Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:52:27 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Off Topic: Do You Smoke? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Off Topic: Do You Smoke?  (Read 7819 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 23, 2003, 03:23:35 AM »

In my previous thread about having a movie theater all to yourself I mentioned smoking several cigarettes in the theater while watching "Eraser".

I was curious....

Do any of you smoke tobacco and if so, what brand do you smoke and for how long?

I myself gave up cigarettes 2 years ago and switched to cigars.

I know, I know...Cigars are worse you say.

But I smoke fewer of them than I did cigarettes.
I used to go through a pack of Winstons every day.
And cigarettes smell like s**t!
I cannot stand the secondhand smoke from them.
It makes me gag.

I smoke Phillies "Black Max" cigars with the plastic tips.
I like the rum flavored ones in the yellow pack.

And by the way....these cigars are filled with pipe tobacco so they smell good.
They don't smell like s**t like those big stogies do.
I've noticed that females hate the smell of my cigars.
My guy friends like the smell and bum them from me...which makes me think that cigars are primarily a guy thing.

I'm smoking one right now as I type this.

Do you smoke?
If you don't smoke then please say so.

Post Edited (08-23-03 03:46)
Sam
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 12:46:25 PM »

For the last 6 years I mostly have smoked pipes, my brand being Captain Black Gold. I also smoke the occasional cigar and cigarette but, I will always prefer my pipes
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 01:09:59 PM »

I used to smoke but a health scare made me quit almost 6 years ago. I smoked cigarettes and cigars. The only one I miss bad is the cigars. I loved them. The smell and taste were wonderful. When ever one buddy and I would go to a sporting event or concert we allways stoped at a local cigar shop and buy a couple of good expensive cigars to smoke on the trip (we live in northwest Indiana and travel to Chicago for all the shows, sometimes South Bend or south to Indy).

But I am very happy that I have quit. I just have trouble keeping off all the weight I gained since I quit.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 01:19:20 PM »

I can proudly say that I haven't had a cigarette in 2 weeks!!!! Tobacco Kills!!!!

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Neville

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 01:24:09 PM »

No, and never have. The funny thing is that I tried a couple of times in highschool, and my parents are smokers, so I had every chance of starting smoking as well, but for some reason I didn't find it any satisfying, so I just forgot about it.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 01:27:41 PM »

good for you! Nev!

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Drezzy Mac
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 03:46:53 PM »

f**k yes, boy. Been smoking since February 2nd of this year (a close friend of 8 years died in a DUI accident, so yeah).

I smoke Marlboro Reds usually, but I also smoke Camel Turkish Golds now and then if my buddy Charles lets me bum one.

Mmmmmm...CANCER!
Ellie
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2003, 04:14:57 PM »

I started smoking when I was 15. I quit smoking three years ago..I am 42. I stopped dreaming about smoking just recently. I smoked Marlboro reds and went on to GPC light 100's. I can't stand to smell cigarrettes now.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2003, 04:24:49 PM »

Tried once when I was 14, then decided afterwards that there was no reason for smoking.  Just wasn't for me.  Haven't done it since, and never will.

Nick
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2003, 05:05:06 PM »

HELL NO!! I NEVER HAVE SMOKED AND NEVER WIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!

-the first rule of fat club-
yaddo42
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2003, 05:23:08 PM »

Nope. My dad started smoking when he was 12 and it helped kill him. He always regretted starting, warned me to never take it up and gave me a lit cigar when I was 9 one Fourth of July and let me figure it out for myself. I tried to look tough and macho (in my mind at least) lighting firecrackers with it, imitating Burt Lancaster in "The Professionals". But I hacked and gagged my way through that whole cigar. Good early lesson to break me from wanting to smoke before I ever started. Although I have to admit I like the smell of good pipe tobacco.

I don't know any women who like to smoke big stogie cigars. But there are several girls at work who like those little plastic tipped cigarellos, don't know the brand, but they have a musky smell to them that's actually kind of interesting.
Rumyungyungsonson
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2003, 08:47:46 PM »

No I don't smoke, or drink for that matter.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2003, 09:51:22 PM »

I smoke Camel Lights when I'm drinking.  Seeing as I drink two or three times a week (although that figure will go way down when school starts again), that makes me a regular smoker.

Thing is, I really don't like cigarettes when I'm not drinking.  I can go several weeks without thinking of smoking, but when I get a few beers in me the urge to smoke hits like a son of a b***h.

I quit drinking, I quit smoking, but I'm not apt to do either at the moment.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2003, 11:16:04 PM »

I've actually read somewhere that scientists have conducted studies and they came to the conclusion that nothing triggers the urge to smoke more than alcohol.

I'm the same way too.

I can go all day without a cigar but as soon as I get that taste of beer I must light up.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2003, 02:13:01 AM »

Oh yeah, razor-edged lung-shredding shards of burned leaves, thick gloppy-ass tar to cut off the air supply to said shredded lungs, and about nine bajillion different chemicals to make my body freak out and give itself cancer.  Sounds like fun.  I have this urge to shoot smokers in the face with a fire extinguisher when I start getting clouds wafted on me.  
To those smokers who don't know better (this not being toward you, Ash, because I've been in a car with you and you do know better), when around non-smokers, breathe away from them, and if you're in a car, lean out the window like a dog.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Off Topic: Do You Smoke? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.