Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:04:05 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MONSTER! Made by B-movie geeks? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MONSTER! Made by B-movie geeks?  (Read 885 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 18, 2003, 10:57:37 AM »

MONSTER was on this weekend, on Sci-Fi.
Was i the only one to remember those filler bits Roger Corman did  a while back, on AMC?
Intresting flick, but maby a bit too self referential?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Gecko brothers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 12:18:07 AM »

I wanted to actually see that
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 12:36:04 AM »

...I loved it! Forget the one user comment at IMDB, which trashes the film and trashes the CGI monster.....I thought this was a fun homage to so many cheesy 50's teens-vs-monster flicks, particularly THE BLOB. The design of the monster itself was neat, and sure....the CGI work of the monster was obviously low rent CGI, but to me that made it all the more like so many 50's monster films with cheesy monsters. Some great acting....Tobias Mehler may have been the leading young guy, but the knock-out star was really veteran character actor M. Emmett Walsh. Emmett certainly has a hell of a lot of energy at his age! Some great poking at monster movie cliches in MONSTER!....all in all, this was one of the B grade movies, so often shown by SciFi (this one originally aired on UPN, and somehow I missed it), but MONSTER! was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than the usual crappy drek SciFi shows so much of.

This one is worth your time....Catch it if you've never seen it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 12:44:23 AM »

I liked it, but I thought they shouldn't have made Walsh sound so crazy. I mean one minute he's talking about the movies and the next minute he's talking about the monster being real. You know going into it that the monster is going to be real and that he's going to be right, so why try to make him sound like a loonatic. Have him say to his grandson "Look, I know this sounds crazy, but somehow the monster from my movies has come to life and is going to attack this town." I guess they wanted to make it look like he wasn't completely in touch with reality, but that part just seemed a little too over the top to me.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MONSTER! Made by B-movie geeks? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.