Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:17:41 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why, I ask? Why? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Why, I ask? Why?  (Read 19631 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 02:14:55 AM »

because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for my money unintentionally hilarous bad movies are usually miles ahead of my most comedies

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 05:03:01 AM »

Shatner's Best Film W/ About 10 sec Of Screen Time: Judgement at Nuremburg.

Shatner's Best Film As "Leading Man": The Intruder

Shatner's Worst Film: White Comanche. (the horror, the horror)

Shatner's Best Star Trek Film: Star Trek IV

My favorite William Shatner film-as a crazed gigilo/pedophile in IMPULSE (1974)

Small | Large

I actually saw this mind melter at the theater!!!!  Buggedout

As to the question WHY???

Well...because-like many-as a kid I didn't realize some movies were bad....I actually enjoyed (and was scared!) of stuff like The AMAZING COLLASAL MAN and the BRAIN THAT WOULDNT DIE-(the ending terrified me!!!). Others-like ASTRO ZOMBIES and DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN-which I also seen on late night tv in the early 70's-I knew were crap...but I would suffer thru them anyway-just to see Lon Chaney or John Carradine-hoping it might somehow get better. I recall seeing FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR on uhf late one nite-waiting for the Frankenstein monster to show up.....he never did! Just a cheezy werewolf! Like watching a car wreck-it's awful-but I gotta look.
And...well...I'm an addictive personality-once I get hooked to something-even though it may be destroying my mind and of no value at all-I can't stop.

Small | Large

(-And folks wonder why I'm weird...I saw this in 1973....my mallable mind was being molded into weird shapes.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »

I'm sure I've answered the original question before, but I'll do so again.

I watch crappy movies for two main reasons.

1) They weren't crappy (or at least I didn't think so) when I first saw them or other movies like them. Eliminators, Kingdom of the Spiders, Star Crash, Godzilla, etc. were all good movies when I first saw them. At least, my friends and I thought so.

2) I got an appreciation for unintended humour and riffing on bad movies from older siblings. And there was a TV station that aired Plan 9, Creeping Terror and other such dubious classics once a week for that purpose when I was a kid.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Archivist

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »

1) They weren't crappy (or at least I didn't think so) when I first saw them or other movies like them. Eliminators, Kingdom of the Spiders, Star Crash, Godzilla, etc. were all good movies when I first saw them. At least, my friends and I thought so.

That's a good point about the movies not being bad when we saw them.  At the time they just seemed cool.

I remember being 6 or 7 and watching reruns of Blood From The Mummy's Tomb and Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers on TV.  Later came Star Wars, Logan's Run and Battlestar Galactica.  As a teenager I loved 80's action movies like Commando and Revenge of the Ninja, as did my friends.  We used to wait for the next Van Damme or Stallone movie with bated breath.  Other friends introduced me to movies like The Devil's Rain and Pink Floyd's The Wall.

In my late teens and early twenties I was avidly watching a local TV show called Eat Carpet that featured short experimental films from all over the world; strange and arty things which sometimes seemed like Surrealist or Dadaist art on film.  Fun times.

And I did watch the last episode of Kindred: The Embraced last night.  It's been about ten years since I've seen the series, and on one hand I am now surprised to recognize the times of unrealistic dialogue and overacting, but on the other I have a much better appreciation of when everything was good.  That final episode was powerful.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »

Because it makes me feel better about my own writing.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »

Because I actually kinda enjoy watching them. I don't know they're just more fun in a lot of ways.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »

Joe Bob Briggs nailed it - it's the "Three B's" -

Blood, Breasts, and Beasts.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »

Joe Bob Briggs nailed it - it's the "Three B's" -

Blood, Breasts, and Beasts.

Yeah, if we're talking about Joe Bob Briggs, the three B's definitely ain't the Better Business Bureau

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 12:22:24 AM »

Because I actually kinda enjoy watching them. I don't know they're just more fun in a lot of ways.

That nails it. Just because I like them. Theyre FUN. And Lord knows- we all need just to have FUN.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 04:27:06 AM »

This topic has been resurrected after eight years? There must be a reason.

A reason so FANTASTIC...

SO INCREDIBLE...

THAT YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT!!!

(A CAST OF MILLIONS!)

I love movies that are brilliant and challenging, the movies that put you through the mill of human emotion when you sit down and watch them. They're my life blood, and make movie-watching worthwhile.

But I don't want to see them every time I sit down to watch a movie.

Sometimes (most times) I just want to sit down and watch something that will flip all my entertainment buttons. Those buttons involve goofy sci-fi plots, monsters, a ton of gore, and more than any movie's fair share of T&A. And, surprise, those goofy movies are often times some of the best movies ever made.

Whenever I sit down and try to make a list of my five favorite movies, I always include Seven Samurai, which is one of the greatest movies ever made. Everything good about movies is present in that movie, and it's a thoughtful and stirring meditation on life. But right next to Seven Samurai in my list is Return of the Living Dead, which doesn't really have anything I need to see in a movie, but has everything I want to see in a movie.

Guess which one I have seen way more than the other.

(Of course, one has a young and very nude Linnea Quigley in it. If I had to sit down and choose between any two movies, you can bet I will always pick the one with the nude Linnea Quigley. The human experience is vast.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 11:43:15 AM »

If I had to sit down and choose between any two movies, you can bet I will always pick the one with the nude Linnea Quigley.

I don't know.  I just don't seem to enjoy movies with beautiful naked women in them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

If I had to sit down and choose between any two movies, you can bet I will always pick the one with the nude Linnea Quigley.

I don't know.  I just don't seem to enjoy movies with beautiful naked women in them.

I try not to look like I'm enjoying them. That is, if my wife is watching with me.

---------------------
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »

Plain and simple, I love Sci-Fi, Fantasy a Horror and the traditional FX that went into making these movies but most of all I love monsters and most B-movies have monsters! I'll always love monsters!

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 02:06:29 AM »

I realize you said that in jest, but I am working very hard to bite back my anger at such a statement. Naked ladies in bad movies are manna from heaven. Especially if they are Linnea Quigley.

T&A in exploitation movies may be the greatest thing ever created. Single-handedly created an industry! I don't ever want to hear a single bad word aimed at beautiful naked women!

Kidding aside, I have watched a very large amount of truly terrible movies solely for the promise of female skin. In fact, if I put as much energy into chasing women as I have in chasing bad movies, I'd be a much more successful horndog. Sadly, I got a taste for goofy movies.

I'm still single, but I have a large collection of T&A obsessed B-movies.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »

I try not to look like I'm enjoying them. That is, if my wife is watching with me.

I should amend my previous statement to add that my wife finds just as much entertainment as I do in some types of movies with female nudity. Specifically, we both get a laugh out of old nudie cuties and nudist camp films of the 50s and 60s, particularly the ones that go out of their way to appear educational as they show naked people picking flowers, playing chess and engaging in all manner of wholesome and utterly staged activities.

---------------------
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why, I ask? Why? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.