Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:09:25 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Victor Salva & Jeepers Creepers 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Victor Salva & Jeepers Creepers 2  (Read 5062 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2003, 05:11:34 AM »

Will wrote: "Depends....do you like Roman Polanski movies like The Pianist? He's convicted of molesting young girls.....which is just as bad."

The Roman polanski case is not as disturbing as that. Polanski had consented sex with a minor, which is quite a foolish thing to do, and when he had to appear in court he just flew away, which is another stupid thing to do. From the beginning of the case until present day, the woman has maintained that their relations were consented. Roman Polanski is not a rapist, he's an inbecile. There is quite a difference.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2003, 03:04:48 PM »

I just thought pt. 1 was a goofy assed horror flick. And since I enjoy goofy assed horror flicks, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I also will probably enjoy the goofiness in pt. 2.

I dig Chinatown, but kinda think the other Polanski flicks I've seen were kinda beyond me, not a reflection on Polanski's talent...just my attention span...what was I saying?

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Seeandsaw
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2003, 01:36:31 PM »

We can:

(1)  Have him blacklisted from Hollywood... which would probably mean he'd have to move to another place to find work... which would mean he'd be in an environment where it's more likely his past would be unknown... and the story of his crime would eventually fade from memory... and fewer (if any) people would be keeping an eye on him... which he himself would know

or

(2) Let him keep working in Hollywood... where his past would never be allowed to be forgotten... where everybody would be keeping an eye on him... and he'd know everyone would be keeping an eye on him.

I'm not saying that the present way child molesters are dealt with is ideal. But until the laws get changed, we have to do the best with what we've got.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2003, 11:10:03 PM »

"I'm not saying that the present way child molesters are dealt with is ideal. But until the laws get changed, we have to do the best with what we've got."

Or it might be possible he actually has reformed, at least as best as is possible for a child molestor.  True reform is rare for them, unfortunately, but it does happen.  However, the laws generally aren't light on this kind of thing - it varies by state of course, but in some if it is a child under 12 (I think?) it's a minimum of life in prison.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2003, 03:43:36 PM »

Finally got around to seeing Salva's "Jeepers Creepers," the third time is the charm. I might get around to seeing "Jeepers Creepers 2," if not in the theater, then on television.

I'll credit Salva as being a tolerable director, but, as a writer . . .  
He created some of the stupidest characters I have ever seen in a horror film.   (Does  every horror character check their brain at the door.) And not only did I find the characters incrediblely stupid, I found them incrediblely irritating. I don't think I have ever wanted to b***hslap a character in a film before, but, there is a first time for everything. Almost every time the sister opened her mouth, I wanted to slap her. And her brother was not far behind in slapability. But, more then this, there was not really much original about the film. And anything that is original in it, will no doubt be ground out, as the series continues, so the character becomes another Freddy, another Jason, another Michael, etc.

Which is why European horror at this point in time is superior to American horror. The werewolves in "Dog Soldiers," the zombies in "28 Days Later" are not that original, but, at least, the filmmakers are doing something original with them. And until American filmmakers come up with something more original, then they have, then American horror will be inferior to European horror (IMHO)

On a more personal level, Salva is not the only filmmaker who has put his sexual pecadillos, whatever they may be, up on the screen. Ever wonder why the hitchchiker is a boy scout in "Lair of the White Worm," then read page 2 of the director's autobiography "The Lion Roars." He goes into more detail as to why he thought the man was a scout master in an interview he did for "Bizarre" magazine, but the book gives one some idea of the director's sexual pecadillos.

And filmmakers are not the only ones to put their sexual pecadillos into their art. I have heard the rumor, which I cannot verify, that the creator of Wonder Woman was heavily into bondage, and that is why one sees so many people tied up in the early Wonder Woman comics.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2003, 05:31:35 PM »

I will credit Salva with one thing, when he was convicted, he went to jail and served his time. Unlike Roman Polanski, who fled the country, when he was convicted, or maybe it was when he was indicted, I forget. And as far as I know he has never come back to this country, not even for this year's Academy Awards.

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2003, 05:49:53 PM »

When people first started talking about him & his past criminal offenses I had an image in my mind as to what I thought he looked like.

I was WAY off!

Here's the link to see his pic:

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0114168/Ss/0114168/1-14.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Salva,%20Victor

He does indeed look like a pervert in my opinion.

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2003, 08:06:46 PM »

well in my opinion Salva and polanski are the same. As much as I hate Salva for what he did and him getting away with it( sure  a year or two in prison some therepy, ok go make movies) he did pay his debt to society. as for exercising his tastes in film i think he should be more careful. Salva is easier to hate because A) he is obviously a homosexual B) the victim was a boy and not a girl and C) its easier to hate a homosexual than a hetrosexual. While I am disgusted beyond belief at Salva and will not see any of his films least he did do some time.

Polanski on the other hand is worse than Salva, bad enough  he raped a 13 year old girl in jack Nicholsons house, Polanski fled the US and now lives like a king in Europe under the protection of france and sweden or where ever hes hiding. and these people know about it and choose to ignore it. What ihate th emost about polanski is he got away with it. i dont care if hes f**king Orson Welles reincarnated he should NOT be allowed to have his films distributed in the USA. Much less obtain awards from us.

People are such f**kers.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2003, 03:22:09 AM »

"and these people know about it and choose to ignore it."

What should they do?

Anyways, America does the same thing to Cuban terrorists.
Old MacDonald
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2003, 11:30:32 AM »

From everything I've heard on the subject, sexual molestation of a boy does NOT mean the offender is gay, just that he likes young boys. "It's easier to hate homosexuals than heterosexuals?"  Why?
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2003, 03:36:57 PM »

<>

Exactly! Did you know that something like 95% child molesters are straight?

ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2003, 09:07:58 PM »

Jim Hepler wrote:

>True reform is rare
> for them, unfortunately, but it does happen.  However, the laws
> generally aren't light on this kind of thing - it varies by
> state of course, but in some if it is a child under 12 (I
> think?) it's a minimum of life in prison.

My nephew(age 12) and neice(age 2) were molested by their sisters 19 years old boyfriend. This was his 3rd time and what did he get? He was sentanced to 20 years but will only serve 10. In my opinion this monster should have been sent away for the rest of his life but all he got was a hand slap. Oh, I should mention that we live in Indiana.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Victor Salva & Jeepers Creepers 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.