Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:16 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I caught this week...thoughts? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stuff I caught this week...thoughts?  (Read 2154 times)
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 29, 2003, 11:06:17 PM »

The Alien Dead....Fred Olen Ray's first flick...I'd heard about it in various splatter flick compendiums, and finally got it from RetroMedia. Godawful. But the enthusiasm almost makes it worth it....well, maybe not. Great lines though. The dialogue is beautiful. 3 slimes.

Queen Kong....also got from RetroMedia....Geez, this was even worse than the little Fangoria retrospective led me to believe. But I loved it. The musical numbers, the feminist jokes.....it was like a crude precurser to the masterpiece that is Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. 4 slimes.

The Amityville Horror....hadn't watched this in maybe 10 years. Not as fun as I remember. That first scene with the priest is great though (GET....OUT!!!!)  2 1/2 slimes. It's a little boring now.

Barn of the Blood Llama....my ex got this for my birthday like 4 or 5 years ago (I think she even e-mailed Andrew to get ordering information....or someone on the board...very sweet of her [and andrew, too]).....man, it's even worse than I remember. 4 slimes!

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 11:08:42 PM »

The Amityville Horror should've been called "The Amityville Bore"

Haha!

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 11:21:03 PM »

Today AMITYVILLE HORROR might be a bore, but when it was playing it was considered a true story that added to the effect of the film at the time. Later it was found out that it was a money making hoax.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 11:42:03 PM »

Didn't Andrew move to Amityville?

I wonder if he's been to that house yet.

Is the house occupied or is it a tourist attraction?

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 11:56:36 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> Didn't Andrew move to Amityville?
>
> I wonder if he's been to that house yet.
>
> Is the house occupied or is it a tourist attraction?

My unit is in Amityville.  I live farther out on Long Island.

The house where the murders happened is about 4 miles from where I am based.  It is not the same house as was used in the film.  I believe that house is in NJ and the owners (of the filming location house) have remodeled it so that it does not look like it did in the film.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 06:42:27 AM »

>Today AMITYVILLE HORROR might be a bore, but when it was playing it was >considered a true story that added to the effect of the film at the time.

I remember when I got the book through the school book club. I think at least 4-5 people ended up borrowing it from me.
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2003, 09:15:06 AM »

Did anyone see the other, more entertaining films? hahaha
For some reason, I find Amityville 2: The Possession more fun to watch...maybe because the French foreign exchange student from Better Off Dead shows her boobs and then has sex with her possessed brother? I dunno....

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 09:37:57 AM »

Will wrote:

> Did anyone see the other, more entertaining films? hahaha
> For some reason, I find Amityville 2: The Possession more fun
> to watch...maybe because the French foreign exchange student
> from Better Off Dead shows her boobs and then has sex with her
> possessed brother? I dunno....
>

I've seen all of the AMITYVILLE films.  All of them.  I wouldn't recommend the experience.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
yaddo42
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2003, 10:16:29 AM »

"Amityville 4" is floating around the $5.88 bin at my local Wal-Mart. People don't seem to be buying it, as the number of copies doesn't seem to be changing over the past few weeks, and the staff just piles the newer stuff (most 'Bonanza" episodes and lesser known Bob Hope flicks) on top.

I remember my sister and a group of friends watching the original "Amityville Horror" at a party when we were in high school. It scared the crap out of them. I shot pool in another room with some buddies and we laughed at all the screaming they were doing. Ah good times.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I caught this week...thoughts? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.