Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:49 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  R.O.T.O.R « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R.O.T.O.R  (Read 2718 times)
Conny jonasson
« on: July 15, 2001, 01:51:31 PM »

This film is so funny , have anyone of you seen it?
it about this terminator cop  in the future , and something went wrong and he gets out of control . He becomes like Judge dread (to judge and execute)
The robot cop looks like one in village people , i have notist that some parts of the sounds they have taken from the terminator  movie
the film cover is painted and on that robot there they have taken the legs of c3po from starwars.
read more about it here
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0098156
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2001, 02:34:03 PM »

I've seen it.  Me and a friend rented it when we were kids.  Mostly because we thought the robot on the cover looked pretty cool.

I only remember two things about it.  One, it was terrible.  Two, the dub they used on the main actors voice was ridiculously deep.
Hairzilla
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2001, 03:25:10 PM »

My comment isn't in regard to "R.O.T.O.R." per se, Conny [Even though it sounds hysterical in it's awfulness! I may have to check to see if the video store I go to has it!], but more to your observations about the sampled sounds and cover art.

Your descriptions, especially about how C-3PO's legs are recognizable on the cover, sparked a thought [after I stopped snickering long enough] that the pictorial representations found on the video covers of many, truly bad movies are, more often than not, totally misleading! [It's an evil plot I tell ya!]

Take my personal favorite example: "Godzilla Vs King Kong".  A few years ago I used to see it with a cover that featured genuine stills from the movie and let you know exactly what you were in for. [And for good reason!] Most recently, however, I've begun to see it with a different cover that has images of the monsters taken from completely different films, and that are far superior to how they actually appear in the movie! [Boy, are any casual, unaware fans that buy it and expect it to look like the cover gonna be in for a letdown!] The image of King Kong that...uh, graces the most current cover has obviously been stole...er, "used with permission" from the Dino Delaurentis remakes [Now there's a name that Beavis would get hung up on and mutter throughout an entire episode!], as well as the Godzilla shot being from a much later, better  film.  My God, shouldn't there be some kind of law against such blatant, insideous deception?....I firmly place the blame on the U.N. and Kurt Cobain....

Don't need nothin' but a good,
                                                                                   Tokyo stompin' time!
Ken Begg
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2001, 12:10:45 AM »

If I may be so bold:

http://www.jabootu.com/rotor.htm
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2001, 08:23:17 AM »

Thanks, Ken, I knew somebody reviewed it...

Yeah, I saw that KKvG cover: Kong from the Dino-De remake, Godzilla from Godzilla 1985. No freaking shame whatsoever.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2001, 09:10:38 AM »

Kinda like all those cheapjack distributors of Roger Corman's "Little Shop of Horrors" who put a big (80s-era) picture of Nicholson on the cover, suggesting he's the star. Although, truth be told, I have a feeling Roger would do the same thing...
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2001, 10:42:30 AM »

Ahha! I thought the Kenmister had done that one. And a good novel lingth review it was, too. Hey,...its Ken. Did you ever wonder if the family of ...oh, alzhimers!...the lady that wrote FRANKENSTEIN should get royaltys from all the movies that do the "It turned on its creator" bit? corse...that concept could be applyed to some film Makers! "Waterworld" anyone? "Heavens gate?" "Ishatar?" Must be awful to have your movie grab you by the throat and yell, "Why did you make me like this!?"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  R.O.T.O.R « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.