Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:27 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Brainwashing, Schizophrenia and Mutant Geckos! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brainwashing, Schizophrenia and Mutant Geckos!  (Read 2592 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: July 17, 2001, 03:28:22 AM »

ABERRATION - Woman alone in cabin is plagued by a mysterious plague of mysterious creatures.  Then we find out they're mutant geckos.  Luckily she is assisted by geeky biologist with whom she can bicker.  There's also a crazy Russian.  Wasn't a bad movie, just not particularly memorable.  There's a reader review on this page.

GOING BERSERK - Very early John Candy comedy.  Looks to be made for about two dollars and is actually pretty funny.  The labrynthian plot involves John Candy being brainwashed by an aerobics cult into killing his soon to be father-in-law, a United States senator.  Also features Eugene Levy and Joe Flaherty.  I bought it for five dollars, two and a half times its budget, and it was worth every penny.  Candy's karaoke scene is priceless.  I recommend it to people who like comedy, especially SCTV fans.

CLEAN, SHAVEN - Incredibly brutal film about schizophrenia.  I didn't really know what to expect when I rented this one.  The plot involves a shizophrenic man on a search for his daughter.  The film is a disturbing look into the reality of schizophrenia.  Nothing romanticized here.  Everything in the movie is filtered through this man's disturbed mind, the abberant sounds just heightening the dis-ease.  Very hard to watch at times.  Recommend to people who are looking for a downer or are just interested in mental illness.

That's all for now.  Next up, JUDGEMENT.  Mr. T and Corbin Bernsen put God on trial in this Christian thriller!
CM
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2001, 09:14:52 PM »

Re: "Brainwashing, Schizophrenia and Mutant Geckos!"

Sounds like a good description of Mesa, AZ, actually. =)
N. E. Moses
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2001, 12:53:03 AM »

So that's what Mayor Giulliani was trying to do to New York.  But the "mutant" part is more mouse than Gecko
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2001, 11:28:09 AM »

Do you realise....Mofo has just described the three main plot elements of the average B-movie? Hah....make a good script. "Attack of the Brainwashed,schizophrenic, mutant Geckos". By Brian DePalma. Tonight on AMC.  Right after "Attack of the Mushroom people", brought to you by the Fungus apprecation scociaty of Japan. (Fungus- its not just for breakfast anymore).
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2001, 02:06:26 PM »

Including the 3 elements, we would end up with "The Mutant Magic Mushroomed-up Manchurian Candidate" - starring Frank (Da Fungus) Sinatra, Laurence (I've got just the one facial expression) Harvey, Janet (Schizo er Psycho) Leigh and Angela (Murder, She Acted In) Lansbury. Harv's platoon are brainwashed with  plenty of the funny-fungi, but they're so bombed that it "would be waaaaay too heavy, to like asssssasssssinnnnate, like anyone, because we're all the same under this vale of tears, and anyway guns are not cool. Unless you're blowing away incestuous, commie, so-called mothers!
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2001, 10:25:20 AM »

Steve, you'r a sick,sick,sick man. I like that about you! Heck, i like all you loons.
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2001, 03:04:31 PM »

As they say Mr. Flange - It takes one to know one! Loons must stick together or everybody will want to be one, so ssshhhhh. Damn - I've only just thought of the greatest sword-fight in movie history - King Arthur vs The Black Knight. "Come back 'ere yer coward - I'll bite yer legs off!"  "Alright, we'll call it a draw" (all 4 limbs hacked off).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Brainwashing, Schizophrenia and Mutant Geckos! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.