Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:44 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on a Couple Films ....... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your Thoughts on a Couple Films .......  (Read 3225 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 29, 2003, 07:46:08 PM »

I was thinking of renting two films.

1) VAMPIRE HUNTERS - New Martials Arts/Vampire film from China On DVD.

2) AND GOD SPOKE - The cover calls it a "mockumentary" about film making. Is it any good?

NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 08:22:06 PM »

<<2) AND GOD SPOKE - The cover calls it a "mockumentary" about film making. Is it any good?>>

I've wanted to see this for years!! But I've been having a hard time finding it.

Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 10:20:54 PM »

Oh, I thought it was a recent release. It's on the shelve at my local Blockbuster.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 02:20:00 AM »

This is kind of off topic Scott and I'm sure you've been told this before....

You look like a young Bill Gates!

I looked at your profile and your home/travel page and that was the first thought that entered my mind!

Post Edited (08-30-03 02:21)
Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 09:55:29 AM »

Yea, I've been wanting to make some money at it, but just haven't applied myself. It is a common responce from people I don't know and I get alot of double takes. Thats one more vote for Bill Gates from Ashthecat.

Neville

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 10:05:45 AM »

Is that "Vampire Hunters" film you mention directed by Tsui Hark? I wonder if it is the "Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters" that sits on the shelf of my regular video store. If it is so, it may be worth the rental, because Tsui Hark is one of the best asian filmmakers when it comes to mindless wire-fu action combined with horror. He was one of the minds behind the "Chinese Ghost Story" series, for instance.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Scott

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 10:13:19 PM »

Yes Neville that is the same film. It looks good and was very tempted to rent it. Sounds like a good combination wired martial arts and vampires. LEGEND OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES isn't bad either.

Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2003, 11:25:15 PM »

I've heard mixed things about Vampire Hunters, Scott.  I'd say rent it if you have an interest in Tsui Hark or over-the-top swordplay action.  I haven't seen it, but that's pretty much what I've heard.

Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.  Ah yes, I still haven't seen this either.. but I've heard that Anchor Bay put out a cool DVD and did the film justice.  Supposedly there's another cut of the movie that is interlaced with tons of nudity and takes out a lot of the rest of the movie.  I think the DVD has both versions.  Again, I haven't seen this one, but I've heard it's a good mix of kung fu and hammer stuff.

Nick
Scott

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 11:30:42 PM »

I seen it about a year ago and it was different and yes there is some nudity.

NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 12:12:31 AM »

Has anyone seen the Mr. Vampire series of films?

Uncle Fester
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 12:12:48 AM »

I've seen Vampire Hunters,I loved it!Destined to become a classic.Vampires,kung-fu,funny,love story,pretty good effects,check it out!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 02:39:31 AM »

Vampire Hunters kicked my face in thoroughly.  It's not actually directed by Hark, just produced, but it rocks.  That vampire is one bad beastie.  It tunnels, draws blood by telekenesis, can re-animate armies of zombies, and breaths fire!  Suck on THAT, Anne Rice wussie Euro-trash vampires.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
wuggles451
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2003, 08:27:46 AM »

I have the 7 Golden Vampires DVD but have never been compelled to watch the other cut, Dracula and the 5 Brothers(and one Sister), I believe is what it is called. Dont i feel silly now, the "tons of nudity", gives me some incentive. Thanks Dolph!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on a Couple Films ....... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.