Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:19:01 PM
714345 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lizard in a Woman's Skin, Cat in the Brain, Cemetery Man « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lizard in a Woman's Skin, Cat in the Brain, Cemetery Man  (Read 1345 times)
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 26, 2003, 11:26:12 AM »

I must say.....I'm not as up on the best sources for information as some of you, so perhaps someone can bring me up to score.

All year (2 years now for Cat in the Brain) I've been waiting for these three to come out on DVD.....I've pre-ordered, cancelled, pre-ordered again....release dates keep changing, or in the case of Cemetery Man, disappearing alltogether.

Does anyone know the deal with these flicks? Are rights issues to blame? Perhaps I'm being punished for some past karmic transgression?

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 11:42:38 AM »

Good things come to those who wait!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 12:02:24 PM »

Psha.....one time I got bit by a snake and waited a few days to go to the doctor and then had to stay in the hospital a month. Copperhead.

Then one time I felt some tightness in my chest, and waited for it to go away, and ended up with the worst bronchitis I ever had.

Then there was one time I liked this girl enough to not have premarital sex with her, and she cheated on me with my best friend.

So that's what waiting gets you.

Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 01:10:42 PM »

First with LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN: the DVD distributor Shriek Show-Media Blasters has indeed pushed this title back far enough. But it's for a good reason: so they don't mess it up. The company has already been critisized on some of their releases, so Shriek Show-Media Blasters has cancelled the release date not the release itself. It's more likely due to the additional extra features and such: the DVD company has found the English version and the Italian version, now their are reports of a French release version that is said to be a bit different from the U.S. and Italian releases! Also, their have been many complaints about the films' Original Theatrica Aspect Ratio as the big fan base say it's 2.35:1 Techniscope, while the DVD distributor says it's in 1.85:1! Not only that, but with the additional extra materials it's going to be one hell of a Shriek Show-Media Blasters DVD. Also, their release of ZOMBI 2 has been pulled back, but it is going to be released.

CEMETERY MAN: I really don't have an answer for this one, but sit back and wait. I'll see what's going on with this title and inform you as soon as I can.

As for A CAT IN THE BRAIN, Image Entertainment originally tried to lisence the Italian laguage version as another distributor Grindhouse Releasing has the International English language release. This was an attempt by Image to dodge Grindhouse, but alais it was not to be. And frankly, if Grindhouse wants to put their hands on the film rights then damn it Grindhouse should be releasing it on DVD! But apparently, they are not.
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

Danke, Chris K. Enlightenment is a rare and wondrous thing.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lizard in a Woman's Skin, Cat in the Brain, Cemetery Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.