Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:59:38 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My opinions on fear and guns( from the post about Bowling for Columbine) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My opinions on fear and guns( from the post about Bowling for Columbine)  (Read 1923 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 25, 2003, 01:50:21 AM »

Recently some one just posted about a movie called Bowling for Columbine.I just saw this movie also, and found it to be very interesting.Now I decided to make a seperate post about this because I have a lot to say, and I guess I might already be getting pretty well known on this forum for having long posts.
Now there were many interesting statisitics and opinions in the  movie Bowling for Columbine, but I would half to say there was somethings I did not agree with. The first one was the situation with K-mart.The way the movie made it sound was that K-mart was responsible for the shooting at Columbine, but I find this stupid.Blaming K-mart for selling the bullets is like blaming Marilyn Manson for putting the ideas to kill into the heads of the kids that commited the shootings.The fact is that These kids wanted to do this, if K-mart didn't have the bullets then they would have gotten them from any number of diffrent stores that sell them. Its like the old saying its not guns that kill people its people that kill people.We shouldn't take the blame out on a store because some f**ked up kids shot people.The blame should go with the kids that did it.
I also did not agree with Moores harassing of Charlton Heston about him having a NRA rally after the shootings.I don't think that Charlton Heston having a NRA rally after a shooting was disrespectful.What does the NRA half to do with the shooting at Columbine? nothing.I mean should have K-mart, Walmart, Farm and Fleet and any number of other stores have closed there doors because they sell guns.Of course not.I thought that Moores showing the picture of the 6 year old girl to Heston and trying to make him feel bad about it, like he had some direct contribution to the shooting was bulls**t.
Now what I did agree with is that perhaps the reason we are such a violent nation is because we are a nation full of fear.Fear is every were in america its in the news, schools and are homes.We are taught from an early age to not trust your neighbor.We are confronted the seeming constant threat of terrorism from every direction, but the facts are that terrorism will continue dispite are best efforts, we can stop some of the plots but not all of them. We as a nation have to wake up and realise that the threat of terrorism will always be there but we shouldn't freak out every time are lights go out of the terror level goes up.We must come to undestand are world does not live in any greater threat than it did 20 years ago and even before that. I may sound like I am being apathetic and unconcerned, but I realise that if we fear every bump in the long road of civiliazation then we will never be able to become a world that can live in peace.
The reason are world seams so much more dangerous than it did when are parents were growing up is because we live in a world of infomation.Any new network in america can get there news in a matter of minutes compared to the hours or days that it took 20 or more years ago.When a shooting happens it gets to the new very fast.When someone says that there is something in are homes that can kill us, instead of them having to write a book about in order for any one to find out, now we can just turn on the tv and have two or more diffrent networks telling us about it.
Fear in america I believe is the cause of are high crime.If you watch in the movie Bowling for Columbine you will see that Canada is full of gun nuts, but there shootings are extremly low.Now why is it that a country that is right next to the US not even have a 1/4th of the shootings we have. Its because they do not fear like us.There doors are open and the people are friendly to one anouther.
Its strange that the most advanced and powerful country in the world have among the highest crime rates.I do not think that more gun laws will stop shootings.Are gun laws are already very good and if they were properly enforced are shootings would drop.
We must stop living in fear of one anouther, and accept the world around us.The news and schools must stop feeding are children with this crap about fearing the world.And are parents must most of all teach there children what is right and wrong.Set a good example for them and guid them along the correct guid lines in life.

Smells like popcorn and shame
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 03:13:18 AM »

I don't understand why everyone is living in fear. Yes, you have a certain amount of caution in your actions, but you have to realize that you have to trust people. It's when there's a low degree of trust that things go horribly wrong.

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 06:48:28 PM »

NOt to mention that Washington D.C. has some of the strictest gun laws in the country and it also has one of the highest rates of gun violence. The criminals there know that people are likely to be unarmed. States with more relaxed gun ownership laws actually have less crime. Criminals don't want to get shot anymore than honest people do.
Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 08:48:41 PM »

You´re a dick.
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 08:55:55 PM »

There doesn't need to be any flaming. If you want to disagree with someone, do it in an orderly mature fashion. When you insult someone as a means of disagreeing, all you do is come off looking like an extreme dumbass.

Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 08:59:29 PM »

Sorry,I´ll behave.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 06:48:18 PM »

Good boy. You win a cookie.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 07:05:38 PM »

Yay!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My opinions on fear and guns( from the post about Bowling for Columbine) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.