Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:32:32 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason  (Read 8997 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2003, 12:50:58 AM »

I liked when Freddy said to the black chick, "MMMM dark meat!"

Freddy had the best lines!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2003, 01:05:26 AM »

I quite enjoyed it and am not ashamed to say that I rooted for Jason from frame one.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2003, 01:07:59 AM »

I still haven't seen it! And I made sure not to read the thread in case of spoilers!

Neon Noodle
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2003, 08:12:46 AM »

My bad - see the movie then check my post....
Jim H
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2003, 01:15:12 PM »

"I figured I should mention this as it is important. Aparently there are two or three different endings to this flick depending upon what theatre you goto. Therefore if you see this movie in a different theatre you may very well see a different ending. :D

This is according to the directors interview I read on IGN."

Not true, it was considered and there actually is an alternate ending that will be on the DVD, but there is only one in theatres.

As far as my opinion goes, I really enjoyed it.  I saw it twice, and it was almost as good the second time.  Great nightmare sequences (Freddy should have had another kill at least though, IMO), a great early sequence with Jason (though he only gets one kill that is done in his style from the Friday films, the bed kill which OWNED), and an awesome climax.  

I'd give it an 8 out of 10, but it is nearly a 9.
Jim H
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2003, 01:15:57 PM »

Also worth noting it was a double when she takes a shower.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2003, 03:34:30 AM »

I have seen this movie last Friday, but recently, this sight and my computer have not seemed to cooperate, making it so slow, meaning I dont get to respond all that often.

Anyways, I decided to try to stop moping and watch a fun flick, and unfortunately, I was not too moved.

First, I always thought that this really was a mismatch of villians, I really thought a more appropriate fight would be Mike myers Vs. Jason and Freddy Vs. Pinhead and his gang from Hellraiser. I thought that they spent way too much time attempting to get Freddy with Jason, fighting over "home ground" and other things.

However, when the two villians did get together, i will admit that it was truly fun to watch them fgo at it, it was nice to see Freddy for once portrayed as a competent fighter, although I really really wish they had let Jason have a few good licks. Im sorry, but Freddy truly is a wus, and it would have been nice to let jason have his way with Freddy without the help of those meddlesome kids.

I have never seen a Nightmare movie, so I was also a little put off by this being more of a Freddy movie when I came hoping to see Jason dominate.

I also hated that Jay from Jay and Silent Bob wannabee. He acted like Jay, dressed like Jay, was as obnoxious as Jay, looked like Jay and thankfully was killed but not as painfully as he should have been.

Anyways, it was all right, I actually thought the blood was a little too excessive, and because I think it dragged so much with trying to get the villains to meet, I got bored. I still think that the Bride of Chucky is still the most fun and successful ressurection of these classic killers, and perhaps those screenwriters should be hired for any sequals.

On a high note, I hear that Newline or whoever put out this film is now buying the rights to Michael Myers and will throw him into the mix. My god, now THAT would be real mayhem, to have Freddy trying to keep these two psychos off of each other.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
dean
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2003, 08:17:51 AM »

it seems as though now that feddy vs jason has come out, everyone is putting forward ideas for crossing over characters from various movies with one another.  i'm still waiting for the pinhead vs britney spears movie, i'm sure its going to be alot of choreographed violence.

but i'm starting to worry... just saw an ad for the upcoming movie 'rugrats go wild' [i'm sure it's already on video in US] and this startled me slightly; the rugrats and some other cartoon crossover?  wow, what a surprise.

it reminds me of when everyone jumped on the comic book movie bandwagon after the relative successes of spawn, blade and xmen.

is everyone planning a bloody crossover now??

*sigh*
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2003, 12:04:17 PM »

I saw FvsJ about a week ago with my brother. I havn't seen any of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies but I know Jason moves LOOOOOOOOOONG ways back (I saw the end of Friday the 13th with my friends when I was 9) The movie was going o.k. with me that is until Freddy and Jason started duking it out, by the point them movie just got AWESOME. But the one thing I'll complain about is Jason was using the same weapon all the time, a machete, what's up with that. Before he's used small knives AND big knives, racks, axes, pick axes, sharp wire, spears, more knives, a hackshaw, he's knocked people off the top of buildings, and thrown people clear out of buildings (I'm taking about the one in Manhatten). He was so... diverse in the way he killed people in the past..oh well that's my one complaint, I kinda liked how he was afraid of water, but my brother says that he's swam before in water. Don't know but I still like the idea. David gives Freddy vs. Jason 4/5. Have a good day people.

-the first rule of fat club-
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2003, 02:54:00 AM »

Oh I dont knbow, maybe it is because Jason is so much better with a machete than with ANYTHING ELSE EVER!!!

But the destructo bed death was maybe the best one, and didnt he use some sort of Javellin too???

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Jim H
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2003, 01:53:13 AM »

Major Spoilers

He used a pole of some kind, another of his classic weapons.  I also would of liked a few more non-machette kills.

I can remember several non-machette kills...  Two pole kills, one electrocution, one neck snap...  Freddy's arm (ouch!  I guess he didn't REALLY deliver the final blow, but Freddy was out after that either way).  But yeah, the majority were still machette.  Oh well.  They should of had a couple more bare hand kills, I always liked those - like Jason ripping the guys heart out in Jason Lives, or shoving the girls face into the side of the RV in Jason Lives (Jason Lives, part 6, is, discounting FVJ, probably my second favorite of the series).  

**END**

On Jason and water - he was only afraid in the dream world, where Freddy pulled up the fear from his past as a child.  That's my explanation.  Yes, he goes in water in the other movies.  The scene in Jason Lives where he does that was very cool...  Tommy Jarvis is out in a boat, and Jason just walks straight out in the water, along the bottom, to reach the boat.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts On Freddy vs. Jason « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.