is pretty creepy.

Ken kirzinger was a really good Jason.

as for katherine Isablle, I didnt think she was anything special. yeah I've never seen Ginger snaps and I thoguth she was a pretty plain actress.

everyone else did a good job, Kelyl rowalnd up until her last few lines was pretty good.

th eonly good kills really were the bed and the splitter. Everythign else was kind of tame. thought grand finale fight though, whoa... intense stuff. I loved the ambiguous ending.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.