Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:06:14 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why do movies made by SNL cast members suck « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why do movies made by SNL cast members suck  (Read 5141 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 27, 2003, 04:04:50 AM »

Why is it that pretty much all of the movies made by SNL cast members in the last 13 years or so have sucked ass.I mean look at the SNL cast members of old Martin Short,Steve Martin,Chevy Chase,John Belushi,and Dan Akroyd (I know misspelled the last names), These guys made some great f**king movies.But These new SNL cast memebers movies just suck.
Look at the crap put out by Adam Sandler and Rob Schnieder. These guys were funny on SNL because you only had to watch them act like retards for five minutes per sketch, but to watch them for two f**king hours in a movie is awful. Its like every movie they make is an extended SNL sketch, and far less funny.I found movies like Little Nicky and The Animal to be some of the dumbest movies ever made.
Mike Myers I thought would be the one to finally be able to make some good movies.After the first Austin Powers I was hopefull but one I saw the second and third ones I had to wonder what the f**k happened.The second Austin Powers was ok but not like the first one and the third Austin Powers just sucked ass.
And the people on the current SNL not only suck on the show but not one of there movies are good. Will Farrell I think is terribly unfunny, as well as most of the others.
So I just want to know what is wrong with these people.Is it that no current director knows how to properly use them or do they have just so little talent that they couldn't make a good movie if there life depended on it.

Smells like popcorn and shame
dean
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 07:45:35 AM »

i guess i must have a few brain cells missing.  i quite enjoy most of their stuff.  nothing oscar worthy or to last the ages in film history thats for sure, but just pure mindless entertainment.  

although many people have hated most of his stuff, i don't think rob schnieder is that bad.  'the hot chick' was pretty good in my mind [haven't seen the animal so not sure how it compares, but it was good alongside deuce]

adam sandler has also made alot of crap.  but its crap i still watch: just saw the first hour or so of Mr Deeds and thought it wasn't too bad.

Will Farrel is a champ, i love most of his stuff.  He was great in Zoolander and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and that recent film he did, which i can't remember the name of, which i haven't seen but have heard lots of good things about.

sure they are dumb movies, but i enjoy them anyway.  

yes i also do recognise there's alot of crap to be sorted through [some stuff was just barely average]

i think the problem is probably that they are too busy working with friends and having fun making the movie, that it's probably a bunch of jokes they all thought were funny as hell, but we thought were ok.  just look at anything by Happy Madison: every time we have Rob Schnieder and Steve Buscemi and that other guy i forget the name of but is always hanging around anyway; they are all involved.

so when they do inject a little extra characters into the movie, without the silly factor that they all too often tend to have, it tends to be a good film. [wedding singer wasn't a riot, but it was a reasonably classy film compared to little nicky and hot chick and what not]
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 10:32:05 AM »

call me crazy but i actually liked "It's Pat" in a dark sorta way...i think it's underrated. of course i guess you have to be in the right frame of mind for it.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 11:25:30 AM »

"Superstar" and "Night at the Roxbury".

UUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
F-Freep
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 11:45:19 AM »

I have yet to see any of these movies.  The TV commercials are pretty much all, or more than, I can take
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 02:58:57 PM »

The answer to this is simple . . . SNL has sucked since about the 3rd season it was on television.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 03:29:55 PM »

I was gonna say what Burgo said, pretty much.

SNL is not nearly as funny as it used to be; why the movies from the same cast be any different?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 03:41:35 PM »

wyckednick wrote:

> Look at the crap put out by Adam Sandler and Rob Schnieder.
> These guys were funny on SNL because you only had to watch them
> act like retards for five minutes per sketch, but to watch them
> for two f**king hours in a movie is awful. Its like every movie
> they make is an extended SNL sketch, and far less funny.

That's it!  So many of the movies are SNL skits written to be two hours long, and the characters & situations don't hold up that well; 5 minute charicatures have to be instantly obnoxious/grating, there isn't time to build them up, but getting that same level for 90-120 minutes, ugh.

FWIW, some of the skits the last few years have been good, but it seems like everything has to be a sex joke or a gross out (Will Ferrel in a speedo-shudder.)
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2003, 05:54:49 PM »

Even Eddie Murphy (a man we jokingly call 'our neighbor' because he lives in the same city as us part of the year), hasn't had a good movie in quite some time!!

Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2003, 07:21:49 PM »

"Saturday Night live"-based movies:

-"Wayne´s World"
-Wayne´s World 2"
-"Coneheads"
-"The Blues Brothers"
-"Blues Brothers 2000"
-"A Night At The Roxbury"
-"Zoolander"
-"Stuart Saves His Family"
-"It´s Pat"
-"Gumby Saves The Day"
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2003, 07:29:30 PM »

I'm guessing that it's due to the total lack of talent that the SNL crew have had for years.

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 07:35:07 PM »

Say,did anyone watch the"Bill Murray VS Chris Kattan"fight in Celebrity Deathmatch?
Gecko brothers
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 10:03:36 PM »

Will is good. The only major problem is that they just do repeats of the same story with few changes. Like
-Ryan Styles Planet
-The clothe shop
-News report

Only a few are actually good most of the begining stuff is funny but you just can't stay up to watch the rest
Like a guy gets bitten in the B**** and they call 911
Right I'm suppose to do what, where, with my mouth!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 10:08:28 PM »

Yea, the original cast made good movies and the new batch comedians was lucky to make a few that can be called anything near good. My favorite are:

Animal House
Stripes
Blues Brothers
Ghostbusters
Caddyshack
Meatballs (as a teenager)
Nieghbors (well i liked it)

NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 10:17:52 PM »

I wonder how screwed up it would have been if they had done LAND SHARK: The Movie!!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why do movies made by SNL cast members suck « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.