Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:13:41 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If you could make a movie.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: If you could make a movie....  (Read 6445 times)
gammaray117
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 02:59:14 PM »

Yeah, I forgot to mention the use of strategically planted thermite bombs to start the fires in the first place. But instead of pointing out flaws, could you people just TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
dean
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2003, 08:16:07 AM »

gammaray:

i like the idea of nature being a threat.  its something which we can't control. [we recently had some pretty bad forest fires in our capital city so it would touch upon some feelings there] with it being ultimately caused by man, i like that too: it exploits a major weakness in the world: what if someone could use nature against us?.  it could pave the way for some pretty cool messages

just as long as it has nothing to do with 'terrorists':  i'm sick of all that crap, someone, somewhere has to come up with an original story with a 'bad guy/s' with an actual cool agenda.

sorry, i am just sick of terrorists being played as a bunch of arab extremeists with AK-47s and all that stuff.  its always a terrorist now, even if the agenda isn't a political/religious type one [which is what i usually class as a terrorist] it just smacks of repetitiveness [sorry gamma]

what would be cool though, is if the culprits frame a bunch of 'terrorists' so when the 'good guys' go looking for the original culprits, they are caught out by the fact that they already assume terrorism is the case, and are blinded by some prejudices and arrogance and whatnot.  you could then add a bit of politics into the conflict, whilst combining the hardcore action that you mentioned.

so over all i think it's a pretty sweet idea, needs a little tweaking, but then you only gave as a basic overview, so maybe you were planning alot more cool stuff that i don't know about.

:D
gammaray117
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2003, 02:27:34 PM »

I used "terrorists" as a loose term for a group similar to SPECTRE, with no agenda other than making a substansial profit. I never intended them to be "Arab extremists with AK-47's", just a collection of hardened criminals from all over the world. I like the idea of framing a known terrorist group, and think it would be nice to have one of their leaders (who is in town, making him a perfect scapegoat) declare a temporary truce with our heroes. Good thinking, Dean. And I like Fritz's idea, be a great spectacle for when they try to capture this framed terrorist.(Who is trying to skip town, and sics his men on our protanganists as his hotel catches fire, blending nicely into that car chase I mentioned.)

Anyone else have a beef?

Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2003, 08:16:20 PM »

You just drescribed the plot of the Terminator movies.
gammaray117
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2003, 10:25:24 PM »

Watching "Seinfeld", I had a brilliant idea for another action sequence that I want a second opinion on.(No offence, but prefably Dean or Fritz-I can identify with these people.) The intrepid heroes(sooner or later I need some names here, another matter of suggestion), immediatly following the cruise ship battle, see the leader of the organization (name there, too) escaping in a helicopter. They pursue him in another helicopter, in a chase that becomes a violent, slam-bang, all-stops-pulled-out climatic ariel shootout with Uzis, grenades, flamethrowers and rocket launchers over the Golden Gate bridge. At night. Tell me you wouldn't pay $7.50 just to see that!

I've been kicking around some titles here.  Either say which one is best or put one down. Thanks.

INFERNO
HELLSTORM
HELLFIRE

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"-"Dr. Strangelove"
fleabag
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 12:22:26 PM »

u should work in a fight on a fire engine. the top of stuff is overdone, so maybe the hood or side. that'd be awesome in the fire movie
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »

Fight on top of a fire engine has already been done in Con Air and in one of the James Bond movies.

Smells like popcorn and shame
dean
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2003, 09:49:53 AM »

wow someone actually values my opinion?!
the day someone actually listens to my ideas, and puts them into practice, is the day that hitchcock and orson welles roll over in their graves! :P

if you're looking for a big-bang helicopter fight type thing, then the name Hellfire ain't so bad [since they have hell fire missiles]  but hellstorm/firestorm isn't so bad either.

sounds like the climactic battle scene would be a nightmare to figure out [at night no less]  are these uzis and grenades etc [btw love the flamethrowers, you have fire everywhere and it keeps coming!! :P ]  from the copters or ppl on the bridge?  if not on the bridge then i'm not sure how it'd work out properly [it wouldn't be the greatest of action scenes with people fighting in helicopters, unless one group was on the ground]

adding to the whole bridge idea: it would be a last haven type thing: here you have a seemingly safe place: above water etc.  but in all the destruction it could be destroyed.
however i like the idea of the city being surrounded by fire, so maybe an inland city more than a port/major river based one.  its more claustrophobic that way.

but keep it up gammaray, it seems as though you want this to be non stop action, and we don't see enough movies that are jsut full on for the entire movie.

on a similar note, novels by Matthew Rielly are pretty much non-stop action, and i think many would make great movies if done right.  anyone read his works?  if not then do, fantastic read.

[oh yeah, gammaray, just make sure the firemen have macho names: noone likes a firefighter named clarence :P ]
fleabag
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2003, 12:53:57 PM »

i said the side of a fire engine, not the top
gammaray117
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2003, 01:23:35 PM »

I intended for both to be in helicopters, but I like the idea of people on the bridge. The 'copter could be hovering around street level, I suppose. As for armaments, the bad guys have a guy with an Uzi and a guy with a shotgun, with an orange crate of grenades between them. Our four main characters are in an unarmed Bell firing with pistols and the Army colonel has a flamethrower.

As for names, here goes nothing.
Fireman: Gregory King
Colonel: Arthur Richmond
Reporter: Sarah Donahue
Known Terrorist: Seamus O' Bannon
Head Bad Guy:Simon Maltez
Henchman: (Not overly strong or a martial artist, just a boxer and marksman) Vincent

As usual, I want Fritz's and Dean's input most of all. I intend to write and peddle this one.

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"-"Dr. Strangelove"
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2003, 03:23:37 PM »

I have a new movie idea.
This would be a fantasy/action movie. The main carector is a man names Farowe.Farwoe serves as the princesses royal guard in his kingdom of Helyan, but he and the princess are also in love.Its a love thoguh that no one can know about, and when the princess is to be wed to the prince of anouther kingdom the princess refuses to marry him.Its a mariage that must happen in order to insure peace between the two kingdoms.The knigs adviser who also happens to be a Seek (Seeks are a kind of wizard adept in the art of seeing the  past present and future) the Seek has long known about the relationship between Farwoe and the princess and when he tells the king that this is the reason she will not wed he goes into a rage and commands that Farwoe is to be executed.Farwoe manges to escape exectution, but is now no longer a knight of his kingdom.Banished and alone he wanders through the wilderness, not knowing what he will find, but always hoping that it will be a way to reclaim his lost princess.
Eventualy he wanders into the vast desert of Kangdorl.He knows nothjing of this land or its people, but he knows that there must be someone living in this land.So he follows what looks to be a old road.Its a long road and after many days of finding nothing but sand and dust his supplys run out and he colapsses in the desert.
Some time passes until he is found by a group of mercenerys which take him in and bring him back toi health.
This land of Kangdorl is a land at war.There are two major kingdoms Lower and Carazan.Both of these kindoms have been at war for over a centuary over the the greatest resource in Kangdorl the gold in the Pearl mountains.
The mercenerys, led by a man named Galion work for the kindom of Carazan, to help stop the attacks by the ever growing number of bandits on the caravans that travel back and forth between the major citys in Kangdorl.Farwoe joins up with the mercenerys to repay them for saving his life.
Farwoe quickly becomes a valued member of the group,he is a master swords man and fearless.During his time he is within the kindom of Carazan he learns of Carazans plans to find a powerful weapon created long ago in his land.The weapon is a nearly indestructible golem called Turnalm.Turnalm was made long ago by a evil wizard.The wizard use the golem to terrorize the land of Kangdorl, but after the wizard was killed the golem was lost and no one has sense been able to find it.There is one man though who claims to know were it is.His name is Sinaphear a person who has recently made his apearence in Carazan and he is a man few trust. But Sinaphear has none the less caught the ear of the king and has become an advisor to him.Also Farwoe seems to recognise Sinaphear but from were he does not know, but he gets the feeling that he is trouble.
As the story unfolds Farwoe,Galion and the rest of the mercenerys uncovers Sinaphears plot to use the golem when it is found to destroy both Lower and Carazan, and the relationship between Farwoe and Sinaphear is revealed.
The last half of the movie would consest of awsome battle scenes between the Kindoms of Lower and Carazan.There also would be a great scene at the end of the movie when Sinaphear and Farwoe fight while the golem rampages through Carazan.
The movie would not end on a happy note.Sinaphear is not killed nor is the golem destroyed.Farwoe and Galion along with who ever is left of the city is forced to flee the land of Kangdorl.
This would open up a sequal were Farwoe and Galion face off against Sinaphear, who has now built up a vast kingdom and has declared him self king.It is in the sequal were Sinaphear and his army would be defeated.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2003, 05:08:22 PM »

OK,go ahead and make it.
dean
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2003, 09:10:24 PM »

not enough movies nowadays are of the fantasy/action genre.

dungeons and dragons was awful.

i personally like the idea of a final fantasy style movie [from the games, not what they based the movie no, which i liked anyway]

the whole swords and magic/technology thing was cool.  i love that game series, fantastic stuff.

also has anyone seen the japanese horror flick "Hypnosis"?  when they released the ring, i always thought that it would be a good hollywood remake as well, any comments?
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2003, 10:08:22 PM »

<>

I actually have some Fantasy ideas that I'm trying to fashion into a treatment and later a script. I'm trying hard to have my ideas be vaguely original and to not have them be some big cliche.

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2003, 10:36:31 PM »

I would remake THE CAR. :)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If you could make a movie.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.